No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Anybody else slightly amused by how all the folks across the pond are going to have to scroll through 12 pages of gibberish in the morning to see if anything happened?

@jake24, regardless of what happens, please, please, please leave the subject heading as is. ;)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    "A suit should look like you've lived in it, had sex in it." -Daniel Craig #TNYfest

AMEN to that.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Part of me wants @jake24 to make a headline for the thread like "Daniel Craig Ready for More Bond."

Too harsh a prank, you think?
    Wondering if this means since no distribution deal has been made there's really no decision to be made regarding B25. Without those elements in place it seems there really isn't a B25.
    edited October 2016 Posts: 3,126
    This fustrating we may never see bond again :(( at this rate
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Part of me wants @jake24 to make a headline for the thread like "Daniel Craig Ready for More Bond."

Can't be harsher than my April Fool's prank on page 100!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Jamie Bell being endorsed by Craig to be his successor.

That would be a cruel prank as a headline.

jake24 wrote: »
    'No truth' to the $150m salary rumour to continue as 007 - Daniel Craig.

Did seem a heck of a lot of money. Perhaps too much to make it seem credible.

Knowing that he's still undecided is better than knowing that he's done for good.
    I guess but still disappointing our only chance in a year and nothing

:-S
    :-w
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

@jake24, as much as I like you, I wanted to kill you that day! Don't play with my heart like that! :))
  • Part of me wants @jake24 to make a headline for the thread like "Daniel Craig Ready for More Bond."

Or "Craig Hands Baton to Othello Co-Star Oyelowo."
  • As someone who would like DC to come back I'm pretty happy with the gist of this interview. If he wanted out, he's had a good year to think it through, he had a good chance today to make the announcement that he is leaving, and yet he has done neither. To me, this says what many of us have been thinking or hoping, which is, if the script is good enough, he is back.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    if he's done with the role, this was his chance to say, yes, I had a great run, the franchise is wonderful and given me so many opportunities, but, I think it's time to say good bye. That's pretty absolute.

It's obvious his near silence means he's not done with the role, he's in negotiations with BB.

But that also means, he's no slam dunk. If his people at CAA say he's worth "x" but Babs balks at that, business will dictate a new direction right there.

I think it's safe to assume that DC is still Bond, until Babs decides, yes or no. He just punted the ball back to them.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

@jake24, as much as I like you, I wanted to kill you that day! Don't play with my heart like that! :))
    Never again, mate. Never again. After all, there's really no chance I can top that!

Or "Craig Hands Baton to Othello Co-Star Oyelowo."

"Craig Endorses Tom Hiddleston; Calls Actor "Perfect" for Bond"

Or, for Mendes4Lyfe....

"Craig Makes Surprise Reveal at NYC Talk; Aidan Turner Bond #7!"
    edited October 2016 Posts: 3,126
    At this rate we will never see bond again :-S :( :((
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 1,661
    The Bond comments come from a second hand source, not from the NYL Twitter page. I'd like to see it mentioned on that page. Assuming it appears at some point... (yawn).
  • edited October 2016 Posts: 2,598
    It was the non event I was predicting but it has been a pleasure to share it together with you nice people.

Yeah, I was pretty sure too that nothing concrete would be revealed.

No news is good news though. Bring back Craig! :)
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    I hope we know that we've added some 300 additional comments to this thread in the past 24 hours. Expect some very angry complaints tomorrow.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    peter wrote: »
    if he's done with the role, this was his chance to say, yes, I had a great run, the franchise is wonderful and given me so many opportunities, but, I think it's time to say good bye. That's pretty absolute.

It's obvious his near silence means he's not done with the role, he's in negotiations with BB.

But that also means, he's no slam dunk. If his people at CAA say he's worth "x" but Babs balks at that, business will dictate a new direction right there.

I think it's safe to assume that DC is still Bond, until Babs decides, yes or no. He just punted the ball back to them.

True but one could also say, this was his chance to get the bs out of the way and reaffirm himself as Bond, and didn't.

Never again, mate. Never again. After all, there's really no chance I can top that!

I have to say, it was magnificently crafted @jake24, and extremely believable in its structure and the fake quotes you made. I barely know what day of the week it is a lot of the time, so that day you caught me in an ignorant and vulnerable moment, and if the date wouldn't have clicked for me faster, I may have keeled over from a heart attack!
    Bounine wrote: »
    So, it'
    It was the non event I was predicting but it has been a pleasure to share it together with you nice people.

No news is good news. Bring back Craig! :)
    more like no news is no progress

• peterpeter Toronto
    So, it'

Agreed; bring back Craig and put down the "pretenders" vying for the role. Do it Babs: green light DC. The ball's in your court.

No news is good news though. Bring back Craig! :)
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    So, it'

more like no news is no progress
    But way to be optimistic though

I have to say, it was magnificently crafted @jake24, and extremely believable in its structure and the fake quotes you made. I barely know what day of the week it is a lot of the time, so that day you caught me in an ignorant and vulnerable moment, and if the date wouldn't have clicked for me faster, I may have keeled over from a heart attack!
    I'll be spending a few days in hell for that, I'm sure of it.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    peter wrote: »

True but one could also say, this was his chance to get the bs out of the way and reaffirm himself as Bond, and didn't.

If he is done with the role, it's absolute. But he didn't even cross into this territory, right. If he was done, has no contractual obligations, then nothing is holding him back from saying, sort folks, it's been a great ride, but...

If he was done with the role he's a free agent.

The only thing clear to me is DC is still 007.
    I do like this rather interesting quote from Dan that is peripherally related to Bond:

"A suit should look like you've lived in it, had sex in it." -Daniel Craig #TNYfest

There's a punchline that could be made here in reference to his tighter fitting suits in SF and SP, but I won't go there.

I'll be spending a few days in hell for that, I'm sure of it.

At least you'll keep some interesting company for as long as you're there. By the time you face judgement @Thunderfinger will have been there for a decade at the very least, so you'll have to look him up when you're down there.

Yes, he could have said "I'd love to return after Purity!" Depends how you want to look at it.

I think Peter is right. If Craig wants a big fee for his return and there are some decent candidates out there EON could do another 'Brosnan' type move - ditch the popular Bond actor for a younger guy. I think we expected Brosnan to do a fifth - Brosnan did! - and we all know what happened. So it seems all up in the air at the moment.
    I must get my hands on this interview somehow.