No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Also in response to the thread getting on track, I don't see why it really matters anyway. We are discussing the future of Bond. Why must it be so strict? This thread is fun. We are occupying the time. It would be quite authoritarian to be strictly forced into a direction to talk. Sure some of the discussion is stupid but there's no problem with it. Unless you're upset when 50 new posts doesn't mean news.

Its not up to me,its only what the thread creator...ooh,im watching Bond take you on right now in QOS @dominicgreene ...TOTALLY under-rated villain !

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Also in response to the thread getting on track, I don't see why it really matters anyway. We are discussing the future of Bond. Why must it be so strict? This thread is fun. We are occupying the time. It would be quite authoritarian to be strictly forced into a direction to talk. Sure some of the discussion is stupid but there's no problem with it. Unless you're upset when 50 new posts doesn't mean news.
    There's nothing remotely authoritarian about it. I just want this thread to stay on topic from now on. The sheer amount off-topic chatter has been especially troubling in this thread. It was getting quite out of hand and something needed to be done. I think it's a fun thread too (it's supposed to be, anyway).
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Following this thread is as fun as accounting the nail polish colours of Moneypenny's appearances in all the films. It is a hoot!

Authoritarianism is the latest craze anyway (at least in the EU) so no sweat.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Murdock wrote: »
    Now it's sexist to criticise BB? Just when I though I have heard everything...

Bond is dying a slow death here...

Nobody said it was sexist to criticize her. Some people mentioned how it's sexist she gets all the heat when Michael doesn't get any share of the blame or any negative comment directed towards him.

As for Bond 25, I'm looking forward to it.

How is that sexist in any way, shape, or form? So if BB was a man it wouldn't be? Sorry but that's just plain silly. Whoever made that comment just turned it into a gender war for no reason.
    +1
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Nobody said it was sexist to criticize her. Some people mentioned how it's sexist she gets all the heat when Michael doesn't get any share of the blame or any negative comment directed towards him.

How is that sexist in any way, shape, or form? So if BB was a man it wouldn't be? Sorry but that's just plain silly. Whoever made that comment just turned it into a gender war for no reason.
    +1
    Welcome to 2016.
    Following this thread is as fun as accounting the nail polish colours of Moneypenny's appearances in all the films. It is a hoot!

Authoritarianism is the latest craze anyway (at least in the EU) so no sweat.

U bog off and watch CR !! haha

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited October 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I think it's helpful to have a 'catch all' thread that folks can go into and discuss what interests them on the day. Whether that's blasting Babs, Craig or whomever, I don't see why it should be a problem.

However, I can appreciate that this is not the thread for such general banter and discussion and so it's probably best if it stay on topic.

It will most likely drop off the first page shortly, at the rate we're getting news these days.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Hell if I know, I didn't bring up the sexism gender garbage in the first place.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Hell if I know, I didn't bring up the sexism gender garbage in the first place.

We have A.D.D. Really hard to even comment without anything to comment on.

Here's a strange segway but check out Dynamite and upcoming Percy Dynamite on what they could do with B25. :D
  • peterpeter Toronto
    i was just curious by @Mendes comment about his hoping that Gregg Wilson take sole producing duties from BB. I want to know what makes him a candidate; better yet, what qualities does he have that are more suited to producing than BB? What has he said that would make @Mendes state this?
    peter wrote: »
    i was just curious by @Mendes comment about his hoping that Gregg Wilson take sole producing duties from BB. I want to know what makes him a candidate; better yet, what qualities does he have that are more suited to producing than BB? What has he said that would make @Mendes state this?

Gregg isn't ready BB is the senior and experienced producer ...Gregg is an obvious heir though.
  • barryt007 wrote: »
    Can you lot give the author of this thread some respect n take your arguements elsewhere..he said this is for BOND 25 only ...

No. They obviously cannot. Bloody twits.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Khan, discussions re: who is producing, or who should produce Bond 25 is relevant, no?
    @Khan, discussions re: who is producing, or who should produce Bond 25 is relevant, no?

Seems to me ...you're not going to get closer chat until we get actual news or even rumors.

Whining and insulting fellow forums isn't itself any more on point either.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @mcdonbb: I hope you don't mean that I'm insulting other members?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    They purchased the SPECTRE, Blofelwd and Thunderball rights from The McClory Estate in 2013. Here's to them purchasing MGM's share of the Bond rights sometime soon so they could produce them on their own.

I wish they could/would. I've said it before but Bond being shackled to a chronically near dead studio scares me.

It is sexist to criticize BB and not MGW. They are partners in Eon.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @peter

read the comment above yours. @mcdonbb is a nice Texan, he wouldn't throw around accusations, it was the other fella's comment.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Can you lot give the author of this thread some respect n take your arguements elsewhere..he said this is for BOND 25 only ...

If there was an important news item it wuld be on MI6 frontpage so stop moaning please, nobody said you had to read all 500 pages, I read every 20th page only and I get the gist.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    echo wrote: »
    They purchased the SPECTRE, Blofelwd and Thunderball rights from The McClory Estate in 2013. Here's to them purchasing MGM's share of the Bond rights sometime soon so they could produce them on their own.

I wish they could/would. I've said it before but Bond being shackled to a chronically near dead studio scares me.

Explain how that is sexist.
    @mcdonbb: I hope you don't mean that I'm insulting other members?

No I didn't mean you at all. Thank you @BondJasonBond006 for catching that.

Times have changed since KTBEU...bloody annoying PK...
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 1,296

I think what @echo means @dominicgreene, is that when everyone is piling on Barbara for poor decisions in the films and not Michael, it's interesting to ask why. I've even seen some people on here talk about MGW like he's been good for the series, looking at you @Wizard, when it was Michael's ego that drove Peter Hunt away from ever returning to the director's chair. Not to mention, his first contribution as a writer to the series was the beloved Solex Agitator plot in TMWTMGW. He also wrote and inserted the character of Bibi Dahl, amonst other things. But let's talk about Barbara and her supposed feminist agenda, since she's a woman and all. MG's ills are well documented, and in the meantime we get sexist conjecture about Barbara based on nothing. If someone doens't like something they usually blame it on her. And the question is why.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,116
    BB is targeted now not because she's a woman but she seems to be the prominent voice.

Let's move on please
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    BB is targeted now not because she's a woman but she seems to be the prominent voice right now.

Let's move on please

Yes and yes.
    delete

• peterpeter Toronto
    @mendes, what makes Gregg the producer in waiting? What has he said that makes him more competent a producer than BB?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    BB is targeted now not because she's a woman but she seems to be the prominent voice right now.

Let's move on please

Yes and yes.
    Thirded.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Clark and @Mendes, moving on from the criticism of BB, but, what makes Gregg Wilson the heir apparent? I'm interested in Mendes' original statement, that he wishes he would take over. Why? What's he going to do that will breathe something fresh and original into the franchise? What has he indicated that he will bring to the table?

Thanks,

P
  • IGUANNA wrote: »

I think what @echo means @dominicgreene, is that when everyone is piling on Barbara for poor decisions in the films and not Michael, it's interesting to ask why. I've even seen some people on here talk about MGW like he's been good for the series, looking at you @Wizard, when it was Michael's ego that drove Peter Hunt away from ever returning to the director's chair. Not to mention, his first contribution as a writer to the series was the beloved Solex Agitator plot in TMWTMGW. He also wrote and inserted the character of Bibi Dahl, amonst other things. But let's talk about Barbara and her supposed feminist agenda, since she's a woman and all. MG's ills are well documented, and in the meantime we get sexist conjecture about Barbara based on nothing. If someone doens't like something they usually blame it on her. And the question is why.

Like most women in positions of authority, BB receives a disproportionate level of criticism. Unfortunately it seems to be a fact of life.

The Bond production team is quite an amateurish operation, but I think this comes mainly from them working solely within their Bond bubble - the permanency of the franchise has made them complacent and caused them to lose perspective on the state of the film industry.

Times have changed since KTBEU...bloody annoying PK...

I think you've got a rose tinted view of things, I remember regular bouts of childish drama in the days of KTBEU, even with the trigger happy mods we had back then.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    What is (was?) KTBEU?