The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »
    If Hillary wins, I'm going to celebrate and get drunk and pray the worst is over.

If Trump wins I'm going to get very drunk and pray the worst won't happen.
    Either way, we are going to get drunk.
    :P
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    In about 36 hours we can finally close this and open the 'General American Politics thread'. :)

True. But...this thing won't go away. Trump will raise a stink and get courts involved. Congress will introduce articles of impeachment against HRC within three months. They will block all court appointments. The ACA, in need of tinkering, won't be fixed. The fun is just beginning.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,554
    timmer wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Your FBI is just now
    So because the Saudis and Qatar gave money to both ISIL and the Clinton Foundation, that means the rogue elements at the FBI are justified in subverting our election process? Nonsense. Lots of American businessmen -- like the Donald-- give money to both the Democrats & Republicans at the same time, they're just hedging their bets. Henry Ford worked with the American military as well as working with Nazi Germany. (He was also a noted anti-Semite. It didn't mean that he made bad cars, just that his politics sucked. The FBI never tried to goose the sales of Chevrolets to get back at him.) Business and politics have a long history of mixing like oil and water. Sometimes you just need to add a little balsamic and you get a nice salad dressing.

Of course, they are right in doing this. IF it subverts the election process - so what? Is it wrong to shed light on things?

As for proof - I am not that familiar with english speaking trustworthy adresses, I could post endlessly. I once posted something for Jason in German. But my sources are basically in German of people, I feel are trustworthy. Once in a while I stumble across something in English, which I post, if I believe, its interesting and true.

@Beatles - apparently you didn't get the meaning. The Saudis and Co funded ISIS and gave huge amounts of money to the Clinton foundation. For that, they got the biggest arms deal ever back, which again went to ISIS. What is it, that you don't understand? That Clinton didn't know, what the arms were for? Naaa, not even you believe that. Providing arms for the Middle East in the first place is a VERY bad idea. But they want gas and oil. Nothing else is of interest there. Do you agree? etc etc...

The problem with the Qatar donation is not so much the inappropriateness of it. That can be rationalized barely.
    The scandal and outrage is that she is the effing Secretary of State. The conflict-of-interest to the national interest is brazen. Plus not declaring the donation to the State Dept.

She is clearly aware of the situation that such a conflict puts the State Department in, vis-a-vis it's Mideast policy.
    She just doesn't give a shit.
    The foundation's interest trump.
    High public office is private sandbox for Willy and her.
    To label her a crook is not a stretch
    Walks like a duck.....

If by chance she gets elected, she will be under relentless deserved attack for past crimes.
    Good chance she gets hounded out of office.
    Hard to really pin anything on a sitting President but they can be impeached or forced to resign, with a cushy little deal naturally.
    Hopefully this time she wouldn't plunder White House furniture and kitchenwares. She had to be made to put it back last time.
    In the spirit of song lyrics.
    To quote my favourite band.

"she's the worst thing in this world.."

Rolling Stones, Stupid Girl

Clearly, you don't understand what the Clinton Foundation is and you don't understand what kind of networking is accomplished to make "things happen" in the realm of charity work. If you have ever worked for a charity or a nonprofit, as I have, you'd get it.

I work part-time for a nonprofit that is still in its infancy. The types of people I have to meet with and have dinners with are not the types of people I would invite to my home. But they have money. And our job is to get them to open a checkbook and write a check. It's what we do.

Bono once went to Congress and met with people he no doubt despised. he made friends with Geoerge W. Bush and John McCain and said, openly, that he didn't care what he had to do to get more aid into Africa. he did it. And he mostly prostituted himself to do it.

The Clinton Foundation is NOT Hillary Clinton. She is not the CEO. So any contributions the foundation gets from Qatar or anyone else is their business--and good for them.

The issue here is that the Obama administration asked to be made aware of such transactions and this was not followed. But that is between HRC and the WH.

oi vey.The IQ level and comprehension skills of the typical Clinton blowhard are lower than even feared. I realize you are foaming-at-the-mouth rabid for your girl, but you don't need to present yourself as a complete moron.
    You do realize that you have made no point or clarification that actually challenges anything
    Thanks for the lecture.
    If you can't see the conflict of interest between Quatar making donations to the Clinton foundation and Hillary being Secretary of State,(her last name btw is Clinton. Her husband is Bill, if you hadn't picked up on that either) like everyone else on the planet, that doesn't have head-up-ass, you really are dim.
    Denial is a blissful state or more likely you just really are that stupid.
    Your other posts tend to support the latter. Its a damning body of work. Eee-gads :(|)

Provide the proof that Qatar got anything in return from the State Department. When you do, we can address that.

You see, I guess the "low level IQ" people are just smart enough to know to draw conclusions from evidence, not innuendo, hearsay, rumor, or suggestion. In all of the emails and leaks, in all of HRC's tax returns, there is not one shred of proof that Qatar paid HRC personally and not one shred of proof that Qatar (of all countries) got anything out of it, in return. If there is, we revisit the situation. But the elephant in the room is, again, what the Clinton Foundation does. I am far more comfortable with the Clintons' association with charitable work around the globe than the Bushes oil ventures into Saudi Arabia or Dick Cheney's association with a weapons and defense conglomerate.

Conservatives have this really bad habit of starting with the conclusion and then working backwards--it's how we ended up with birther BS. They also have a bad habit of being hypocrites and talking out of both sides of their mouth. It's how Trump and Gingrich, of all people, can have a fit over BC's infidelities. It's how Republicans in Congress can argue for a return to the Constitution while refusing to hold SCOTUS hearings. It's how Trump supporters can get their panties in a bunch over Colin Kaepernick's lack of patriotism while supporting a candidate who said of John McCain that he only received medals because he was a POW: "I like soldiers who don't get caught." I can only imagine the right-wing freakout if Obama or HRC said anything of that sort.

I gave specifics here. I guess I'm just that stupid.

@TripAces, thank you.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    chrisisall wrote: »
    If Hillary wins, I'm going to celebrate and get drunk and pray the worst is over.

I'm certainly gettin' drunk.
  • chrisisall wrote: »

I'm certainly gettin' drunk.

You guys are making it hard for me to be done with my Dylan rave: "Everybody must get stoned!"
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 4,622
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Trump, as Clinton is the alternative. Thanks Timmer for your Post. Now WE are 4 :D

Unlike some of the mouth-foamers on this thread. (They do stand out. Apologies to those who simply think Clinton is a better choice than Trump) I don't blindly support conservative candidates. I do like the interview Trump gave to the Wall Street Journal. Its on You Tube. The irony is most Wall Streeters vote Democrat. Pork deals, with big bloated government does make Wall Street go round.
    To wit, I did not support either of the Bushes. Useless 1 and Useless 2. Meanwhile if you think back to Bush 2 days, hyerventilating rabid-dog liberals were practically screaming antichrist. Bush was arguably more demonized than Trump.
    It's the same old rabid hysteria every election. Yes, rabid is today's word of the day.
    I also do not support the current conservative leader who presently wishes to be Premier of Ontario. He is a weasal of the worst degree. Hillary's got nothing on him. He could show her some dirty tricks. The sitting Liberal Premier, whose approval rating has plunged to record lows and is facing a coup from fellow liberal jackals, is horrible too.
    Thus when the election rolls around, I will do the honorable things and spoil ballot or vote for a worthy fringe candidate. I do not vote for jackals of any stripe, unlike some of the partisan liberal yahoos we find in this election.
    HRC = jackal. Not worthy of a vote IMHO of course.
    Dear @germanlady, there are plenty of us here in the Great White North that would vote Trump over the snake Hillary, and many in global Bondom too. But we are simply not as engaged. However this is life or death bloodsport, for liberal hyenas.

I've only roused because the election is nigh and Toronto Sun published an eye catching photo on Sunday predicting Trump victory and the benefits to Canada, especially as it relates to commerce and the Keystone oil pipeline which Obama has been holding up for no sane reason, other than phony green posturing.
    ==

I do have one huge fear if Trump wins.
    The worst of nutjob USA liberals have threatened to move to Canada.

Alert! Alert! Canada is a sovereign nation. We have immigration policy, borders to protect etc. You just can't move here, just as I can't up and emigrate to the States.
    Stay in your own country. We don't want the worst of the worst of the rabble up here.
    Cher says she might go to Jupiter ( which I think is where she is from anyway) That would be ok.
    Jupiter is a big planet, the biggest in fact. I am sure the good Jupiterians could find some island somewhere to quarantine the liberal hordes. Or some place where they could all play "Occupy" all day long.

This could be a serious problem. If Trump wants to build a wall.
    We might need it here!!!!!!!

The new Canada US border. If Whoopi tries to scale it, we are tossing her right back over!

avila-walls-66.jpg?imgmax=800

Hillary Clinton is a scumbag politician of the highest order. Its impossible to be worse.
    The email scandal is absolutely hideous, even if most blind liberals can't understand what the problem is, and her cad of a husband, is low-life even by modest cad standards.

The always rational Thomas Sowell weighed in today..
    Those of us who have been disgusted by some of the things that Donald Trump has said and done need to face the fact that he is not running against Mother Teresa. His sins have been matched and exceeded by Hillary Clinton and her husband.

As for accomplishments, Trump has none in politics, and business accomplishments do not automatically transfer into government.

Hillary Clinton has been in politics for decades. But does she have even a single serious accomplishment to show for it? In the Senate, she accomplished nothing, and as Secretary of State far worse than nothing.

Secretary Clinton carried out the foreign policy that destroyed two governments of countries which posed no threat whatever to America or to American interests in the Middle East. Each country is now moving in the direction of one of our two most dangerous enemies, Iran and Russia.

Egypt is now planning joint military exercises with Russian forces. Libya has already seen the rise of Islamic terrorists who killed the American ambassador whom the Clinton State Department refused to provide the security he asked for repeatedly.

"She's the worst thing in this world.."
    Mick is actually being kind
    Worst thing in the universe is more like it.
    Jupiter wouldn't even let her on the island with Whoopi.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,554
    "Libya has already seen the rise of Islamic terrorists who killed the American ambassador whom the Clinton State Department refused to provide the security he asked for repeatedly."

--And in 2001, the George W. Bush administration was repeatedly given advanced warning by the CIA of attacks in the U.S. He did nothing. Nearly 3,000 dead.

--And the Reagan administration repeatedly failed to increase security in installations in Lebanon, leading to the deaths of 241 U.S. Marines.

--And Libya has a history of terrorism that precedes Clinton. You can look up Pan Am Flight 103 on that one.

The more you post, @timmer, the more you keep stepping in it.

:-O
    Provide the proof that Qatar got anything in return from the State Department. When you do, we can address that.

You just keep digging your grave further. Political reality is beyond your grasp.
    If you don't see the problem with the optics, you are dimmer than already accused.
    Hint. Hillarys last name is Clinton. She also happens to be Secretary of State.
    And failing to advise the White House. Just a little oversight, mea culpa I guess.
    A three-year old could see the problem here.

@TripAces, thank you.
    Please, I know its hard to admit Hillary is as bad as she is, but you can do it.
    Take off the blinders. @tripaces is a moron, and I mean that in the nicest, kindest, gentlest way of course. Poor lost little soul has no understanding of why the Quatar donation is scandalous, why the failure to disclose is even worse, damning even, but he can ramble about Colin Kaepernicks bunched panties and whatever other delirious tangents he was on about.
    Proof? That's not even the issue. Quatar could be providing funds for nationwide puppy shelters, whilst promising to want nothing in return from the State Department for a thousand years, and its still scandalous. Do I really have to explain why?
    Thats why people avoid this thread. It hurts the brain.
    @tripaces please assure us, that if Trump wins, you are not coming here with the other clueless.
    At least give us time to get our wall up. Fair play and all.

@germanlady @jamestock btw had some good reality doses for the "happy" brigade here.
    He's drifted off though and is better man for it. It's not worth the hassle, when you consider the quality of response you get.

Hillary Clinton is a scumbag politician of the highest order. Its impossible to be worse.
    Hahahahahahh! You crack me up, man. The Emperor Cheney (MIC lackey/supreme shareholder) & the hand in Dubya's sockpuppet is second to none. But then, you are just an undereducated worker bee as the PTB intended.
    CHEERS!
    @TripAces, thank you.
    Please, he spouted liberal talking points, blah blah blah.
    You libbies really are desperate to think you have made a point.
    Comical even.

I'm not a Libru'l, but thanks for playing.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Indeed, @chrisisall.

And here this is happening. And sad to say, not new, nor will it stop after the election but hopefully the rest of the country will deal firmly with the kind of thing. We have to. Between this, and the racist tweets, and threatening to lynch members of the press (the whole lynching thing is odious; no matter it is directed at) ... yeah, we have a lot of cleaning up to do in the U.S.
    @TripAces, thank you.
    Please, he spouted liberal talking points, blah blah blah.
    You libbies really are desperate to think you have made a point.
    Comical even.

I'm not a Libru'l,
    There's that at least, but don't sweat it. Not all liberals are mouth foamers.
    Its not the worst thing. Many can provide constructive input to the democratic process.
    Yes I am being terribly patronizing, but I am trying at least.
    O:-)
    "Libya has already seen the rise of Islamic terrorists who killed the American ambassador whom the Clinton State Department refused to provide the security he asked for repeatedly."

--And in 2001, the George W. Bush administration was repeatedly given advanced warning by the CIA of attacks in the U.S. He did nothing. Nearly 3,000 dead.

--And the Reagan administration repeatedly failed to increase security in installations in Lebanon, leading to the deaths of 241 U.S. Marines.

--And Libya has a history of terrorism that precedes Clinton. You can look up Pan Am Flight 103 on that one.

you are a stand-up routine. :)) You do realize we were talking about Qatar, Hilly Sec of State, donations.... but forget it.
    Of all your rambling tangents though, the only one of any immediate interest is actually Kaepernick and I am not talking anthems. I don't actually care if he stands on his head during the anthem, but what is wrong with the 49ers?!
    Don't answer though. Better left for the NFL thread.
    O:-)
    You're terribly entertaining at any rate sir.
    =D>
    Well. We have all made up our minds regarding those issues. We all have had some fun here and some more serious points made. I like it best when we don't make fun of each other here or resort to name calling with each other. That gets just ... you know, low.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 3,564

Yes you are. You're very trying.

Try to keep up, Tim-boo-bah. The rest of us are already trying to mend the psychic wounds this election inflicted. Come together & all that. You're days late & several IQ points short (oops, sorry, let's not go there.) Let me just say for the record that if Trump does somehow manage a win, my intent is to go to Mexico because, after all, we're not going to be sending them our best. We'll be sending lib'ruls & musicians & stuff like that there. :bz

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You all have big dicks lads, the measuring can end.

And...I'm out of here again....

you are a stand-up routine. :)) You do realize we were talking about Qatar, Hilly Sec of State, donations.... but forget it.
    Of all your rambling tangents though, the only one of any immediate interest is actually Kaepernick and I am not talking anthems. I don't actually care if he stands on his head during the anthem, but what is wrong with the 49ers?!
    Don't answer though. Better left for the NFL thread.

You brought up Libya. Not me. And then I rubbed your nose in your own ignorance. So don't go pivoting back to Qatar.
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    My state will certainly vote for Clinton, so I have the luxury of writing in Bernie without it being an automatic vote for Trump. Were I in a close-run state I'd be forced to vote for the Hill.

Chris, my good friend, must I remind you that you promised awhile back to vote for Hillary because Bernie wanted you to? Oh, it's okay, do what you feel best as long as you're in a dependably blue state -- but please, EVERYBODY who can bring themselves to do so, please please vote Democratic for your Senators and Representatives. The 'Pubs have been refusing to even consider the even-handed middle-of-the-road Obama selection for Supreme Court Justice for several months now, insisting that the public's 2016 choice for President ought to be the one to make that selection. Now that Hillary's about to be elected, they're threatening to block every choice that SHE might make for at least the next four years. Make them pay for their cowardice and their partisan gridlock tactics. Vote them all out, every last R that you can.

This post gets Dylan himself with a nice, long out-take of "Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts" -- ten minutes "face down like the Jack of Hearts." It's here only for the repeated mentions of a character called "The Hanging Judge." Not that Justice Garland would be in much of a hurry to hang anybody or take away anybody's guns or force anyone to get an abortion who doesn't want one -- just that he's been left hanging for several months now and he deserves better.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 12,459

All? :-w Care to rephrase that, Brady? Ahem. ;;) :)>-

I think he's including the fake-but-real-feeling stuff there.
    Maybe...
  • You all have big dicks lads, the measuring can end.

I am reminded of an interview Connery gave regarding Zardoz, in which he said of his female co-star, that she "had balls." He didn't specify if he was referring to tennis-, base-, or foot-. :-\"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

@4EverBonded, that's why I added "lads" in there. This one's about the misbehaving boys. ;)
  • You all have big dicks lads, the measuring can end.

@4EverBonded, that's why I added "lads" in there. This one's about the misbehaving boys. ;)

As may be...but I notice you're still not out of here! Must I re-re-post Dan Hicks' "How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?" (That was probably the first song I linked to this thread, many months ago. Maybe I should post THAT again, just before the Mods close "The Next Prez" down!)
    Our November Surprise... no matter who wins this thread will be toast. :P
    What was that, Beatles? I had my earmuffs on, you see.

Okay, enough tomfoolery. I'm off to bed. It may be the last time I can sleep easily for a while.
    I hate Trump. That is all.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 3,564
    I didn't know this existed but I found it just now, just for you & for me:

It's The Fabs, with a different version of "Good Night" from the White Album...

True story, yours truly used to soothe the late beloved Mrs. SansEarmuffs (at a time she was ill, in pain and/or fear) to sleep with his own a capella rendition of this song. It's a very special, healing song to me & it's wonderful to find this here & now. I hope we all feel better tomorrow or maybe the day after...
This discussion has been closed.