Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

talos7 wrote: »
    Kong!

Looks pretty impressive I must say. Makes a change Kong dying at the end of all his movies?!!!! :)) ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Doesn't look that bad... But, John C. Reilly's "comic relief" posture should be toned down...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A comic relief should be funny, not cringe inducing.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    John C. Reilly seems annoying, but I am there day 1 for Samuel L Jackson, Tom Hiddleston, Brie Larson and John Goodman.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I agree. The first trailer really promised us an adventurous but rather suspenseful tone for the film... Up until the second trailer came up and put John C. Reilly in it. Sorry, but that's an imbalance in the tonal composure.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 5,767
    I´m not sold at all for Ghost in the Shell, but that latest Kong Skull Island trailer does it for me.

doubleoego wrote: »
    The trailer was great and gripping until John C. Reilly showed up.

Yeah, he is catching a lot of flack on various sites; Obviously he is the "comic relief" I don't think it serves the trailer well.
    I disagree. He doesn´t disturb anything. That trailer managed to pull me in, even after the first teaser and trailer left me totally uninterested.

I agree. The first trailer really promised us an adventurous but rather suspenseful tone for the film... Up until the second trailer came up and put John C. Reilly in it. Sorry, but that's an imbalance in the tonal composure.
    There wasn´t much tone at all in the first trailer. It promised me a fancy and meaningless extravaganza. The second trailer looks like the film is worth seeing after all, though the main actors still seem to run on automatic.

Kong!

Looks cool, but it has me a bit confused. If this is a prequel, it doesn't exactly look like it's set prior to 1933. Looks fairly modern. That's if it's a prequel to the Jackson remake. Or is this Kong simply it's own entity not connected to any other version?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It's set in the continuity and universe of the recent Godzilla movie
    Ah. This Kong, compared to some of the others looks HUGE.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Ah. This Kong, compared to some of the others looks HUGE.

Godzilla vs King Kong is coming in 2020. Apparently setting this 40 years beforehand is some sort of way of showing Kong in his adolescence because he's still not big enough for the mighty Gojira.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,471
    Marc Forster is choosen by Disney to direct Live action movie of Winnie the Poo.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/forster-to-helm-live-action-winnie-the-pooh/
    Forster To Helm Live-Action “Winnie the Pooh”
    By Garth Franklin Friday, November 18th 2016 1:14 pm

“Quantum of Solace” and “Monsters Ball” helmer Marc Forster is set to direct “Christopher Robin,” a live-action adaptation of the classic cartoon “Winnie the Pooh” for Disney Pictures.

Alex Ross Perry is set to write the script which will follow Christopher Robin, the little boy from the celebrated A.A. Milne books, as an adult. The film’s blend of live-action and CG-animated elements is said to be akin to “Paddington”.

The film joins Disney’s slate of live-action adaptations of their classic toons in the works with “Beauty and the Beast,” “Aladdin,” “The Lion King,” “Mulan,” “Snow White,” “101 Dalmatians” and “The Little Mermaid” all getting the same treatment in the next few years.

Source: Variety

Finding Neverland was Marc Forsters version of Peter Pan who get middle rank of 9+ in The Netherlands and possible that movie be a reasen why there ask him. But that level wil be to difficult, but be possible to make Poo movie who get ALL rank. Those days that not happend and making it with 6+ in mind i think that already be to old. Whyle Paddington also wil be a bit for adults and get same rank of 9+ and animated Finding Dory should have got re-rated from 6 to 9+.

Rating of those movies be dificult, because ALL from then be 6+ from now. In 1994 Lion King get ALL rank. Like Jungle Book earlier. The Jungle Book from this year get first 9+ and later on be re-rated to 12. The Lion king should get 12+ from start, but mabey on the edge of 16+. The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and Aladdin are all three very dark and Live Action movies should that be too.
    When. The heck. Is the Silence. Trailer. COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Cxr9deUUcAE-Pmu.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I can't say I'm not enticed.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,471
    It be 6 years since the second movie in 2011, but in between we get Planes in 2013 and Planes 2 in 2014. I only have seen first one. Writer of this movie who also wrote the Monsters Inc movies passing a way this year. Directer is storyboard artist of first two movies and Ratatouille. There be some remours about Cars 3, but good to see it not going to be 2018.

The Incredibles 2 mabey earlier too ?

There is also 2 new trailers Of The Smurfs movie

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The animation looks amazing.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Does anyone know about the famous English comics titled ACCIDENT MAN?

@doubleoego might be familiar with it, so I'll spit out the news anyway...

Scott Adkins signed up to star as Mike Fallon, the Accident Man in a film adaptation of the comics, alongside Ashley Greene as Charlie, a rival assassin.

I loved it @ClarkDevlin

Accident Man was a strip in Toxic Magazine. A British adult fantasy publication from the mid nineties.

It mysteriously stopped publication after several issues suddenly never to be seen again.

Accident Man was a great strip which mixed action, black humour and satire.

Could be a cool film as long as they don't dilute the satire aspect of it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    @DaltonCraig007, I have a feeling from these few stills you've posted that Scorsese is gunning for his second Oscar, and Liam his first.
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

Official poster for Martin Scorsese's Silence:

Cx31sRoUcAARd5w.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The big question now is whether Garfield will win an award for Hacksaw Ridge or for Silence.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Looks like Neeson is taking a break from the action film genre with Silence. You can't blame him, he was a respected dramatic actor for a large portion of his career, and he has been making action thrillers for almost 10 years. Still, I think i'll add Silence to my wanted list.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'd love to see Neeson do more Irish films in the vein of Michael Collins where he plays a major figure in the history of the land.
    @bondjames @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @MajorDSmythe

Cx31sRoUcAARd5w.jpg

Merlin's beard!

This looks awesome.

Cx31sRoUcAARd5w.jpg

Oh my gosh I am so hyped. That is a flipping awesome poster. I will see this movie as soon as I can; also predicting it's this year's best picture winner.
    Silence trailer!

http://www.traileraddict.com/silence-2017/trailer

Looks incredible!
    I got to see it on the big screen went I saw Allied (2016)! It was a great night! Silence will surely be another masterpiece from Scorsese.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I'd love to see Neeson do more Irish films in the vein of Michael Collins where he plays a major figure in the history of the land.

Neeson's own personal favourite of his career, if I'm not mistaken. He was a bit old to play Collins at the time, but he still brought the character alive exactly how he was in real life. Wonderful film and brilliant performance.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Neeson's own personal favourite of his career, if I'm not mistaken. He was a bit old to play Collins at the time, but he still brought the character alive exactly how he was in real life. Wonderful film and brilliant performance.

That's nice to hear, and he did exude Collins' sensibilities, a man capable of making hard tough choices, but also a very charming, playful man. He's one of the greatest contemporary figures in world history, and to just study the role his people had in facing groups like the Black & Tans and how that shook a newly christened Irish republic is crazy to read about. It's also heartbreaking and tragic that the very men he came into a leadership role fighting beside were later the ones he was forced to face in armed conflict. He was put in an amazingly tough position, trying to get Ireland as much freedom as he could to get more later while working with the Brits and being labeled a traitor, or holding off until he could secure all of the land's freedom and risk losing the chance to get any of it; I personally respect his choice.

On my trip there this past spring we just missed our chance to go and visit Collins' grave (though we had the fortune to pay our respects at the graves of all the Uprising revolutionaries), but I will remedy that the next time I am there, as I hope there will be many trips to Ireland in my future, if not a residence. Your land has such a rich history, and is beautiful in its every facet. I've never felt more at home in a place that wasn't my home.