Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That Halle Berry film looks like it's worth a watch. I enjoyed The Call, which she did a few years back, and this seems to have a similar flavour. I'm a big fan of the thriller genre though.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/sarah-paulson-in-talks-for-oceans-eight/
    Sarah Paulson In Talks For “Ocean’s Eight”

By Garth Franklin Thursday, August 25th 2016 3:38 pm

Following great success recently with “Carol” and an Emmy-nominated turn in “The People vs. OJ Simpson,” Sarah Paulson is in early talks to join the cast of the female-driven caper spinoff “Ocean’s Eight” at Warner Bros. Pictures.

If she signs, she will join the likes of Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Rihanna, Helena Bonham Carter, Mindy Kaling and Awkwafina in the Gary Ross-directed feature.

Bullock plays the ex-con sister of George Clooney’s Danny Ocean in a film in which she assembles a team of thieves to steal a necklace from the Met Ball in order to frame a duplicitous gallery owner. Blanchett plays her right-hand woman.

Ross wrote the script with Olivia Milch while Steven Soderbergh is slated to produce.

Source: Deadline

http://www.darkhorizons.com/kate-mara-would-return-for-fantastic-four-2/
    Kate Mara Would Return For “Fantastic Four 2”

By Garth Franklin Thursday, August 25th 2016 4:24 pm

A year on there’s little call for a sequel to Josh Trank’s problematic “Fantastic Four” reboot, despite those involved expressing an interest in continuing.

Following on from comments by actor Miles Teller a few months ago who expressed a willingness to return as Reed Richards, his-co-star Kate Mara says she’d welcome taking on the role of Sue Storm again in whatever form the franchise might go next. Speaking with IGN during promotion of “Morgan” this week, Mara said:

“Oh yeah, I’d love to be a part of a Fantastic Four sequel or whatever they may or may not have in store for us, and I know all the guys feel the same way. We loved working with each other and we would love to actually play these characters in another way, somehow, in the future. I have no idea if that’s actually true, if that will happen, but I’d be really happy to do it.”

The cast was one of the few things about the film that was praised in critical reviews, though the chances of it happening seem slim.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited August 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Beauty and the beast pics

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/beauty-and-the-beast/43280/beauty-and-the-beast-first-look-at-live-action-lumiere-and-cogsworth

First looks at Lumiere and Cogsworth.

Cqs3h-ZWYAED7rg.jpg

The dance number for Gaston and Le Fou

CqxuN2OW8AADTaH.jpg:large

04b0f3eb25d09a13.jpg

66a5cb878bfb1fc9.jpg

[/QUOTE]
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    September 2016 preview:

CrIe2OQXEAADAq1.jpg
    14191937_1223062671079834_5567038142498017175_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=ae8a48426579c398b4932153d6fbaa0d&oe=585A8A72

2017 release...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll be there day one. I can't stand 3D, but if it's the only way I can catch this classic in theaters, so be it.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'll be there day one. I can't stand 3D, but if it's the only way I can catch this classic in theaters, so be it.
    I watched it at the cinema first time round, was a ground breaking film at the time. I will definitely go to watch it again, not a fan of 3D either though it's T2.

I watched it at the cinema first time round, was a ground breaking film at the time. I will definitely go to watch it again, not a fan of 3D either though it's T2.

I was busy being less than two months old, or I absolutely would've been there.

I saw it the first time around as well. Twice.
    Skipping 3D.

I was busy being less than two months old, or I absolutely would've been there.

Hmm... Okay, I guess your excuse is acceptable. That's a busy time indeed.

What's the "Gold" movie about? Is there a trailer?

T2 3D? hmm... did anyone watch the star wars episode 1 in 3D? Was the 3D actually good? I very very rarely see a movie in 3D and leave the theater thinking "yes, the 3D was really needed" so...I have my doubts for a 90s movie actually having great 3D effects..
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I assume "Gold" has something to do with a search for treasure, just going from the vista in the poster.
    The plot summary on imdb.com doesn´t offer much, but the cast could prove to be interesting if kinda commercially fashionable.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He made another film a while back called 'Fool's Gold' and that threw me when I saw the title.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    dragonsky wrote: »

T2 3D? hmm... did anyone watch the star wars episode 1 in 3D? Was the 3D actually good? I very very rarely see a movie in 3D and leave the theater thinking "yes, the 3D was really needed" so...I have my doubts for a 90s movie actually having great 3D effects..

I took my son to see SW1 in 3d. It was crap. No wonder no more efforts were made. Judging from the trailers however, Rogue One looks like it has excellent 3d effects.
    These guys are looking better!

power-rangers-movie-header-197573.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Still bad, I gotta say. :-S
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 2,081

ninth_life_of_louis_drax_ver2.jpg

636081964701953703-073-ShutIn-KA-R1-CW-C06-W1-REVISED-W20v3-FIN-1-.jpg
    That trailer for 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' unfortunately seems to give away the twist/ending.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Mr White as King Haakon VII of Norway. Click on wheel for subtitles.

Loving

Moonlight
    CrjRDbzVMAAz3m-.jpg
    edited September 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Collateral Beauty

Will smith, Ed Norton, Kate Winslet, Keira Knightly, Michael Pena, Naomi Harris and Helen Mirren

edited September 2016 Posts: 15,696
    Rama and Hammer Girl in a new action movie together? Say no more.
    First trailer for the new 'Underworld':

edited September 2016 Posts: 11,139

Fuck yes!!

Meek%20Mill%20and%20Fabolus%20-%20All%20The%20Way%20Up.gif
    First trailer for the new 'Underworld':

Looks like Villiers is feeling a lot less queasy these days.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Now what the hell was that?! Damn!! :D