Breakfast,lunch and din-dins : All things foodie in yours and 007's worlds.

Comments

Oh and i had bangers and mash for dinner,that i have cooked for years without complaint,and it tasted crap...but i think i know the reason why.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    You forgot the HP sauce ?.
    no,i always buy HP,even that couldnt cut through the sweetness of the beans ,waaay more than usual,and the sausages were bland...needless to say it went in the bin....if it tastes crap then i wont eat it...(mind you 007 would have bitch-slapped me for even presenting it to him !)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited November 2016 Posts: 9,020
    I started a diet today which will last up to Friday.
    Today: Tea, Earl Grey, hot, during the day. Tonight, Tea, Good Night Kiss Infusion with lemon balm.
    Feels great so far, even if I feel a bit hungry. It'll pass.

Actually I have to add the whole story.

Tea is only today. And yes I'll probably be up half the night peeing :))

For the next four days it's this:
    Only dinner (I work through during the day).
    Each day either Pulled Beef or Pork, slow cooked for 10 hours, yep. In BBQ-Rub.
    This low and slow method makes the meat that tender it will practically melt on your tongue.
    500 gram of meat only has 15 gram of fat and circa 150 gram of protein.
    I have a programmable oven and in the morning I put the meat in and then leave it there for 10 hours, the oven turns itself off after the cooking time.

The only downside is the cost. 500 gram of shoulder piece of beef costs 18 of your USD here, or of your Euros.
    The pork version is cheaper if not much.

Of course I could have trimmings but I won't, it's a diet :)

As for drinking....well Vodka Martini isn't a problem. I will not drink anything else though, except tea and water of course! ;)
    and you didnt mention the Pound..you put that scummy Euro in front of Bond's own currency...listen,pal,life is too short...if it feels good,do it...
    ahhhh, sorry :P

that would be 15 GBP for 500 gram of the beef :)
    apology accepted me olde matey haha ;)
    I like to be served dinner to the original 1962 Dr No James Bond theme in Mono. Makes me Feel like a boss.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I idly wonder what iguanas taste like?
    Dragonpol wrote: »

That one is quite tasteless and indigestible.
    2nd day of diet. Beef in the oven, programmed for 10 hours slow cooking :)
    Wonder if James ever had a special diet.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

That one is quite tasteless and indigestible.

Phew! Thanks for the tip, Jason. Saves me a few pounds!
    2nd day of diet. Beef in the oven, programmed for 10 hours slow cooking :)
    Wonder if James ever had a special diet.

He did in Thunderball novel and film at Shrublands.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Most of the recipes that I've come across that use iguanna meat come with a very large warning about the fact that the reptile is a host to Salmonella in one of its most virulent forms
    That should tell us all we need to know I think. :-&
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    Most of the recipes that I've come across that use iguanna meat come with a very large warning about the fact that the reptile is a host to Salmonella in one of its most virulent forms
    That should tell us all we need to know I think. :-&

A bacillus. I wonder who that reminds me of? :-?
    Once went to a bar and asked for a gin martini - the bartender didn't have a clue what that was! But I felt very Bond-esque as I gave him very specific instructions on how to make it.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Once went to a bar and asked for a gin martini - the bartender didn't have a clue what that was! But I felt very Bond-esque as I gave him very specific instructions on how to make it.

Good help is hard to find these days.
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 19,339
    I left work today at 4.50pm in London and got home at 8.05pm thanks to the trains being a crock of crap...so i had to 2 waygu beef burgers in my fridge i got on offer from Tesco and they are cooking away with Tesco finest chunky chips.

Sod it,i was saving it for the weekend but i just lost 2 hours my life again on the way home,squashed against a door and a fold down bike.

So,i think Bond would definately appreciate the expensive,great quality,waygu beef,but obviously not in burger form....

Glass of red wine to wash it down methinks,because i am a pissed off bunny tonight.
    Sorry to hear, train trouble is always a pain in the ass.
    Believe me Jason me old mate,this happens (although not like this too much) at least 2-3 times in a 5 day week...If only i lived in Switzerland...been,to Zurich,Geneva,Basle....all effiicient and beautiful...not the concrete jungle shit i have to wade through here for the last 28 years...i live in the countryside now, as i was born,raised,lived and now work in London ,but boy do i get punished for it.
    I was disciplined Monday and Tuesday.
    But after waking up to an elected President Trump I needed a treat tonight.

Home made pizza with ham, onions, mushrooms and lots of cheese.
    My favourite toppings there,Jason !!! Yum yum !
    Sadly it was the last pizza for some time to come...

I didn't tell anyone except my best friend, since early August I am hitting the gym again, 5 days a week. It was harrowing work for three months but the result is more than I expected and I am super happy.
    Finally muscular again and flat stomach. No sixpack abs though, I guess my age prevents it or the pizza sessions :P

Realising I still can form my body with hard work, I will now eat "healthy" for the next three months and keep up working out. Of course Christmas and New Year's Eve I will eat and drink whatever I want.

Posted a pic on FB, I'm a shameless show off :P

Tonight it's pulled beef, slowly cooked again like the other day, it tastes great and it's full of protein and very few fat.
    Sadly it was the last pizza for some time to come...

I didn't tell anyone except my best friend, since early August I am hitting the gym again, 5 days a week. It was harrowing work for three months but the result is more than I expected and I am super happy.
    Finally muscular again and flat stomach. No sixpack abs though, I guess my age prevents it or the pizza sessions :P

Realising I still can form my body with hard work, I will now eat "healthy" for the next three months and keep up working out. Of course Christmas and New Year's Eve I will eat and drink whatever I want.

Posted a pic on FB, I'm a shameless show off :P

Tonight it's pulled beef, slowly cooked again like the other day, it tastes great and it's full of protein and very few fat.

Poofter... (nah,well done pal )

I had an organic roast beef joint in my fridge that needed eating ,with finest Yorkshire puddings,ready for tomorrow,and what happens ? my girlfriend texts and wants to meet tomorrow,so im cooking it now instead....women or food....the hardest battle of all....

I had some lovely scrambled eggs with smoked salmon this morning...
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    barryt007 wrote: »
    apology accepted me olde matey haha ;)

I hate Euros! Long live the Pound!
    That's me:

full.jpg

oh...wait...

This belongs to my daily routine....between breakfast and lunch and dinner...

Swiss army chocolate and biscuits :)
    full.jpg
    full.jpg
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Swiss chocolate ,best in the world,i'm sure Bond picked up a few bars while hunting Goldinger there .
    I'm going through an Asparagus phase while they are still in season atm.

My favourite way of having them is roasting them in the oven for 10 mins with olive oil and freshly grated parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

A quick,classy meal...yum yum !!
    Had it last night.
    (And I eat it with my fingers,uncouth I know,but great fun he he ).
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 19,339
    I wonder if 007 (especially from the novels) will jump in his Bentley to try the food from these towns/cities !! :

Europe's 6 Most Underrated Food Cities .

So you've gorged on snails in Paris and run Rome dry of cacio e pepe, what next? Though certain foodie cities rule the roost in Europe, stepping outside your comfort zone can be far more exciting and rewarding, not to mention damn delicious.

Here's a few of under-the-radar cities to add to your list, all catering to more intrepid eaters and their snap happy holidays.

As the Danes would say: god appetit!

San Sebastián, Spain

Though many flock to Barcelona to indulge in tapas, Basque Country is famous for "pintxos", the local term for slices of crusty bread topped with fish, meat or vegetables.

San Sebastián has an excellent mix of high-end eateries and authentic hole in the wall bars. Ganbara is a popular local spot where Iberian hams hang from the ceiling and elegantly designed pintxos line the bar. If you're time short and want to see the best of the best, book a tour with Devour to wander the streets like a local.

Bordeaux, France

Truth be told it's tough to find a region of France without excellent food, but Bordeaux is having something of a moment and stealing the culinary shine off the capital.

In June a survey from French food website Atabula rated Bordeaux ahead of Paris thanks to its deep red wines and burgeoning restaurant scene. MILES is a modern bistro serving up seasonal produce from South West of France and is gathering a cult following. Be sure to also visit the food market Marché des Capucins for a plate of oysters and Saucissons Sec to take home.

Aarhus, Denmark

Everyone on our social media feeds have gone into Scandi-overdrive, Instagramming the rye bread, fishcakes and coffee of Copenhagen and Stockholm. But for a road a little less well-travelled head to Danish city Aarhus, which has recently caused a stir by earning three Michelin stars in one year.

One of said three is Gastromé, set in a former dress shop in the Latin Quarter offering plenty of freshly shaved truffle and dishes like king crab, avocado and horseradish or elderflower, white chocolate and honey pollen.

Bologna, Italy

Though Bologna has a rich culinary history (Thanks for giving us Bolognese, guys) it is often overlooked for its more decorated neighbour Rome. The city more than holds its own as a top gastronomic destination with walking food tours which offer everything from pizza to gelato.

Stop by the famous pasta making sisters Le Sfogline to see the art of their careful craft and visit the the oldest market in the city, the Mercato di Mezzo for fresh fish and a glass of local wine.

Prague, Czech Republic

If Prague's claim to the cheapest pint of beer in Europe isn't enough to lure you in, there's a vibrant food scene also waiting for you.

For authentic local cuisine head to V Kolkovně, a converted 1920s stamp printing house serving beef goulash and roast duck with sauerkraut. For something swankier try Italian fusion restaurant Divinis, a stylish design restaurant with an amazing tasting menu located in the old town. Join the Taste of Prague food tour to learn more about Czech food culture, drink local wine and visit adorable and Instagram-ready bakers and butchers.

Budapest, Hungary

Though Budapest has long been a popular stop off for students and hipsters inter-railing through Europe, the city has blossomed into a food hotspot and is well worth a visit in its own right.

The Seventh District or Jewish Quarter is packed with cool restaurants and bars like Karaván, a trendy beer garden with street food vendors, and afterwards you can grab a drink amongst lights, bicycles and plants at Szimpla Kert. The Great Market Hall on the Pest side of town is a vast building restored in the 1990s and the best place for local meats and cheese amongst other traditional delicacies.

Edinburgh, UK

True, Edinburgh is no hidden gem, but the sheer volume of great restaurants the city now offers means it's as relevant and exciting as ever. For high end scoffing try seafood and shellfish experts Ondine or Aizle, who cook your five course meal from a daily list of changing ingredients.

Elsewhere The Outsider offers delicious dishes from lobster to steak to mussels and at very reasonable prices. Visit during August for Foodies festival, the biggest in the UK which boasts a street avenue, cookery lessons, afternoon tea, and wine and champagne tasting.

"Colonel Smithers is giving the lecture 007 !!