No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

tanaka123 wrote: »
    Oops I mentioned Mr Turner, do I now lose a finger?
    Nope. You're protected by Accidental Mentions Finger Registration Act.

Phew, and I thought I would have to rely on the 'It's okay to take the piss when someone says something stupid like you'll lose your finger if you talk about rumours to do with the next James Bond film ACT' - what a relief!
    No real news but some great comedy in the thread. Nothing wrong with that.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Aidan't we all glad some of us get Turnered around to like the man.

He is bloody great. Poldark should become mandatory viewing.
    The 2nd series hasn't been as good as the first.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited October 2016 Posts: 2,138
    Is Aidan Turner still in the frame?

One of the Poldark producers let slip I while back he had met with EON and had screen test. I assume Barbs & Mike are covering all bases in the event Dan did not wish to return. Coinciding with Dan's latest comments about missing it too much if he gave it up. Turner has been said to have been off with fans, and unusually grumpy during filming and pressers for the new season of Poldark. Speculation is that he thought he was about to step in to the famous Tux but with Dan likely to now return he's seen the dream slip away.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/24/aidans-maidens-to-the-rescue-poldark-fans-defend-turner-after-flipping-out-claim-6150288/

One of the Poldark producers let slip I while back he had met with EON and had screen test. I assume Barbs & Mike are covering all bases in the event Dan did not wish to return. Coinciding with Dan's latest comments about missing it too much if he gave it up. Turner has been said to have been off with fans, and unusually grumpy during filming and pressers for the new season of Poldark. Speculation is that he thought he was about to step in to the famous Tux but with Dan likely to now return he's seen the dream slip away.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/24/aidans-maidens-to-the-rescue-poldark-fans-defend-turner-after-flipping-out-claim-6150288/

It wasn't a serious question, please look above for the finger chopping statuses
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland

It wasn't a serious question, please look above for the finger chopping statuses

Fair enough. But just sharing the gossip.
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 11,425
    Seems EON and Dan are playing a little game.

I think Cubby and Rog did something similar.

What Rog showed us is that age is not particularly a barrier to playing Bond.

On the Rogometer, Dan still has two left in the tank.
    After reading what I have and admittedly I did not read all of the 1200 posts I had to catch up on. Going off DC's interview? He will be back for Bond 25.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Whew glad Craig most likely returning. Would have been a massive step down.

Would have been a bad Turn(er) of events. Hoping EoN keeps the acting standard up.

That's my opinion at least. Second odd thing though is if that's the case then is B25 further along than we think????
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited October 2016 Posts: 8,087
    Getafix wrote: »
    What Rog showed us is that age is not particularly a barrier to playing Bond.
    Yes, not a problem for Roger Moore that is.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2016 Posts: 28,694

Christ, what a bunch of fruit loops.

Turner's fans are apparently (I can't believe this isn't a lie) called "Aidan's Maidens," eh?

(takes a moment to hurl into a bucket)

Here the loony "Maidens" are in their natural environment:

img_0543.jpg?w=620&h=463&crop=1

img_0546.jpg?w=620&h=462&crop=1

Those old birds have got binoculars trained on Turner like he's some kind of Cornwall wildebeest. I have so many questions now. How many of "Aidan's Maidens" have criminal records for stalking? Is @Mendes4Lyfe one of the "Maidens" pictured? Does Turner have a restraining order from these psychotics? Do they follow him to his trailer on set for a chance to sniff his underwear or pilfer some shampoo from his shower?

Too, too many questions, but not enough answers.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Christ.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 8,087
    Bless 'em.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bless 'em.

I knew it, your mother is one of the old birds. It's all coming together...
    Bless 'em.

I Think they are standing on the road between Lands End and Sennen. Could be way off though.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,116
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    After reading what I have and admittedly I did not read all of the 1200 posts I had to catch up on. Going off DC's interview? He will be back for Bond 25.

Yes Craig said his desire is to return as Bond. The other 1199 comments are well mostly arguments and ramblings. We've been bad :(
    The only time age was really criticized was AVTAK that was it. But even I didn't care about moores age in avtak
    edited October 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Bless 'em.

I Think they are standing on the road between Lands End and Sennen. Could be way off though.

@Mendes4Lyfe, if I had to lay in wait and stalk someone anywhere, it does seem like there's not many more beautiful places than Cornwall in which to do it. There's probably less police presence there too, which would help with the stalking.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Bless 'em.

The large lady 2nd from the left Mendes Yo Mama ?.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    The only time age was really criticized was AVTAK that was it. But even I didn't care about moores age in avtak

AVTAK was when Rog really hit his stride.

Bonds only improve with age
    While AVTAK did feature a Moore way past his expiration date in the role, I concede that by that time he'd earned over a decade of respect and love from fans for playing 007 that it's easy to ignore his more geriatric appearance simply because it's Roger. I don't think even Sean gets as much credit for playing Bond as an older man in DAF, for example, and I think that's because Roger was always all in, always in full effect and "on the ball" in his movies, and you never hear people criticize Sir Roger for feeling tired in the role. He gave 100%, 100% of the time.
    While AVTAK did feature a Moore way past his expiration date in the role, I concede that by that time he'd earned over a decade of respect and love from fans for playing 007 that it's easy to ignore his more geriatric appearance simply because it's Roger. I don't think even Sean gets as much credit for playing Bond as an older man in DAF, for example, and I think that's because Roger was always all in, always in full effect and "on the ball" in his movies, and you never hear people criticize Sir Roger for feeling tired in the role. He gave 100%, 100% of the time.

Agreed. I watched Dawson's review of AVTAK on YouTube last night and ok yeah Moore was too old but I really miss those Moore days. For me Bond has never quite regained his footing consistently after Moore left.

Grant it so did late great Cubby.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Aidan Turner is great no matter how much you will ridicule his fans. A low move by the way.
    Aidan Turner is great no matter how much you will ridicule his fans. A low move by the way.

I don't think I have ridiculed Turner's fans. On Turner we don't agree but if I have come off that way I'm sorry. Sincerely so.

And sorry to @Mendes4Lyfe

Sorry

From my side, @Mendes4Lyfe knows that I am merely being playful towards him, and I never mean any of my comments with earnest.

It is impossible not to admit, however, that these pictures are a creepy sight to behold:

img_0543.jpg?w=620&h=463&crop=1

img_0546.jpg?w=620&h=462&crop=1

Male fans of actresses in the states get jailed and thrown in psyche wards for doing what these old birds are doing, and I think they're getting an even greater kick out of seeing Turner with his top off than any of the nuts here in America.
    Don't worry @mcdonbb

It's all good. I have just become a little bit overprotective of Turner and his fans on this forum after all the flack we get.
    mcdonbb wrote: »

I don't think I have ridiculed Turner's fans. On Turner we don't agree but if I have come off that way I'm sorry. Sincerely so.

And sorry to @Mendes4Lyfe

Sorry

No problem, m8! ;) Cheers! ~O)
    Ok thanks for the forgiveness @BondJasonBond006 and @Mendes4Lyfe ...

Get out of hand maybe a bit ...but like @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 no harm was meant.

By the way all of y'all have really long names. I'm going to try and offend people with shorter names next time :D

JUST KIDDING!!!!
  • RC7RC7
    Don't worry @mcdonbb

It's all good. I have just become a little bit overprotective of Turner and his fans on this forum after all the flack we get.

Its the equivalent of going to the pub and going on about the same thing over and over, constantly bringing the conversation back to the same irrelevancies. In the pub you'd get told to shut the fuck up. I like to think it's been more inventive and considerably more polite in these parts. But seriously, shut the fuck up about him.