New members - introduce yourself

Comments

Thanks @jake24, nice to meet you!!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He is just a little kid.

I am 99.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    He is just a little kid.

I am 99.

Yes, but you have that Benjamin Button syndrome, don't you?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It is all of you others who have syndromes.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Hmm...this makes me curious as to what exactly the age distribution is here.

Anyway, hello @Mikah21, from a fellow 21 year old.
    @BMW_with_missiles I'm pretty interested myself! Thankyou, nice to meet a fellow 21 year old. :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I am 31. 32 coming in October D.V.

Welcome @Mikah21!
    @Dragonpol Thankyou, very nice to meet you! Happy 31st for October. :P
    edited August 2016 Posts: 17,804
    Mikah21 wrote: »
    @Dragonpol Thankyou, very nice to meet you! Happy 31st for October. :P

32nd but thank you! It's very nice to meet you too.
    @Dragonpol Bleh, my mind and eyes clearly aren't at 100% right now! Of course, happy 32nd. :))
    @Dragonpol Bleh, my mind and eyes clearly aren't at 100% right now! Of course, happy 32nd. :))

Not to worry. As you seem to be interested in literary Bond you might enjoy a read of my blog. See my profile for the link.
    @Dragonpol Oh, thankyou very much! Yeah, I'm a Creative Writing student looking to read through all the Bond books, so that'll be very handy for me!
    I am 21 x 2 ;)) Welcome @Mikah21
    @fire_and_ice Thanks for the welcome, I feel so young here, bwahaha!!
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 6,432
    @fire_and_ice Thanks for the welcome, I feel so young here, bwahaha!!
    21 feels half a life time away ;)) I think there are quite a few members in there 20's. :)
    Yes, you'll fit in nicely here I'm sure, @Mikah21.
    I definitely hope so, really happy with the warm welcome I've received. :D
  • ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    21 year old girl from Leeds in the UK. :) Studied Goldfinger as part of my Creative Writing course at Uni and then after getting involved in all the hype with Spectre coming out last year, I fell in love with Bond. Nice to meet everyone.
    Nice to meet you @mikah21, and nice to have a fellow Yorkshire.... Erm person! I'm also from Leeds so you're in good company.

Thanks @Chriscoop, Headingley girl here! Always good company when you're around fellow Yorkshire people.
    Born in York myself, Yorkshire is a great county. :)
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    Hello @Mikah21 & welcome to the forum. Yes I recommend @Dragonpols blog. It is exceptionally well written. I don't post comments there because I don't feel worthy of contributing!
    As for ages - please don't ask! I'm retired (but I did retire early from public service).

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I was wondering about all the recent activity in the new members section. And now I can see why. Give the lady some room gents, like a pack of wolves sometimes. ;)
    Forgive them @Mikah21 some of them aren't used to a lot of female company on the forums. But they're all good really. Welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your time here. My name is Bond...James Bond, but everyone calls me Benny.
    Hey @stag , thankyou! I'm going to take a look at @Dragonpols blog today! :D Thanks a lot @Benny, it seems pretty cool so far! Definitely appreciate the warm welcome. :)
    21 year old girl from Leeds in the UK. :) Studied Goldfinger as part of my Creative Writing course at Uni and then after getting involved in all the hype with Spectre coming out last year, I fell in love with Bond. Nice to meet everyone.

"...... a woman"
    @vzok The last time I checked, yes. :D
    As per Holly Goodhead : "Your powers of observation do you credit,Mr vzok".....
    barryt007 wrote: »
    As per Holly Goodhead : "Your powers of observation do you credit,Mr vzok".....

I thought a classic Roger quote would be a better greeting than telling her how old I was, or that I don't live anywhere near Leeds.

• I have been reading these forums for a couple of months & thought I would sign up. I enjoy most Bonds but I think the last three have been clunkers, and I have having doubts that Bond is going to work in the 21st century. I thought CR was excellent but that was from source material. The last 3 have felt like action films with a 'Bond skin'.
    I have been reading these forums for a couple of months & thought I would sign up. I enjoy most Bonds but I think the last three have been clunkers, and I have having doubts that Bond is going to work in the 21st century. I thought CR was excellent but that was from source material. The last 3 have felt like action films with a 'Bond skin'.

Welcome to the forum !!!...introduce yourself to us in the new member thread !
    I have been reading these forums for a couple of months & thought I would sign up. I enjoy most Bonds but I think the last three have been clunkers, and I have having doubts that Bond is going to work in the 21st century. I thought CR was excellent but that was from source material. The last 3 have felt like action films with a 'Bond skin'.

Yes @bleuchamp. The last three films all watchable, very Bondian in parts, some memorable moments in all, but yes sadly, I do concur. Ultimately by my own Bond standards, all three yes do clunk.
    I had SP elevated for a while but have had to drop it.
    22.SP
    23.SF
    24. QoS

I blame the directors.