No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I'm so tired of this Daniel-Craig-Stays-No-Another-Actor-Will-Take-Over-discussion. It really takes the soul out of the Bond franchise. I mean, do fans of Marvel and Mission: Impossible question Robert Downey Jr. or Tom Cruise? Are the press attacking them? Two equally 'bald headed old rotten dinosaurs'. I mean really, can't we just be patient, support the status quo for a moment and ignore all this gossip?

A-freaking-men.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Exactly, 0Brady. ;) Though truly I think he can act better than Laz.
    I just have a gut reaction against Hiddleston.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    To add a bit of frivolity in here, I'll share a clip that had me in tears with sore sides.

It's a Comic Relief skit that Daniel, the Spectre team and a certain Bond alum did together in 2015:

http://www.the007dossier.com/007dossier/post/2015/03/15/Comic-Relief-Red-Nose-Day-2015-James-Bond-007-Sketch

Well worth the watch! :))
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    To add a bit of frivolity in here, I'll share a clip that had me in tears with sore sides.

It's a Comic Relief skit that Daniel, the Spectre team and a certain Bond alum did together in 2015:

http://www.the007dossier.com/007dossier/post/2015/03/15/Comic-Relief-Red-Nose-Day-2015-James-Bond-007-Sketch

Dreadful then, Dreadful now. Thought we'd seen the last of that.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Thanks for that, 0Brady. :)
  • To add a bit of frivolity in here, I'll share a clip that had me in tears with sore sides.

Well worth the watch! :)

If that's a behind-the-scenes documentary, the making of Spectre is really good ;-)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    DCisared wrote: »

Too right. Thought it had been sealed in lead and dropped in the North Sea long ago.

About as funny as treading on a piece of Lego on the day of your mother's funeral.

Makes the double take pigeon look like Bill Hicks.

Too right. Thought it had been sealed in lead and dropped in the North Sea long ago.

About as funny as treading on a piece of Lego on the day of your mother's funeral.

Sorry, but it's hilarious.
  • RC7RC7
    tanaka123 wrote: »

You have seriously appalling taste in comedy, sir. (I use the term 'comedy' loosely).
    RC7 wrote: »

You have seriously appalling taste in comedy, sir. (I use the term 'comedy' loosely).

Better than not having a sense of homour at all.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Didn't Roger Moore already do this kind of thing 30+ years ago on Carson? It was suitably funny then because it was brief. This seemed to go on a bit long imho.

• RC7RC7

I'm not so sure.

I'm not so sure.

Okay but I'm not exactly been serious in the first place.

I'm not so sure.

Okay but I'm not exactly been serious in the first place.
    That video reminds me, didn't David Walliams cause a bit of uproar during the Spectre red carpet interview by outing Waltz as Blofeld during an interview? Is there any footage of that online?
    TR007 wrote: »
    That video reminds me, didn't David Walliams cause a bit of uproar during the Spectre red carpet interview by outing Waltz as Blofeld during an interview? Is there any footage of that online?

An uproar? Come on everyone knew, more like storm in a teacup.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 2,081
    Hmm, when - and why on earth? - did they start that ridiculous thing of US talk show hosts sitting higher than their guests? It looks nicely normal to have people sit on the same level like that.
    @tanaka123 Oh right. Thanks for the insightful answer. Much appreciated.
  • I love Priyanka, but... What kind of logic is that when it supports a woman to play a male character as a female? And vice versa! Seriously?

Insanity--it's the new normal.

• The_Reaper wrote: »
    It's the fault of the Social Justice Warriors, the worst people alive.

You've got that right. Unchecked, they will destroy us all.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Indeed he did. Him and the producers are still on good terms though.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    jake24 wrote: »
    Indeed he did. Him and the producers are still on good terms though.

It was hardly a secret anyways...
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 4,622
    timmer wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @timmer, I had the exact same ranking until I flipped them, as well.

:)) Some might say we are being harsh, and they might be right, but.different tastes....

I have SF at #24 and SP at #23 as well.
    Maybe we should open a thread for an earnest, even heated debate , about which Mendes film is more deserving of the coveted #23 ranking.
    :P
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @timmer, I'm sure the pro-Mendes camp would adore that thread!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    And once everyone with that ranking posts, the rest of us can take over and start the intervention for them in the same thread. What efficiency!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

For someone who took some time off over negativity on the forum, you don't seem to mind being negative yourself. So he likes the sketch, why do you care so much? We all have different tastes in things.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'm so tired of this Daniel-Craig-Stays-No-Another-Actor-Will-Take-Over-discussion. It really takes the soul out of the Bond franchise. I mean, do fans of Marvel and Mission: Impossible question Robert Downey Jr. or Tom Cruise? Are the press attacking them? Two equally 'bald headed old rotten dinosaurs'. I mean really, can't we just be patient, support the status quo for a moment and ignore all this gossip?

My thoughts exactly. It's why I largely stay out of the rumours threads here. When we get something concrete one way or the other, then we can discuss it.
  • RC7RC7
    Murdock wrote: »

For someone who took some time off over negativity on the forum, you don't seem to mind being negative yourself. So he likes the sketch, why do you care so much? We all have different tastes in things.

Don't get your point.

Don't get your point.

Try harder? It's plain to me, as I was about to post something similar.
  • RC7RC7

Don't get your point.

Try harder? It's plain to me, as I was about to post something similar.

At what point was I negative? It's just the truth speaking. If you were somehow able to beam that clip into the dormant brain of Michael Schumacher it would probably finish him off.