Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @ClarkDevlin @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Dan Stevens is in negotiations to be the main actor in Gareth Evans' (The Raid, The Raid 2) new film, Apostle.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @DaltonCraig007, I hear Stevens' name more and more each day, but I've never seen him in anything. Hopefully Evans gives him some great action to get stuck in the middle of, if he ends up being selected.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 I can only recommend you 'The Guest'. Stevens is quite the badass in that one. Way below the level of such films as 'Taken', but a worthy addition to the ever growing list of fun revenge flicks of the past 8 years.

edited November 2016 Posts: 15,696
    @ClarkDevlin @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @MajorDSmythe

After Gerard Butler will stop a world-wide superstorm (and save the US President in the process, because Gerard Butler) in Geostorm... It's now up to Samuel L Jackson and Travis Fimmel to save the world in the upcoming film Inversion. The plot: 'The Earth gradually loses her gravity. A Chinese scientist and an american street-man will try to stop the chaos.'
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    At this point Gerard Butler might as well apply to be a Secret Service agent, as he's got more than enough training to protect the Commander in Chief in any scenario. These films will just keep getting made until the only place left for them to go will be space, where Bulter will play a secret service agent protecting the president and his staff as the shuttle they're on is accidentally launched into space by enemies on board, who seek to kill them all, for some random reason.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, I'm a huge Travis Fimmel fan as evidenced by my avatar. Definitely going to be watching it.
    @doubleoego what do you think of Dan Stevens as the lead in the new Gareth Evans film?
    I'm happy. I like Stevens. He's solid. He was great in the guest and his profile is rising, especially with the new live action beauty and the beast. If Evans can get a solid performance out of him and can deliver on the action then please please please, EoN need to do all they can to get Evans to direct the next Bond film.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I like Stevens too. I've only seen him in Downton Abbey and he was solid there. Suave but a bit of a lightweight though. I have to get a copy of The Guest and check it out. I look forward to seeing him in Apostle as well.
    @bondjames If you need a simple 4 minutes example of Stevens as an action star:

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That was intense @DaltonCraig007. It seemed to come right out of the 80's, with the Miami Vice style synth music.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Missed too many things on this thread while I was asleep. All too satisfying reports. Thanks, @DaltonCraig007.
    @ClarkDevlin @bondjames @doubleoego @BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Sylvester Stallone has joined the upcoming heist/thriller film Idol's Eye from french director Olivier Assayas (who did the 'Carlos' miniseries a few years ago).
    Ace! :D
    Ace! :D

Some bad news... 'Jumanji' is postponed until December 2017, The Dark Tower to July 2017, Equalizer 2 to September 2018 and Baby Driver to August 2017.
    Ah well... If they can get them properly marketed, it's set for a better purpose, I suppose.

Some bad news... 'Jumanji' is postponed until December 2017, The Dark Tower to July 2017, Equalizer 2 to September 2018 and Baby Driver to August 2017.

Hopefully the delay makes for better results.
    I thought these were cool, so I wanted to share them here, since this is basically our forum's movie thread:
    http://uk.onlinenigeria.com/news/51094-hollywood-pulped-classic-movies-are-reinvented-in-the-style-of-early-books-and-magazines.html
    I thought these were cool, so I wanted to share them here, since this is basically our forum's movie thread:
    http://uk.onlinenigeria.com/news/51094-hollywood-pulped-classic-movies-are-reinvented-in-the-style-of-early-books-and-magazines.html
    Cool stuff, thanks for sharing, @0Brady.

I´m impressed by the Trainspotting 2 trailer :-).

@doubleoego @bondjames @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

First image of Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill:

darkest-hour-gary-oldman-winston-churchill.jpg
    Nice! This is the British answer to Spielberg's Lincoln.
    Holy shit! The makeup and what have you is phenomenal. Oldman has completely transformed but then again this is the same guy who was dracula but still, he's the spitting image of Churchill.
    @doubleoego @bondjames @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

First trailer for the action film Renegades, written and produced by Luc Besson!

^^Not sure what to make of it but it looks like it could be fun.

100 streets trailer starring Idris Elba and Gemma Arterton

• edited November 2016 Posts: 5,767
    At least noone can complain about the 100 Streets trailer to spoil anything. I have no clue whatsoever what the film is supposed to be about.

But I can´t help but get the impression that Renegades is going to be a lot of fun, hopefully not so simple that it falls flat.
    First trailer for the action film Renegades, written and produced by Luc Besson!

The A-Team on steroids! Love it! :D
    @daltoncraig, get ready to have your mind blown...

Tony Jaa, Iko Uwais, Tiger Chen are Chad Stahelski's Triple Threat

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ahelski-944454

The Asian action stars will topline the new film from 'John Wick' director Chad Stahelski.

Three of Asia's hottest action stars: Tony Jaa (Ong Bak), Tiger Chen (Man of Taichi) and Iko Uwais (The Raid) are teaming up for Triple Threat, a new feature from John Wick director Chad Stahelski.

Arclight Films have boarded world sales on the project and is introducing it to buyers for the first time at AFM.

Dwayne Smith wrote the screenplay for the film, which revolves around a Chinese martial artist who goes to Mexico to rescue his ex-wife and their son after they are kidnapped by a drug cartel.

Triple Threat is being produced by Kungfuman Culture Media and Hamilton Entertainment. Ying Ye, managing director of Arclight's Asian cinema division Easternlight, is producing alongside Chen Sylen Hwa, Sheldon Pang, He Shi and Gary Hamilton.