Breakfast,lunch and din-dins : All things foodie in yours and 007's worlds.

edited July 2018 in General Discussion Posts: 19,339
I had a late brunch of poached eggs on white toast,with real butter,very good smoked bacon ,and fried mushrooms,again cooked in real butter.
damned nice and i was stuffed ,still am.

Bond loved his eggs (although preferred scrambled) ,loved bacon cooked to his specifications and had fried mushrooms with Scaramanga,albeit for lunch,cooked by Nic Nac...

I think my brunch was pretty close to a Bond brunch...7/10 for me.

And also we can discuss our hero's eating,drinking habits and preferences in here...Bond does love his food ,and ADORES his drinkies !

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Only a Chicken and Stuffing sandwich from Poundland for me today. :D
    Dragonpol wrote: »

haha and i bet it wasnt even free range was it Dragon eh ?

I had an omelet, cut potatoes, and toast. Yes, I did mention the somewhat little known fact over breakfast that the Fleming Bond eats a lot of scrambled eggs. I don't think my SO gave a shit as she's pretty much hears me repeat that bit of trivia every time I have eggs.
    I have a friend who has this tradition of pulling out his copy of Thrilling Cities and making 007 scrambled eggs from that recipe, each opening day a new Bond film is released. It's a tradition I fully respect and wholeheartedly embrace.
    And how do they taste ?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    And how do they taste ?
    I actually haven't tried his, but often do my own opening day as well. A lot of butter and chives, but not bad.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I just had Super Cheese Pizza with filled crust and I'm afraid it has nothing whatsoever to do with any Bond film :P

I do know how to make Quiche de cabinet though, just invite me into your kitchen and I will perform magic.
    I'm a trained chef after all you know.
    I just had Super Cheese Pizza with filled crust and I'm afraid it has nothing whatsoever to do with any Bond film :P

I do know how to make Quiche de cabinet though, just invite me into your kitchen and I will perform magic.
    Nice! Does it have those peppers or whatever what on top of Sir Roger's quiche?
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 19,339

Oh im sure,but i think i will have 'Whiskers' instead ;)

What actually goes into a Quiche de Cabinet Jason,i've always been intrigued ...

(Oh and if i offered Bond my Bonfire night din-dins he would knock me out ).

ToTheRight wrote: »
    And how do they taste ?
    I actually haven't tried his, but often do my own opening day as well. A lot of butter and chives, but not bad.

Do the chives make a big difference to it ?

And how do they taste ?

I guess it's not something I would normally think to put in eggs, and often I'll do my Bond eggs without (laziness, really over accuracy). But they do give it a slight flavor.
    And how do they taste ?

I guess it's not something I would normally think to put in eggs, and often I'll do my Bond eggs without (laziness, really over accuracy). But they do give it a slight flavor.

OK,good to know..thanks TTR ..

And how do they taste ?

OK,good to know..thanks TTR ..

Anytime. Maybe when B25 comes out I'll add the chives again?
    Quiche de cabinet is easy to do but at the same time you have to be adventurous.

It means putting into it whatever you have left over in your kitchen. Just do the basic quiche recipe and then let you take it from there.

It is a great way to use the odds and ends of the refrigerator or pantry.

As for Bond I'm sure he refrained from putting Whiskas into his quiche de cabinet.
    But then as I said, adventurous is the word :P
    i might just join you ,if we arnt in a home in a wheelchair by the time that bloody happens matey !!
    i might just join you ,if we arnt in a home in a wheelchair by the time that bloody happens matey !!

Ha! I'll be in London next September :D
    I will be in London 9am-4-50pm every bloody Monday to Friday ...born there,raised there,lived there...but live in the countryside now !!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Green figs, yogurt, coffee, not black, laced with hazelnut
    Classic but make it tea and no hazelnuts..
    Tonight it's stuffed chicken breast followed by a giant toblerone and scotch for dessert.
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    Tonight it's stuffed chicken breast followed by a giant toblerone and scotch for dessert.

My Bonfire Night din-dins has gone tits-up (as we say in the UK when things go wrong)...and its my girlfriend n Bond's fault...!!!

Lamb chops in the oven, lamb gravy ready to go,baby potatoes in mint and butter ready...red wine poured...mint sauce is on duty !!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Dinner for one ? Barry or did the Lady stay to join you !
    No just me @Mrcoggins ,but she is coming over next weekend.
    Well done mate second date are you cooking?.
    Depends if we can get out of the bedroom he he ;)
    Dragonpol wrote: »

haha and i bet it wasnt even free range was it Dragon eh ?

No chance at that price! :))
    I started a diet today which will last up to Friday.
    Today: Tea, Earl Grey, hot, during the day. Tonight, Tea, Good Night Kiss Infusion with lemon balm.
    Feels great so far, even if I feel a bit hungry. It'll pass.
    I started a diet today which will last up to Friday.
    Today: Tea, Earl Grey, hot, during the day. Tonight, Tea, Good Night Kiss Infusion with lemon balm.
    Feels great so far, even if I feel a bit hungry. It'll pass.

Just remember to put the toilet roll in the fridge.
    No mention of curry daggers and the bog roll in the fridge is my line ;)
    and cross your legs overnight...you are going to be pissing like a garden sprinkler !!!