The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• Who the hell is Gary Johnson and why doesn't he win this when Trumpary is so hated??

You don't know? Do you actually follow 3rd party candidates and their ideas and/policy agendas? Like McMullin, Stein....and perhaps the biggest Libertarian victory in decades thanks to Gary Johnson (or because of the Trump-Clinton fight)?

I'm really surprised that you are not so informed about this Jason buddy :-). It's important to be well informed before you vote. Weigh all options, etc.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Clinton. (and I am signing of for awhile now ...)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Who the hell is Gary Johnson and why doesn't he win this when Trumpary is so hated??

You don't know? Do you actually follow 3rd party candidates and their ideas and/policy agendas? Like McMullin, Stein....and perhaps the biggest Libertarian victory in decades thanks to Gary Johnson (or because of the Trump-Clinton fight)?

I'm really surprised that you are not so informed about this Jason buddy :-). It's important to be well informed before you vote. Weigh all options, etc.

If I would vote in this election I would be informed. I'm more informed (well informed) about the Europeans.

I give you this anyway...

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yuH1XDtN4rE"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 3,564
    What, I can't vote for Dylan? Or even Prince? Okay, since the Community Bondathon is currently watching Thunderball, I'll cast my vote for Tom Jones...

What -- not eligible? Okay, here's a vote for johnny Cash with his unsolicited attempt at a TB theme song...

1983:
    The happiest year in my life. I was carefree and had my little brother.
    We loved this song and I desperately wanted to be like Limahl.

All I want to know is; did you have that badger hairstyle?

this-be-some-classic-internet-stonerparty

• edited November 2016 Posts: 2,107
    Double post

Delete

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Clinton.
    Hopefully Clinton.

That orange meanie scares me.
    This FBI decision that just came out today is gonna help Trump more than help Hillary
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    This FBI decision that just came out today is gonna help Trump more than help Hillary

If anything it makes things looked strategically aimed to hurt Hillary direct from the FBI, which kind of disproves Trump's dramatic claims that he is the only person the election is being "rigged" against.

But Trump only cares about conniving low-blows and slimy sabotage when it's aimed at him, and celebrates it when it's put on his opponents.
    fjdinardo wrote: »

If anything it makes things looked strategically aimed to hurt Hillary direct from the FBI, which kind of disproves Trump's dramatic claims that he is the only person the election is being "rigged" against.

But Trump only cares about conniving low-blows and slimy sabotage when it's aimed at him, and celebrates it when it's put on his opponents.

Whats funny is say if Trump and FBI did this together. If Trump wins the election Comeny is getting thrown to the wolves
    Mitt Romney and Joe Biden should announce tonight that they're seeking the presidency through a write-in campaign. Just go on national TV and do say it, and give the American people a choice other than the four (five if McMullin is included) who are running for the office.

Short of that, they won't see me at the poll on Tuesday. Two awful choices is no choice at all. Gary Johnson had a chance at my vote until he completely imploded and his running mate endorsed another candidate.
    Four years ago in the very similar topic, leading to the elections between Romney and Obama......atmosphere was much better. I recall talking about issues back then.
    This has to be the dirtiest, nastiest election campaign I've ever seen. Both candidates are despicable, but what amazes me more is the amount of people who slag off Trump, and yet in the same breath think Clinton is great.

Uhm, I am a Clinton supporter.
    And do you think she is great?

Do you think she is 100% trustworthy (forgetting Trump and all that is wrong with him for a second)....?

I admire Hillary yes. One should read the very critical biography written by Carl Bernstein, 'A Woman In Power'. And at the same time obviously reading Gwenda Blair's biography about Trump (here's a nice piece http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/04/donald-trump-2016-campaign-biography-psychology-history-barrett-hurt-dantiono-blair-obrien-213835 ). Once you see both Trump and Clinton in the light of their personal lifes from being little kids until their presidential candidacy's this year, you start to understand them better.

Clinton trustworthy? Off course not. But at least I understand in what kind of troubled family she grew up and how she became the woman she is now. Her offensive, agressive dad, constantly bullying her mother and her two brothers. And she always had to 'get up and don't look back, because life isn't fair'. Hillary had a more difficult youth than Trump had. Trump was born as a rich kid. That gives an entire different perspective on people around you.

Whereas Clinton fought for kids with severe disabilities, or brought racial inequality under attention when she was president of a student board, Trump merely took over his father's kingdom.

Having read both extensively about the lives of Clinton and Trump, I can most definately say that I admire Hillary Clinton much more. She's not a charmer, but she has a proven record at helping people with problems. I prefer women who had to work enormously hard to become rich, instead of men like Trump who had a more or less guaranteed life as a billionaire when he was born.

Trump - we can give it as read that there are serious issues with him being in power. No need to go any further there.

But I cannot see how you can be blinded by Clinton's unsuitability either.

She may have an admirable background, but I think the years in politics have corrupted her unfortunately.

#1 She didn't use a state.gov account to conduct official business.
    #2 She used a personal email account to handle government business.
    #3 She set up a private, personal, "unsecured" server outside of official channels and hid it in her home to handle her emails.
    #4 The man hired to run her server did not have appropriate security clearance to handle classified, sensitive information; he was not vetted or screened by the FBI
    #5 By running her own server she made herself the guardian and the gatekeeper of determining what was a business email and what was a personal email. In essence she was the proverbial fox guarding the hen-house; it was a conflict of interest. Those State emails belong to the people. She has no right to set up a private server and then install herself as the person who decides what gets turned over to the State department after she resigns from her job.

#6 She transmitted CLASSIFIED and TOP SECRET information through an unsecured server, despite claiming that she hadn't. Some of the information was so sensitive even the FBI investigators didn't have top-level clearance to read what was transmitted.
    #7 19 different devices were used by her (on loan from the State Department) that were never returned; 2 were destroyed with a hammer by Jake Sullivan(?) her deputy.
    #8 She used "Bleach Bit" to try and destroy any trace of the emails on her server
    #9 She tried to delete/destroy thousands of work-related emails that she claimed were personal but were not.

All of this was in an effort to keep the American people from holding their politicians accountable; she didn't want an official record of her time as Sec.of State that she wasn't in full control of. That meant she had to set up her own server and control her own flow of information. On top of all that, I fully believe she wanted to hide a lot of what the Clinton Foundation was doing, which was essentially selling future political influence to foreign countries on the premise that she'd eventually become President.

This whole thing makes Watergate look like child's play.
    Good.post @willy
    You took the time to detail why the email scandal makes her absolutely unfit to hold high public office.
    Many voters don't quite understand what this scandal actually means. They think it's just some administrative impropriety - mea culpa, my bad. Will do better next time. We learn from our mistakes. Blah blah.
    Partisan liberal types go into denial mode of course.
    Meanwhile, as you so clearly explain, her actions are calculating, deceitful and dangerous.
    They betray a complete disregard for the responsibilities of office, not to mention a grandiose sense of privileged entitlement.
    I won't even get into criminality and national security concerns. Those should be self evident.
    Supporters like to tell us HRC is not perfect, like that covers it.
    She's not only not perfect. She couldn't be worse.
    She is the worst kind of fully exposed thoroughly corrupted, politician.
    She is not fit to run for dogcatcher.
    Runs in the family I guess. Hubby was actually impeached.
    If one can't abide Trump, one should probably just spoil one's ballot.

• edited November 2016 Posts: 4,622
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Your FBI is just now
    So because the Saudis and Qatar gave money to both ISIL and the Clinton Foundation, that means the rogue elements at the FBI are justified in subverting our election process? Nonsense. Lots of American businessmen -- like the Donald-- give money to both the Democrats & Republicans at the same time, they're just hedging their bets. Henry Ford worked with the American military as well as working with Nazi Germany. (He was also a noted anti-Semite. It didn't mean that he made bad cars, just that his politics sucked. The FBI never tried to goose the sales of Chevrolets to get back at him.) Business and politics have a long history of mixing like oil and water. Sometimes you just need to add a little balsamic and you get a nice salad dressing.

Of course, they are right in doing this. IF it subverts the election process - so what? Is it wrong to shed light on things?

As for proof - I am not that familiar with english speaking trustworthy adresses, I could post endlessly. I once posted something for Jason in German. But my sources are basically in German of people, I feel are trustworthy. Once in a while I stumble across something in English, which I post, if I believe, its interesting and true.

@Beatles - apparently you didn't get the meaning. The Saudis and Co funded ISIS and gave huge amounts of money to the Clinton foundation. For that, they got the biggest arms deal ever back, which again went to ISIS. What is it, that you don't understand? That Clinton didn't know, what the arms were for? Naaa, not even you believe that. Providing arms for the Middle East in the first place is a VERY bad idea. But they want gas and oil. Nothing else is of interest there. Do you agree? etc etc...

The problem with the Qatar donation is not so much the inappropriateness of it. That can be rationalized barely.
    The scandal and outrage is that she is the effing Secretary of State. The conflict-of-interest to the national interest is brazen. Plus not declaring the donation to the State Dept.

She is clearly aware of the situation that such a conflict puts the State Department in, vis-a-vis it's Mideast policy.
    She just doesn't give a shit.
    The foundation's interest trump.
    High public office is private sandbox for Willy and her.
    To label her a crook is not a stretch
    Walks like a duck.....

If by chance she gets elected, she will be under relentless deserved attack for past crimes.
    Good chance she gets hounded out of office.
    Hard to really pin anything on a sitting President but they can be impeached or forced to resign, with a cushy little deal naturally.
    Hopefully this time she wouldn't plunder White House furniture and kitchenwares. She had to be made to put it back last time.
    In the spirit of song lyrics.
    To quote my favourite band.

"she's the worst thing in this world.."

Rolling Stones, Stupid Girl

• echoecho 007 in New York
    Clinton.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,554
    TripAces wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Even Alan Dershowitz told Megan Kelly that it should have been reported, but he said that Comey should have given an explanatory statement to the public not to interpret the investigation in any way. Eg. it was not the reporting that was the problem per se, but rather the vague nature of his statement.

Keep in mind also that all emails & devices were supposed to have been handed over to the FBI already. So if they found another device (and they did) then the onus is to disclose imho, because this is a matter of public record due to the previous Congressional testimony.

Moreover, as mentioned, the Justice Dept. is compromised, due to Clinton's statement that she would reappoint Lynch if she becomes president, due to the secret back of plane meeting with Bill ostensibly about family prior to the conclusion of the prior investigation, and also because of Obama's active campaigning on behalf of Clinton and his potential involvement in the server scenario (he is reported to have communicated on it under a pseudonym) which could possibly be a violation of Federal Records Retention laws. It's really one big mess all round and the possible internal leaks from the FBI would have been terribly damaging.

Dershowitz has lost all credibility. He defended OJ, for crying out loud. The man has lost it.

As for turning over all devices, we're not talking about a device that belonged to HRC. Right? So that doesn't apply to her.

My guess is that almost all, if not ALL, of the emails the FBI finds will be ones they have reviewed already.

Well, well, well...it seems I was right about this.

More Hillary inspired song lyrics

Lies, dripping off your mouth like dirt
    Lies, lies in every step you walk
    Lies, lies you dirty jezebel
    Why, why, why, why don't you go to hell?
    Lies, lies, lies honey that's ya rules!
    Lies, lies, lies, lies, oh my lies, ... >:)

Rolling Stones, Lies
    from Some Girls, or sing along with Mick on YouTube
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited November 2016 Posts: 4,554
    timmer wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Your FBI is just now
    So because the Saudis and Qatar gave money to both ISIL and the Clinton Foundation, that means the rogue elements at the FBI are justified in subverting our election process? Nonsense. Lots of American businessmen -- like the Donald-- give money to both the Democrats & Republicans at the same time, they're just hedging their bets. Henry Ford worked with the American military as well as working with Nazi Germany. (He was also a noted anti-Semite. It didn't mean that he made bad cars, just that his politics sucked. The FBI never tried to goose the sales of Chevrolets to get back at him.) Business and politics have a long history of mixing like oil and water. Sometimes you just need to add a little balsamic and you get a nice salad dressing.

Of course, they are right in doing this. IF it subverts the election process - so what? Is it wrong to shed light on things?

As for proof - I am not that familiar with english speaking trustworthy adresses, I could post endlessly. I once posted something for Jason in German. But my sources are basically in German of people, I feel are trustworthy. Once in a while I stumble across something in English, which I post, if I believe, its interesting and true.

@Beatles - apparently you didn't get the meaning. The Saudis and Co funded ISIS and gave huge amounts of money to the Clinton foundation. For that, they got the biggest arms deal ever back, which again went to ISIS. What is it, that you don't understand? That Clinton didn't know, what the arms were for? Naaa, not even you believe that. Providing arms for the Middle East in the first place is a VERY bad idea. But they want gas and oil. Nothing else is of interest there. Do you agree? etc etc...

The problem with the Qatar donation is not so much the inappropriateness of it. That can be rationalized barely.
    The scandal and outrage is that she is the effing Secretary of State. The conflict-of-interest to the national interest is brazen. Plus not declaring the donation to the State Dept.

She is clearly aware of the situation that such a conflict puts the State Department in, vis-a-vis it's Mideast policy.
    She just doesn't give a shit.
    The foundation's interest trump.
    High public office is private sandbox for Willy and her.
    To label her a crook is not a stretch
    Walks like a duck.....

If by chance she gets elected, she will be under relentless deserved attack for past crimes.
    Good chance she gets hounded out of office.
    Hard to really pin anything on a sitting President but they can be impeached or forced to resign, with a cushy little deal naturally.
    Hopefully this time she wouldn't plunder White House furniture and kitchenwares. She had to be made to put it back last time.
    In the spirit of song lyrics.
    To quote my favourite band.

"she's the worst thing in this world.."

Rolling Stones, Stupid Girl

Clearly, you don't understand what the Clinton Foundation is and you don't understand what kind of networking is accomplished to make "things happen" in the realm of charity work. If you have ever worked for a charity or a nonprofit, as I have, you'd get it.

I work part-time for a nonprofit that is still in its infancy. The types of people I have to meet with and have dinners with are not the types of people I would invite to my home. But they have money. And our job is to get them to open a checkbook and write a check. It's what we do.

Bono once went to Congress and met with people he no doubt despised. he made friends with Geoerge W. Bush and John McCain and said, openly, that he didn't care what he had to do to get more aid into Africa. he did it. And he mostly prostituted himself to do it.

The Clinton Foundation is NOT Hillary Clinton. She is not the CEO. So any contributions the foundation gets from Qatar or anyone else is their business--and good for them.

The issue here is that the Obama administration asked to be made aware of such transactions and this was not followed. But that is between HRC and the WH.
    edited November 2016 Posts: 12,459
    The emails were never an important issue to me once I read thru the information; still not. And now FBI has put that to rest. Again. Making them look much worse overall.

Anyway, here a mother and her kids got removed from a Trump rally and the crowd even kicked at her disabled son's wheelchair. Yes. They were protesting, sure; but they were not abusive about it, yet this happened to them.
    Even though the FBI have now cleared Clinton of emails, she is looking more confident in her speech last night and Trump looks knackered, and she is edging ahead slightly in the polls, I have this strange feeling Trump is still going to win tomorrow.
    Clinton is my choice - simply because Trump is the alternative.
    Trump, as Clinton is the alternative. Thanks Timmer for your Post. Now WE are 4 :D
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 11,119
    Clinton

So far:
    09 votes: Clinton
    02 votes: Trump
    Clinton

So far:

I count 4 for Trump on this forum (including me, even though I don't personally like the guy very much). Not that it will make the blindest bit of difference come election day tomorrow.

And yes, this is just a minority of Americans - but these folks feel vindicated, emboldened, and this is one of the very worst things to have come out of this election.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 11,119
    Clinton

So far:

I count 4 for Trump on this forum (including me, even though I don't personally like the guy very much). Not that it will make the blindest bit of difference come election day tomorrow.

OK, understood. But to keep it simple and clear, simply post your preference...and don't 'hide' your preference in a lengthy set of arguments :-). Is easier to read hehe.

So now the results are::
    09 votes: HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON & Tim Kaine (Democratic Party: left of centre, mildly progressive)
    04 votes: DONALD JOHN TRUMP & Mike Pence (Republican Party: right wing, conservative to populist)
    00 votes: GARY EARL JOHNSON & Bill Weld (Libertarian Party: centrist, left on social issues, right on others)
    00 votes: JILL STEIN & Ajamu Baraka (Green Party: left wing and very progressive)
    00 votes: EVAN 'DAVID' MCMULLIN & Mindy Finn (Independent: centrist, left on social issues, right on others)
    00 votes: Option to WRITE-INN someone else

You see? Plenty of options to choose from :-). As long as people are willing to vote for ideas and issues instead of pictures and persons.

Clinton:
    @Agent007391
    @jobo
    @Murdock
    @4EverBonded
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    @SharkBait
    @echo
    @FoxRox

Trump:
    @Jetsetwilly
    @Timmer
    @Germanlady
    ehh, who is the 4th :-S
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited November 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Sorry @Gustav_Graves

What's the point. Do you need one more proof that Clinton is preferred??

She is.

If it must be then you should put a (non-American) behind the names. Because it's easy for non-Americans to talk when they don't have to suffer the direct consequences of the vote.

You can count me on the "not going to vote" camp, because they exist too. If I was American I would not give my vote to any of them, so in retrospect I wouldn't be held accountable for having voted for one of those notorious/pathological liars.
This discussion has been closed.