Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2016 Posts: 15,696
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007. I am really looking forward to The Founder. I saw a trailer many months back and was wondering what happened with it. Seems to have been delayed for a while. Ray Kroc is a business legend, and I'm sure Keaton will do him justice.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames I think they delayed it for a more Oscar-friendly release date.
    I'm also looking forward to The Founder. I really enjoy Michael Keaton's acting, and I'm sure I will again here. Maybe he can finally end up with the Oscar trophy this time?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    xXx return if Xander Cage trailer

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Fun to see the Omega watch is back in Triple X. :))
    edited November 2016 Posts: 11,139
    First look at the Beast from the upcoming live action beauty and the beast:

14956450_10154768565484701_6631364691349814128_n.jpg

CwRP7E3XEAA9WGc.jpgCwRP7E3WgAA3EOY.jpgCwRP7E2WAAAdJxN.jpgCwRP7E5W8AAFDVM.jpgCwRQ0WJWYAAWhl4.jpgCwRQ0WCWcAEpfA1.jpg

Looks like it's going to he another Billion dollar hit for Disney.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Emma Watson is about the most perfect casting for Belle you could hope for.
    There's something incredibly reminiscent of DAD about that XXX trailer. Bad cgi, even worse jokes, and that 'fast zoom' filming that Tamahori employed. I'll still check it out of course, for Xander.
    @bondjames @DarthDimi @doubleoego @ClarkDevlin

Gareth Evans, director of the two 'The Raid' films, is back! He has finally announced his next project, 'Apostle'. The plot: “a mysterious man who travels to a remote island in search of his missing sister. In the film, the man attempts to rescue his sister after she’s kidnapped by a religious cult, which is demanding a ransom for her return. But it soon becomes clear that the cult will regret the day it baited this man, who digs deeper and deeper into the secrets and lies upon which the commune is built.” Filming starts in March 2017.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Can't wait!

Gareth Evans, director of the two 'The Raid' films, is back! He has finally announced his next project, 'Apostle'. The plot: “a mysterious man who travels to a remote island in search of his missing sister. In the film, the man attempts to rescue his sister after she’s kidnapped by a religious cult, which is demanding a ransom for her return. But it soon becomes clear that the cult will regret the day it baited this man, who digs deeper and deeper into the secrets and lies upon which the commune is built.” Filming starts in March 2017.

Ha! I can already see the visceral beatdowns.
    doubleoego wrote: »

Ha! I can already see the visceral beatdowns.

I like the idea of one man on a lone island, fighting his way through it. Very mysterious sounding.
    Chaps, one little request... Please, whenever quoting the poster, do remove the tags so the respective mentionables won't be misled by the notification. Thank you. :)
    edited November 2016 Posts: 15,696
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin

First official pics of the upcoming action/spy/thriller ''American Assassin:

american-assassin-dylan-obrien-michael-keaton.jpg

american-assassin-michael-keaton.jpg

The plot: The film follows the rise of Mitch Rapp (Dylan O’Brien) a CIA black ops recruit under the instruction of Cold War veteran Stan Hurley (Michael Keaton). The pair is then enlisted by CIA Deputy Director Irene Kennedy (Sanaa Lathan) to investigate a wave of apparently random attacks on both military and civilian targets. Together the three discover a pattern in the violence leading them to a joint mission with a lethal Turkish agent (Shiva Negar) to stop a mysterious operative (Taylor Kitsch) intent on starting a World War in the Middle East.
    Looks dope! Looking forward to it!

Man, too many films to catch up with! :D
    @ClarkDevlin @bondjames @doubleoego @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Full trailer for 'T2: Trainspotting 2 (2017)'. One of the coolest trailers I've seen in a long time.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    So Begbie has mellowed with age? ;)

6HxyODM.gif
    @MajorDSmythe I don't know about you, but I find that Carlyle being like this at 50+ years old is even more awesome than when he was in his 30's.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    More surprising, that that Carlyle isn't all that imposing. He isn't tall, nor does he have a burly build. Yet, he is able to give a performance like Begbie.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Well this is surprising:

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/the-girl-in-the-spider-s-web/45039/the-girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-sequel-targets-new-director

I know the Dragon Tattoo books well, but the plot for the sequel is said to follow the new book that was written after the original author Mr. Larsson passed away, which I am unfamiliar with.

Who knows what this means for Daniel Craig's involvement.
    Wasn't Lisbeth Salandar recast sometime ago?
    @ClarkDevlin, you may be confusing the two versions. A trilogy of Swedish films with Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth came out before the American handled version of Dragon Tattoo, starring Rooney Mara.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Lisbeth is reportedly Alicia Vikander going forward, at least from what I read a while back somewhere.
    @ClarkDevlin, you may be confusing the two versions. A trilogy of Swedish films with Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth came out before the American handled version of Dragon Tattoo, starring Rooney Mara.
    Not really, mate. Just checked out the article. It makes the same claim...

Apparently, Alicia Vikander is set to replace Rooney Mara.

I've seen the Swedish trilogy with Noomi and Michael Nyqvist.
    Both American Assassin and Trainspotting 2 look great. Michael Keaton looks like he's on a roll. I just hope they don't send it to straight to cable/video because the premise and title may offend the politically correct out there.
    The article I linked mentions nothing of Vikander, only Mara.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 15,423
    The article I linked mentions nothing of Vikander, only Mara.
    There's a video down there in the article. Scroll down.

Or it must be an old one...

I did recall correctly earlier that I've read somewhere Rooney was to be replaced:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/dragon-tattoo-sequel-spiders-web/
    doubleoego wrote: »
    xXx return if Xander Cage trailer

Well that doesn't look too OTT! :))