Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Can we stop having 10 second trailers for trailers that come out the next day? Just release the damn trailer. I hate this new trend so much.

For my next post I'll... *rest of post to be released tomorrow.* X(
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The Founder looks excellent. My kind of film. I can't wait for the Babewatch trailer tomorrow.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Alexandre Daddario and Ilfenesh Hadera are the only reasons why I'm remotely interested in this baywatch movie.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    And Priyanka Chopra... I know her comments about Bond are idiotic, and that's putting it kindly, but I love her regardless...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    So many movies we don t need.

Baywatch your mouth!
    Who dosen't need boobs?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2016 Posts: 15,694
    jake24 wrote: »
    It´s not written out of it, it was never in it, for obvious reasons.

jake24 wrote: »
    Clearing his schedule for Bond, no doubt.
    Before Arrival I would have welcomed such a thought. After, I´ll reserve my wishes until I´ve seen BR2.

Outstanding @DaltonCraig007. The photo of all the babes running in slo-mo brings back so many memories from my youth.

"If you want me, you can have me"! I hope he took her up on that later.
    Daaaaayum! I'm watching this on day one!!! I might even sneak in a few beers to the cinema with a few of my friends!
    Haha! Glad to see baywatch isn't taking itself so seriously. Like most guys I'm only watching it for the babes for which there are plenty ;)
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Haha! Glad to see baywatch isn't taking itself so seriously. Like most guys I'm only watching it for the babes for which there are plenty ;)
    Respect! :D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Lots of babes.. And Dwayne Johnson being his typical cool-as-ice badass self. Between this and 'Fast 8' (can't wait for the trailer this sunday), Dwayne Johnson is having the time of his life, and I sure am enjoying seeing him light up the screen. The new 'Jumanji' looks like a big dose of fun too, judging from the stills they released recently.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2016 Posts: 4,460
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/damian-lewis-is-the-villain-of-oceans-eight/
    Damian Lewis Is The Villain Of “Ocean’s Eight”
    By
    Garth Franklin
    Tuesday, December 6th 2016 4:08 pm

Damian Lewis (“Homeland”) has scored the role of the villain in the currently in production “Ocean’s Eight,” the all-female “Ocean’s Eleven” spinoff starring Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett and Anne Hathaway.

Bullock’s character plays the leader of a group of cons who try to pull off a major heist during the Met Gala.
    Lewis will play Bullock’s ex-lover and the target of the robbery.

Rihanna, Helena Bonham Carter, Mindy Kaling, Awkwafina, and Sarah Paulson co-star in the Gary Ross-directed film which is set to premiere on June 8th 2018. Ross and Olivia Milch penned the script while Steven Soderbergh will produce.

Source: Variety
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I'm still not too keen on this whole female Oceans thing, but Damian Lewis is certainly a step in the right direction. Great actor, and I'm sure he'll do the role justice. It's rather interesting that the 'villain' of the piece is a man. Coincidence? I think not.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'll stick with the original (and still best) 1960 film.
    I'll stick with the original (and still best) 1960 film.
    I still haven't watched that one. I've been meaning to get to it for some time.
    It's part of the remake film that became a trilogy. I like both the original and the remake (along with its two sequels). Let's see how is this spin-off set in to fare.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2016 Posts: 4,460
    Dutch Boxoffice update:

A couple of weaks a go Jungle Book is beaten by Bridget Jones's Baby aka Bridget Jones 3. Ice Age 5 isn't the flop as it goin to look like earlier, $3,4 million. Trolls deliever more money, but mabey also a bit disapointed inspecialy with in mind that the movie having fames song.

X-Men: Apocalypse (Les then 2,4 million) and Independence Day: Resurgence (Les then 2,5 million) underperform much more and that is not everything, starting with X-Men: Apocalypse and Kung Fu Panda 3 (3 million) there no longer giving 3D releases a slipcover.

The Divergent Series: Allegiant, Alice Through the Looking Glass and Jack Reacher 2 you can consider as flops of the year with les then $ 2 million.

But flops are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Out of the Shadows, The Lady in the Van, The Brothers Grimsby who all three doing les then $600.000. And it can be even worse, because Michael Bay 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi did les then $ 200.000 and it not make it easier the BD is only released as 1 disc without the Bonus disc. Shame there at those features not on dvd if that have bean cheaper. Our Kind of Traitor did $160.000.

Top 12:

Other way around moost suprise is Deadpool (10th place) with more then $ 5,4 million and The Revenant (5th place) with $ 7,4 million (, this make it mabey less of problem for Fox that Ice Age 5 not be hit there mabey expect. Also Sony can be very happy that in a lot of other country's a flop ''Inferno'' also did around $ 5,4 million (11th place). Universal can be happy with Jason Bourne who did $ 5,5 million (9th place), but Bridget Jones 3 is the moost succesfol for them with more then $ 11 million (and number 1 movie of the year 2016) and stil counting. With more then $ 10 million Junle Book is second best movie of 2016. The 3th place also go to Disney with Finding Dory with $ 9,9 million, the 4th place to The Secret Life of Pets with $ 8,6 million (Universal again..) Then 6th is on this moment but soon 7th place is Suicide Squad (Warner). Another suprise who did $ 6,2 million. But soon wil be beaten by that other Warner movie Fantastic Beasts ($ 5,9 million on the moment). Zootopia stay at 8 with $ 5,8. The 12 place is for The Legend of Tarzan with 4,6 million.
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

1st trailer for War of the Planet of the Apes:

This looks absolutely fabulous. Michael Giacchino is on scoring duties again (not sure if he did this trailer, but it sounds great). The special effects in these ape movies keep getting better. They are incredibly lifelike these days, and I'm pretty certain will be better than what's in the Kong: Skull Island entry. There are aspects of this trailer than remind me of Arnie's 1987 Predator release. Woody looks good too.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm still not too keen on this whole female Oceans thing, but Damian Lewis is certainly a step in the right direction. Great actor, and I'm sure he'll do the role justice. It's rather interesting that the 'villain' of the piece is a man. Coincidence? I think not.

I can't wait for all the groan-inducing and desperate gender jokes that will no doubt come, a la Ghostbusters. "They've got penises, we've got vaginas, but we can do things just as good as they can."

Instead of drawing attention to their female cast, maybe these filmmakers should just make a good goddamn movie like Fury Road. Of course George Miller has more talent in the nail of his pinkie finger than these lot ever could possess, so I guess I'm asking too much.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Apes looks grear as usual. I will be there.
    Wow that apes trailer is fantastic. I'm so hyped for this film.
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

1st trailer for Ridley Scott's Alien: Covenant to be released in 12 days.

1st footage of Fast & Furious 8 ahead of the full trailer on monday:

I've blown hot and cold with these FF films over the years and it will be interesting to see how this one plays out without Walker. Charlize Theron is one hell of an incentive with this entry.

3rd and final trailer for Assassin's Creed, with plenty of footage of Brendan Gleeson, Michael K Williams, Charlotte Rampling and Jeremy Irons.

12 to go until this baby is released, I am there day one.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have only seen the first F&F film. I keep seeing people say that the series has evolved since, so I might look into picking up the other films.

So Charlotte Rampling is in Assassin's Creed. I was starting to think that her involvement was an IMDB error. The film looks like it will be an exception to the rule of videogame to film adaptions usually being sh*tty.