Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2016 Posts: 13,904
    The only manufactured DVD of it that I recall seeing, is I think, a Korean release. I only have a copy of it, because mine is a DVDr. It was only a tv movie, so don't expect too much. This new film, given that it has attracted someone of the calibre of Chastain, will no doubt, be on a much bigger scale.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ghost in the shell trailer

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    This looks quite good, thanks @doubleoego!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Agreed. Day by day I'm loving ScarJo even more!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    So we have Scarlett in Japan, and Matt Damon in China ('The Great Wall') coming a few weeks apart. Very excited for this!
  • Cautiously optimistic about Ghost in the Shell. It's one of my favorite animes and of course there are so many ways this live-action adapt could go wrong. First thoughts from the trailer: Scarlett looks great as the major, but I'm concerned about how her performance will hold up. The world looks amazing, which comes as no surprise as the director did stunning work with the world of Snow White and the Huntsman. I like that a number of shots from the trailer mirror the original pretty closely. Not much revealed about the actual story, which I'm guessing will probably be two thirds lifted from the original, one third completely out of left field WTF as these adaptations/remakes usually are. And Michael Wincott at 0:31 I presume?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    So we have Scarlett in Japan, and Matt Damon in China ('The Great Wall') coming a few weeks apart. Very excited for this!

I look forward to reading negative reviews for both about white-washing!
  • Ghost in the Shell Looks good, big fan of the Anime
    edited November 2016 Posts: 11,139
    New Beauty and the beast trailer

New Patriots' day trailer

edited November 2016 Posts: 15,694
    Patriots Day looks very good. After 'Lone Survivor' and 'Deepwater Horizon', I will watch anything from Peter Berg + Mark Wahlberg collaborations. Similar to Jaume Collet-Serra + Liam Neeson collaborations.
  • So crazy that it just might have worked: John Cena as Gaston!!

I'm picturing it and laughing =))
    So crazy that it just might have worked: John Cena as Gaston!!

I'm picturing it and laughing =))
    How can you picture it when you can't see him? ;)
  • Ha! I walked right into that one
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

After recent films about motorsports, like 'Senna' and 'Rush', the latest offering in this genre will be a racing drama about the famous Isle of Man race.

The other major thing about this movie, is it will be the big-screen reunion (finally) of Jason Bourne and Taken, as Matt Damon and Liam Neeson are going to be the main actors.
    Damn! Can't wait! :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

After recent films about motorsports, like 'Senna' and 'Rush', the latest offering in this genre will be a racing drama about the famous Isle of Man race.

The other major thing about this movie, is it will be the big-screen reunion (finally) of Jason Bourne and Taken, as Matt Damon and Liam Neeson are going to be the main actors.

Wow, that sounds awesome. My dad is a big racing fan, and is super interested in the Isle of Man competitions. This would be right up his alley.
    Sounds awesome for sure. Is it a 2017 release?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I can't wait for Isle of Man @DaltonCraig007. Damon and Neeson never let us fans down, so it will be worth the wait, that's for sure.
    Does anyone know about the famous English comics titled ACCIDENT MAN?

@doubleoego might be familiar with it, so I'll spit out the news anyway...

Scott Adkins signed up to star as Mike Fallon, the Accident Man in a film adaptation of the comics, alongside Ashley Greene as Charlie, a rival assassin.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Accident Man but after doing a bit of light research, it sounds interesting.
    I've got all the three parts digitally after its 20 year celebration. Three separate stories, but personally I'm impressed with the latter two.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Kong!

The trailer was great and gripping until John C. Reilly showed up.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    doubleoego wrote: »

Yeah, he is catching a lot of flack on various sites; Obviously he is the "comic relief" I don't think it serves the trailer well.

Kong looks amazing! I'm a huge fan of the disaster and monster genre, so this is a day one viewing for me. I hope the spider scene can surpass the Insect Pit scene in the 2005 film.
    talos7 wrote: »

Yeah, he is catching a lot of flack on various sites; Obviously he is the "comic relief" I don't think it serves the trailer well.

Agreed. The CR made the trailer tonally uneven and I'm hoping the film itself doesn't suffer for it.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 15,694
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

A trailer for Martin Scorsese's Silence, his new film featuring Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver and Liam Neeson, has been approved by rating agencies, so it should be released very shortly. The film itself is coming on December 23rd 2016.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Agreed. The CR made the trailer tonally uneven and I'm hoping the film itself doesn't suffer for it.

He looks like he wandered on to the set after being on the beer for a few days.
    I'm not a fan of historical period dramas generally @DaltonCraig007, but I'll make an exception for Silence due to quality of the cast and director.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

I almost changed my mind and wanted to see this. Then he showed up. Looks like crap, aimed at teenage boys.