No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Please not Hiddleston for Bond. He's all wrong, far too feminine. He'd be like Brosnan but without the cocky Irish charm.

I could see Turner channelling Dalton - that might work.

Yea maybe Dalton could teach Turner how to act lol.
  • You clearly haven't seen Hiddleston then
  • RC7RC7
    You clearly haven't seen Hiddleston then

Clearly you haven't.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 11,425
    Bring back Dalton! What happened to Warhead 2000?!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The irony is that Dalton or Brosnan could very well be Bond again!!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    +1
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Priyanka Chopra on a female James Bond: 'It would be a big win for women, period'

No, a big win for women would be to leave a well established franchises alone, and actually create mature, compelling and intelligent roles for women of all types, and not just those of a certain age and colour.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Priyanka Chopra on a female James Bond: 'It would be a big win for women, period'

No, a big win for women would be to leave a well established franchises alone, and actually create mature, compelling and intelligent roles for women of all types, and not just those of a certain age and colour.

I couldn't agree more.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

She's just salty that Skyfall didn't film in India.
    edited September 2016 Posts: 15,423
    I love Priyanka, but... What kind of logic is that when it supports a woman to play a male character as a female? And vice versa! Seriously?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    spock-illogical.jpg
    Murdock wrote: »
    spock-illogical.jpg
    what-you-did-there.jpg
    Compared to ALL the so called contenders, I'd be thrilled if it turned out if either The Brozzer or The Daltonator were signed to come back for 3 more films.

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited September 2016 Posts: 4,116

Just like Ghostbusters ....that completely solved all gender inequality across the globe. We live in such a better place.

I don't give a damn if they cast her as Jinx and call it a Bond spin-off. But, it takes a whole lack of logic to say James Bond should be played by a woman. Can we cast a man as Lara Croft?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I don't give a damn if they cast her as Jinx and call it a Bond spin-off. But, it takes a whole lack of logic to say James Bond should be played by a woman. Can we cast a man as Lara Croft?

A man cast as an iconic character meant to be a woman?! Why, how sexist and misogynistic of you, @ClarkDevlin!

That right there is the logic of some people, and why, when it comes to gender roles and arguments around that in regards to entertainment, women are largely given free reign to make a case for themselves and men are called pigs when they do exactly the same thing. A female actress wanting to play a male character can be supported as "good for women" and done in the cause of improving the standing of creative women in the industry, but if a man suggests that an iconic female character could be made male, it's seen as men continuing to conquer acting roles and being unfair to women in the industry. But apparently it's okay for women to do that to men, because males have "had their time" in film and TV, and now it's their turn.

Such is the world.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    This is what progress has come to sadly. Taking something well established and changing it drastically to appeal to a certain demographic.
    Sometimes I hate this effing 21st Century. I often see no respect for classic beloved iconic characters like Bond.
    It's the fault of the Social Justice Warriors, the worst people alive.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Sometimes I hate this effing 21st Century.

Which 21st Century do you like then, if you don't like THIS one?

I think I like the one in Back To The Future 2 better.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO

Oh, my gosh! Yeah, BTTF 2 has a way better future than we're in now.

Oh, my gosh! Yeah, BTTF 2 has a way better future than we're in now.

Maybe Marty and Doc could do us Bond fans a favor, go back to 2014 and make sure that 3rd act of SP gets fixed, and go back to 1991 and make sure Tim gets his 3rd outing?

A man cast as an iconic character meant to be a woman?! Why, how sexist and misogynistic of you, @ClarkDevlin!

That right there is the logic of some people, and why, when it comes to gender roles and arguments around that in regards to entertainment, women are largely given free reign to make a case for themselves and men are called pigs when they do exactly the same thing. A female actress wanting to play a male character can be supported as "good for women" and done in the cause of improving the standing of creative women in the industry, but if a man suggests that an iconic female character could be made male, it's seen as men continuing to conquer acting roles and being unfair to women in the industry. But apparently it's okay for women to do that to men, because males have "had their time" in film and TV, and now it's their turn.

Such is the world.
    I couldn't have demonstrated it any better. Well said, sir.
    I don't think DC will confirm or deny anything in this interview unless Eon make some sort of announcement beforehand?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Dalton and Brosnan as Bond again, you guys are amusing.

Time to move on these guys had their time.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Just not Hiddleston please. No.
    Come on, @4EverBonded. He has the potential to be the next Lazenby. ;)
  • Lazenby was undeniably a man's man. I know he criticised Brosnan for being too feminine for Bond. If Hiddleston gets the part he ain't seen nothing yet.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 11,119
    I'm so tired of this Daniel-Craig-Stays-No-Another-Actor-Will-Take-Over-discussion. It really takes the soul out of the Bond franchise. I mean, do fans of Marvel and Mission: Impossible question Robert Downey Jr. or Tom Cruise? Are the press attacking them? Two equally 'bald headed old rotten dinosaurs'. I mean really, can't we just be patient, support the status quo for a moment and ignore all this gossip?