The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Someone was talking about me?
    Only heard ...has big dick...measuring contest...win....
    I usually do, yes :D

So in circa 24 hours we will have a winner? ...and a world that loses.
    Talking about the election now :P
    Maine doesn't have the Winner takes it all rule? What do they have then?
  • LordBrettSinclairLordBrettSinclair Greensleeves
    Mon Dieu...

Please be kinder to each other.
    No matter who wins this election, remind yourselves you have the luxury to vote at least.
    Even if it is for two choices that are not optimal.
    Also everybody should respect the other person's view.
    It is no crime to be for Trump, no matter what you think of him.
    According to the polls it seems more and more likely that Hillary will win both key states Florida and North Carolina now after FBI dropped their case on her. She doesn't need any of them in fact, but winning only one of them will basically wrap this up for good. I am increasingly more confident she will win now.
    Whatever happens - NOBODY will have a reason to celebrate. None at all. Whatever happens, we are screwed.

But one thing - this whole elections mirrors what is wrong with us people and with the system. These two candidates, each in their own way, are 100% an example of how a human being should NOT be. I do believe, that this will lead and already did to more people realising that and are more able to see through the curtain of make belief, corruption and inhumanity. What they see is - I do everything for the money and power. I lie, I kill, I terrorise, I scr** everybody, who is not able to fight back. I sincerely hope so, because then, all of this would have had a positive, much needed impactz after all.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I was bored.
    IhUOv7Sl.jpg
    The majority of the American public have every reason to celebrate if Clinton is elected. She is the one who will maintain a progressive policy with focus on strengthening the wellfare of the working class, limiting social divisions, taking the step towards a more environmentaly stable future.
    jobo wrote: »
    The majority of the American public have every reason to celebrate if Clinton is elected. She is the one who will maintain a progressive policy with focus on strengthening the wellfare of the working class, limiting social divisions, taking the step towards a more environmentaly stable future.

Keep on dreaming. But you will wake up soon enough. Sadly.

Nope, no reason to celebrate at all.
    After this election, we all have a reason to reflect on ourselves and the life surrounding us.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Since this has become a musical thread:

• edited November 2016 Posts: 7,502
    Germanlady wrote: »

Keep on dreaming. But you will wake up soon enough. Sadly.

Nope, no reason to celebrate at all.
    After this election, we all have a reason to reflect on ourselves and the life surrounding us.

I think you are the one dreaming. Of conspiracy theories...

Anyway, why do you suddenly act like if nothing is decided, like the final outcome is unknown? Not long ago you exposed "the truth" about how the Clintons have already commited a coup. Over the internet no less...
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 11,119
    The results so far, after 18 forummembers have casted their votes. Please keep voting :-). @LordBrettSinclair? @chrisisall?:

12 votes: HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON & Tim Kaine (Democratic Party: left of centre, mildly progressive)
    04 votes: DONALD JOHN TRUMP & Mike Pence (Republican Party: right wing, conservative to populist)
    00 votes: GARY EARL JOHNSON & Bill Weld (Libertarian Party: centrist, left on social issues, right on others)
    00 votes: JILL STEIN & Ajamu Baraka (Green Party: left wing and very progressive)
    00 votes: EVAN 'DAVID' MCMULLIN & Mindy Finn (Independent: centrist, left on social issues, right on others)
    00 votes: Option to WRITE-IN someone else
    02 votes: Option to ABSTAIN from voting

You see? Plenty of options to choose from :-). As long as people are willing to vote for ideas and issues instead of pictures and persons.

Clinton:
    @Agent007391
    @jobo
    @Murdock
    @4EverBonded
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    @SharkBait
    @echo
    @FoxRox
    @TripAces
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs
    @CraterGuns

Trump:
    @Jetsetwilly
    @Timmer
    @Germanlady
    @BondJames

Abstaining from voting:
    @BondJasonBond006
    @Dalton
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Personally if I was in the US - and although it would pain me to do so - I would abstain from voting as I believe both candidates are as bad as each other.

I think you are the one dreaming. Of conspiracy theories...

Anyway, why do you suddenly act like if nothing is decided, like the final outcome is unknown? Not long ago you exposed "the truth" about how the Clintons have already commited a coup. Over the internet no less...

What are you talking about? Right now, I talked about the direction, Clinton will take, which is really not hard to tell for anybody with half a brain.

And yes, conspiracy theories - most of them - sadly are pretty much facts. Proven facts in many cases. Why do they not change peoples opinion then? Because of people like you, who won't allow themselves to at least look into the matter, who just don't wanna believe, that anybody could be so mean. Your good right, but that doesn't make it disappear.

Clinton and Trump and all the others candidates around the world tell their people, what they wanna hear.
    But think of doctors for example. A young doctor, full of the wish to really do good, to make a change etc etc.
    Will he be able to do so? In most cases not, because the system wouldn't let him.
    So, even if Clinton was not evil and corrupt, she wouldn't be able to do a quarter of what she said she would. Everything that costs money instead of earning a fortune, is a dead duck from the start.
    That's the system. If you don't see it, you cannot change it. If you rather chase Pokemon, you can't change it. etc etc.
    It is possible even in the US to push forward progressive reforms against "the system", by that meaning the Republican majority in the senate and the conservative, reactionary stranglehold on American culture. History has shown that, and it is better to believe it is possible than to vote for a semi fascist candidate simply because he is not a politician.

The best possible outcome of this election is the possible collaps and hopeful reconstruction of the GOP. Their ridiculously conservative agenda has held the US back for decades.
    Listen to your John Allens speech, he did before Clintons. Its one single war declaration. THIS REALLY IS SCARY!

USA! USA! USA!
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 6,601
    USA! USA! USA!

Yeah! Ain't they da BEST!?

Sadly, its a bankrupt, laying flat on their faces country, that is making a lot of noise to cover that fact - mostly for their own people. I

Appalling yes. But what does it really have to do with this election? The military will remain the same regardless. And I don't why it would be somehow less scary with Trump as commander in chief.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 11,425
    According to the polls it seems more and more likely that Hillary will win both key states Florida and North Carolina now after FBI dropped their case on her. She doesn't need any of them in fact, but winning only one of them will basically wrap this up for good. I am increasingly more confident she will win now.

Hopefully US polling is better than UK polling, which has a track record of getting elections completely wrong.

The thing about Trump supporters is that he's the kind of candidate that some voters might feel embarrassed about openly endorsing or even admitting to supporting to a pollster. However, when in the privacy of the polling booth people can vote for what they really believe in.
    The FBI amaze me. Going through 650 000 e-mails in just 8 days is a feat to be applauded.
  • Okay, continue voting please.
    Comey was pressured to make a second announcement and wrap it up.
    Maybe the Reps will do the job once Hillary is elected via impeachment, I certainly hope so.
  • Germanlady wrote: »
    Clinton and Trump and all the others candidates around the world tell their people, what they wanna hear.
    But think of doctors for example. A young doctor, full of the wish to really do good, to make a change etc etc. Will he be able to do so? In most cases not, because the system wouldn't let him.

I think what we have here is a case of unrealistic expectations.

Your hypothetical young doctor will at least set a few broken bones, cure of few cases of the sniffles, and immunize several children against a variety of diseases. Perhaps he or she will deliver some babies or transplant some organs. In many cases, over a period of years, this doctor will have affected many people's lives in a positive fashion. And yet you are disappointed, because the vast politico-medical complex wouldn't allow the young doctor to cure cancer. I say the glass is half full, you curse it for not holding champagne. Cheers! <:-P
    The FBI amaze me. Going through 650 000 e-mails in just 8 days is a feat to be applauded.

649,995 were spam :-)

• The results so far, after 19 forummembers have casted their votes. Please keep voting :-). @LordBrettSinclair? @chrisisall? @Getafix? @patb?:

12 votes: HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON & Tim Kaine (Democratic Party: left of centre, mildly progressive)
    04 votes: DONALD JOHN TRUMP & Mike Pence (Republican Party: right wing, conservative to populist)
    00 votes: GARY EARL JOHNSON & Bill Weld (Libertarian Party: centrist, left on social issues, right on others)
    00 votes: JILL STEIN & Ajamu Baraka (Green Party: left wing and very progressive)
    00 votes: EVAN 'DAVID' MCMULLIN & Mindy Finn (Independent: centrist, left on social issues, right on others)
    00 votes: Option to WRITE-IN someone else
    03 votes: Option to ABSTAIN from voting

You see? Plenty of options to choose from :-). As long as people are willing to vote for ideas and issues instead of pictures and persons.

Clinton:
    @Agent007391
    @jobo
    @Murdock
    @4EverBonded
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    @SharkBait
    @echo
    @FoxRox
    @TripAces
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs
    @CraterGuns

Trump:
    @Jetsetwilly
    @Timmer
    @Germanlady
    @BondJames

Abstaining from voting:
    @BondJasonBond006
    @Dalton
    @stag
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    patb wrote: »

649,995 were spam :-)

Only 2 off compared to my spam.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 6,601
    But think of doctors for example. A young doctor, full of the wish to really do good, to make a change etc etc. Will he be able to do so? In most cases not, because the system wouldn't let him.

Your hypothetical young doctor will at least set a few broken bones, cure of few cases of the sniffles, and immunize several children against a variety of diseases. Perhaps he or she will deliver some babies or transplant some organs. In many cases, over a period of years, this doctor will have affected many people's lives in a positive fashion. And yet you are disappointed, because the vast politico-medical complex wouldn't allow the young doctor to cure cancer. I say the glass is half full, you curse it for not holding champagne. Cheers! <:-P

Sometimes, I don't know, what to answer to you, because your replies normally are only in small terms related to what I wanted to say or wrote. I was talking about promisses and reality of keeping them or rather being able to keep them. Like I said, even if Clinton wanted to do good - she would be torpedoed. So - don't bring out those - she will do this, she will do that (good things in your mihnd). Yes, she WILL do stuff, but nothing that would bring much blessing. Did you listen to that vid of John Allen. This is what she will bring upon us - all! Thank you very much.

How many promises was Obama able to keep?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Obama was railroaded by a Republican House and Senate. They would take his good and twist it to suit their desires, not the good of the country.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Comey was pressured to make a second announcement and wrap it up.
    Maybe the Reps will do the job once Hillary is elected via impeachment, I certainly hope so.

Impeachment is for high crimes and misdemeanors only.

I don't pretend to understand Swiss law so extend us the courtesy of not pretending to understand US law.
    Obama was railroaded by a Republican House and Senate. They would take his good and twist it to suit their desires, not the good of the country.

Exactly. What I was saying. Even IF there are good intentions - the money and power liga won't allow spending money on causes, that won't bring them fortunes.
This discussion has been closed.