Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

@bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

1st trailer for War of the Planet of the Apes:

Have to say i love these movies!!! :D
    I do agree Never Go Back was not a great movie, but with Ed Zwick directing i wasn't expecting it to be. The very definition of a vanilla director. But look at MI:4 ,MI:5, Edge of Tomorrow, Oblivion. All great adventure movies. But i must admit i really want to see Cruise doing some acting again. I would love to see him do more movies like Rain Man, Color of Money, Jerry Maguire amd Born on the Forth of July. All those great performances seem a long time ago now
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I fail to see how Never Go Back could be worse than the first Reacher film. It looked superior in every way, from what I saw. I'll have to check it out some time, but it's going to be mighty low on the list.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    I do agree Never Go Back was not a great movie, but with Ed Zwick directing i wasn't expecting it to be. The very definition of a vanilla director. But look at MI:4 ,MI:5, Edge of Tomorrow, Oblivion. All great adventure movies. But i must admit i really want to see Cruise doing some acting again. I would love to see him do more movies like Rain Man, Color of Money, Jerry Maguire amd Born on the Forth of July. All those great performances seem a long time ago now

I like Ed Zwick. In fact I didn't think he made a bad film until after Blood Diamond which means at least half of his filmography is pretty good.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    cooperman2 wrote: »

That's just a shift in Tom's film interests, it would seem. The last drama he worked on was 'Lions for Lambs,' which was trashed both critically and at the box office, so I can't blame him for sticking to action flicks that rake in money most of the time.
    The first trailer for FAST 8 is here and it's as ridiculous as expected.

I fail to see how Never Go Back could be worse than the first Reacher film. It looked superior in every way, from what I saw. I'll have to check it out some time, but it's going to be mighty low on the list.
    From the first Jack Reacher film I at least remember a cool western shootout in a quarry. From Never Go Back all I remember is that it got boring pretty soon. To be fair, it´s got a nice family angle, however any background of the Jack Reacher character is hardly present in this film, thus taking all the emotional impact off the family idea.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The first trailer for FAST 8 is here and it's as ridiculous as expected.

Hahaha gloriously ridiculous. That trailer was bananas!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    That looks seriously over the top fun ! =D>
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I am there day one for 'Fast 8', looks absolutely entertaining and crazy.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Fast 8 looks bonkers. I think they showed way, way too much, and the plot seems impossible with
    Dom somehow turning on everyone
    , but Christ does it look nuts.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I'm betting that Toretto is
    undercover to kill Charlize Theron's character/organization from the inside, without involving his family/crew with him. I really do not think he would seriously become a baddie in the 8th (!) outing.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I'm betting that Toretto is
    undercover to kill Charlize Theron's character/organization from the inside, without involving his family/crew with him. I really do not think he would seriously become a baddie in the 8th (!) outing.

It's hard to say.
    At times he seems to really be trying his best to straight up murder folks. I hope you're right and it's a cloak and dagger mission that he can't tell the others about, and not anything too sci-fi like mind control or anything of the like. And Helen Mirren is supposed to fit into this somehow too.

Man, I wish Paul was around for this one.
    Opdomus prime

Czaa1YtVIAAf-SP.jpg
    It looks like Dom is taking Brian's retirement a bit too hard.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    F and F looks as dumb as always.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    You don't like mindless action. We get it. ;)
    @bondjames @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 They just announced the nominations for the Golden Globes. Andrew Garfield's got one for Best Actor (Hacksaw Ridge) and Mel Gibson (!!) was nominated for Best Director for the same film. My week is already complete (and I have yet to see Rogue One, will do so in 2 days).
    I was far more shocked at all the nominations Deadpool got. Truly shocking, but the Globes are always the more open-minded and fun awards show in comparison to the crotchety Oscars, so that may explain it. Of course, Fury Road's massive Oscar's takeover last year wasn't anything to sneeze at either, so I must give credit where credit is due.
    Looking forward to it!
    Wow! Hopefully we get a new Dunkirk trailer soon.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    'From the Director of The Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception and Interstellar'. One can't get any better marketing than that imho. I'm totally pumped for Dunkirk.

Not too keen on the FF8 trailer to be honest. There's a bit of DAD in some of the snow scenes. I'm sure I'll see it, but I wasn't all that impressed with 7.

Great to hear about the Golden Globe nominations for Hacksaw Ridge and particularly Mel Gibson @DaltonCraig007. Hopefully this marks his return to the Hollywood mainstream.
    I don't know how can anyone not like the Furious 8 trailer. It looks outstanding.
    I'm pretty excited for Dunkirk as well. Nolan is up there among my favorite filmmakers, and I'm optimistic this one will end up being one of my favorites from him yet!
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Wow! Hopefully we get a new Dunkirk trailer soon.

Full trailer expected this week.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I don't know how can anyone not like the Furious 8 trailer. It looks outstanding.
    Agreed. Pure popcorn fun.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Agreed. Pure popcorn fun.
    (Channeling Chandler) Yaha!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'll of course watch FF8 on account of Charlize, but my issue with the last one in particular was the overuse of obvious (and terribly poor) CGI. Somewhat like the building collapse in SP's pretitles, it just took me out of the whole thing. The new trailer seems to suggest that they will double down on this approach. So again, Charlize means I'm in, but somewhat reluctantly.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You don't like mindless action. We get it. ;)

And you all do. I get that as well.