Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I expect bad news on the Assassin's Creed front. Maybe it's because I'm all fatigued with the games, but the movie does nothing for me. It also has horrid filtering instead of natural color, which don't even make it nice to look at.

The only plus is that the Animus looks better than what the games have, which is essentially just a glorified dentist's chair. The one in the film makes the tech feel like a VR set-up where you have to actually move your body to simulate movement as your ancestor.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A lot of movies these days have piss-poor filtering issues (looking at you, SP), but aside from that, the action and parkour looks pretty top notch, and I'm surprised they got such a cast for a video game adaptation. Hopefully the editing is competent; the clip I saw had awful editing in it, and I really hope it was chopped that way to turn it into a clip, and isn't the finished product.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    These last few days with new trailers have been really great. 2017 should be a very good year.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES looks magnificent. I went back and listened to the scores for the first two films to gear up for the excitement of the trailer and it certainly did not disappoint.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited December 2016 Posts: 45,489
    The new Apes films are a major approvement over the old ones, and I like that they all seem to have a unique identity.
    Haven't seen any of them since that awful Franco movie, so I'm sure I'll be passing on this one, as well.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The new Apes films are a major approvement over the old ones, and I like that they all seem to have a unique identity.

I agree. I liked the first film but the second was a major step up. Hopefully the trend continues!
    I have only seen the first F&F film. I keep seeing people say that the series has evolved since, so I might look into picking up the other films.
    Better ignore the 2nd and 3rd ;-). Best start with the 5, 6 and 7 in that order.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I have only seen the first F&F film. I keep seeing people say that the series has evolved since, so I might look into picking up the other films.
    Better ignore the 2nd and 3rd ;-). Best start with the 5, 6 and 7 in that order.

So they didn't make a 4th film? ;)

So they didn't make a 4th film? ;)
    The 4th one isn´t bad, but not nearly as entertaining as 5, 6 and 7 ;-).

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @MajorDSmythe, I'd watch all the F&F films, because seeing 2 and 4 let you know the characters better and how they evolve, especially 4, which was a return to the original cast that we all know now with a greater depth added to their characterizations. #3 is Tokyo Drift, a film that actually takes place between the end of Fast 6 and the beginning of 7, so if you're going to watch them all chronologically don't view that one until after you've seen 6.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2016 Posts: 13,894
    I'll do that. It will be worth me revisiting the first film, as it has been well over 10 years since I watched it.
    If I want to watch a stupid car movie, I will watch Herbie any day.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Here is a rundown on upcoming action films, now that a ton of trailers have been released:

All these movies and more...awesome!

Excitement levels...getting a bit much...

faints-o.gif
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Cool Mummy stuff!

• talos7 wrote: »
    Cool Mummy stuff!

Looks good great shot of Tom being Launched by that wire in the forest

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I want a Bond film that feels and looks this big!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I don't want to be spoiled anymore by Mummy clips so despite great temptation to click on that link, I must avoid.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 6,432
    The more practical stunts the better in any action film, the Mummy does have scope looks cinematic.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames one of the most amazing things from this is that Tom Cruise is actually 2 years older than Russell Crowe.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Yes, I know @DaltonCraig007. I looked that up a few weeks back and couldn't believe it.
    Silence (2016) is getting some really great reviews. My hype grows!
    @doubleoego I don't know if you've heard, but a few days ago they screened about 40 minutes of footage from the new Wolverine film, and the reactions are that its a very deserving R-rated film, and that its a 'hyper violent' film.
    @doubleoego I don't know if you've heard, but a few days ago they screened about 40 minutes of footage from the new Wolverine film, and the reactions are that its a very deserving R-rated film, and that its a 'hyper violent' film.

This is the first I'm hearing of it. Thanks for the heads up!
    Hopefully with this being Jackman's last they'll go all out with a story that packs a punch and really delivers on the violence that's been suppressed for the last 16 years.
    Yes, let s have a gorefest.
    Wolverine can have as R a rating as it likes, it will still be a mainstream film and as such never be a gorefest :-(.
    As much as i love Tom Cruise and even though he's been on a roll of really enjoyable movies recently i do not like the look of The Mummy at all. It
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    As much as i love Tom Cruise and even though he's been on a roll of really enjoyable movies recently i do not like the look of The Mummy at all. It
    Having seen his latest Jack Reacher film, I wouldn´t say he´s been on a roll of really enjoyable movies.

cooperman2 wrote: »
    Having seen his latest Jack Reacher film, I wouldn´t say he´s been on a roll of really enjoyable movies.

I didn't think it was too shabby at all; was anticipating the worst thing ever after seeing some of those reviews, but for the most part, it was a lot darker and grittier than the first, which I really enjoyed.