Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Mummy Impossible looks pretty good, that's what I like about Tom's films guaranteed good stunts. Tom seems to defy age, I think he looks younger than he did two years ago
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    He does give it his all; from what I understand he actually died for this film then willed himself back to life. Impossible? Not for Tom. ;)
  • That would not surprise me ;)) Tom is a Legend I think I have bought almost every post MI:1 film he has done, the most consistent main stream action star out there.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Wow, according to this article, the falling plane interiors were shot, in part, on the famous "Vomit Comet"

http://screenrant.com/the-mummy-trailer-footage-event-kurtzman/
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Now this trailer Looks very good. Um, so I hope they can adequately explain him surviving the plane crash.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    This 'Mission Impossible' style trailer for 'The Mummy' looks fantastic. Tom Cruise really is a vampire or something, he looks younger here than he did in 'Rogue Nation'.

In other news: the first trailer for Transformers 5: The Last Knight will be released today.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Mummy was very bad. This looks a lot better than the previous installments.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Looks like Mission:Impossible Mummy Edition, but I'll take it!

I didn't realize this was a new extended trailer. Looks freaking FANTASTIC!

Tom's on fire these days. Once again, he's demonstrated his expertise in the casting section as well. I have no idea who Annabelle Wallis is, but from what I can see here, she's a damn good choice.
  • I recognise Annabelle Wallis she is the attractive girl in the bar with different coloured eyes in Xmen First Class, the girl Charles attempts to chat up.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,694
    @bondjames, Cruise is showing no signs of stopping. He will start filming 'Mission Impossible 6' in 3/4 months, he has 'American Made', an action/thriller set in the 1980's (release date: Sept 2017), and he is already planning (with Doug Liman) a sequel to his sci-fi hit 'Edge of Tomorrow'. Mix all of that with 'Metuselah' (Cruise playing a 1000 years old guy who never ages, and has developped extensive survival skills) and 'Luna Park' (sci-fi heist film where Cruise leads a crew of criminals on a mission to steal precious minerals from the moon), and he is set for the next 4/5 years.
    @DaltonCraig007, I'm ready for all of those films on day one. He's really upped his game over the past few years, probably realizing that he's got limited time to play the action hero. Having said that, like you said, he looks younger in Mummy than he did in MI-RN. I hope he keeps going for years to come, because there's really nobody else like him out there right now, in any age bracket. One of the last greats from the 80's/90's who's still going strong.

@fire_and_ice, I just googled Wallis and realize she had a bit part in a tv miniseries entitled Fleming about you know who. I hope to see more of her on the big screen soon.
  • @bondjames I have still not got round to watching Fleming, when I saw Dominic Cooper in the role I was put off. I should give it a go really
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I personally liked how rogue Dominic Cooper was. Take it as a period piece drama with romanticized view of Fleming's life rather than a downright biography. And I especially loved Lara Pulver in it. Then again, I love Lara Pulver in anything.
  • Lara Pulva was she in Sherlock? How many episodes are there of Fleming I'll give it a go.
    Lara Pulva was she in Sherlock? How many episodes are there of Fleming I'll give it a go.
    Yes, she plays Irene Adler in Sherlock's Series 2 and has a cameo appearance in Series 3. She plays Fleming's love interest and future wife in Fleming. It's a miniseries consisting of four episodes only.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Mix all of that with 'Metuselah' (Cruise playing a 1000 years old guy who never ages, and has developed extensive survival skills)

So it's a biopic of Tom's life, then.
    @bondjames I don't know if you've seen the pics of Tom Cruise in 'American Made' (his other 2017 film) that I posted a few months ago, so I'll show them again:

tom-cruise-mena-27may15-01.jpg
    tom-cruise-plane-crash-mena-32.jpg
    tom-cruise-plane-crash-mena-02.jpg
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I distinctly remember these photos @DaltonCraig007, and have been anxiously awaiting this film. Cruise is rocking those 70's colours as well as the boys from this year's The Nice Guys. I may pick up some of these expressive colours myself for the summer.

My dad used to wear trousers like the ones Tom is sporting above. The brand he used to go for was called Farah (not sure if they're still around). Just seeing these takes me back.
  • Lara Pulva was she in Sherlock? How many episodes are there of Fleming I'll give it a go.

Yes, she plays Irene Adler in Sherlock's Series 2 and has a cameo appearance in Series 3. She plays Fleming's love interest and future wife in Fleming. It's a miniseries consisting of four episodes only.

Mini series that's good I'll see if it's still on Sky, cheers and Pulva is good I agree potential Bond actress I think.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Fast and Furious 8 trailer coming December 11th
    Lara Pulva was she in Sherlock? How many episodes are there of Fleming I'll give it a go.

Mini series that's good I'll see if it's still on Sky, cheers and Pulva is good I agree potential Bond actress I think.
    I long to see her as a Bond Girl in the same vein as her Irene Adler role. It's her best role to date. :D

Sometimes she reminds me of Eva Green, a more domineering and distinguished Eva Green.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Fast and Furious 8 trailer coming December 11th
    Can't wait! :D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The photoshopping on Ben's face was way overdone. :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Class!
    Bond should have that kind of promo still!

I know Lazenby does, but someone, either Craig or the next fellow should be like that on the film poster.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Love the tag line. Nothing like a good tag line to draw you in.

I'll always remember the one for Total Recall (the good version with Arnie), the posters for which I saw all over the London Tube as a kid. "They Stole His Mind. Now He Wants It Back".

I'm there for Live By Night on opening night, even though it's not my favourite genre.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    ;)
    die-another-day-pierce-br-003.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    "Tell me, do you Photoshop? You will."
    Looks like the gene therapy worked. Gustav Graves wasn't the only one who modeled himself on JB.
    George Lazenby did it before it was cool. ;)

TCtzbwn.jpg