Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    It's generic, yes. But, it's not as bad as the ones we've got for the Bond films starting with CR which were nothing but generic (except for the one where Bond lays his hand on the Walther PPK alongside the gambling chips).
    I think it's just as bad, but yes, Bond posters are not exactly interesting, either. (Though I also like the CR poster you mentioned.)
    The glory days of movie posters are long gone i'm afraid. Most are uninspiring at best. The days of Drew Struzen and Robert McGuiness are over. A good, original LALD poster would cost you thousands, will the same be said of SP in years to come i wonder. The best poster of this year by far is Star Trek Beyond. Great poster(shame about the film)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    What's sad is it costs almost nothing to make a really great poster; for every horrible, official movie poster I see, there are at least two or three fan-made versions that blow it out of the water completely.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @ClarkDevlin I need this right now!!!! I'll be seeing this in 12 days.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Haha! I know the feeling! :D
    @Tuulia, just saw this posted, so hopefully it's new to you.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That looks fantastic.
    Thanks, @Creasy47. It's gorgeous.
    @Tuulia, you're very welcome!

A new image from 'The Dark Tower' has appeared online, but I haven't seen most of the other photos posted here, either:

http://collider.com/the-dark-tower-movie-image-jake/

Here's the IMAX trailer for 'Sully':

Also, the red-band trailer for 'Hands of Stone' is online:

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Ben Affleck set to produce, direct and be the main actor in an adaptation of Agatha Christie's Witness For The Prosecution.
    Appearing as Batman?
    e131bd512f21084762234ac2fcfbd0ce.jpg
    CqYBWWmWIAAt8SP.jpg:large
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,694
    @Creasy47

New teaser for La La Land:

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Trailer for Halle Berry's new film, Kidnapped:

Any parent can relate to that.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That looks like an abomination. Poor Halle.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    An abomination, how?
    @jake24 wants more Liam Neeson action films with Liam Neeson. ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @jake24 wants more Liam Neeson action films with Liam Neeson. ;)
    You know me too well!

@doubleoego That was more of an exaggeration on my part, but I seriously doubt any potential in what I just saw. I'll give it a chance, but I'm sure most can predict the mediocre, exhausted premise.
    The movie does not look that bad, and Halle Berry sure is a total babe. I just would prefer if it was another action film with Denzel or Liam in the main role bringing in major badassery.
    The movie does not look that bad, and Halle Berry sure is a total babe. I just would prefer if it was another action film with Denzel or Liam in the main role bringing in major badassery.
    Oh, you'll hear no argument from me there. She hasn't changed a bit since DAD.

Trailer for Halle Berry's new film, Kidnapped:

Shame they didn't 'kidnap' Jinx,before DAD was released..
    Damn, 'A United Kingdom' looks great, hadn't even heard about it until I watched the trailer.
    @Creasy47, I had heard about the movie, knew the leads, and had and seen a few pics, but hadn't really looked into it, so the big reveal for me in the trailer was the mention of "true story" - I was like, wait, what, it is?
    Can't say I've ever heard the real story behind it! Suppose I can't complain, means I won't know exactly what's going down when I finally see it.