Die Hard (1988 - present)

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118044428?categoryid=13&cs=1&cmpid=RSS|News|FilmNews

So, who's going to get the role of McClane's son? I sure hope they don't take over anything. Die Hard should end after the sixth film just as Willis wants. And LOL at the link, no one will be taking over Indiana Jones.
    i heard a rumor it was going to be Chris Hardwick

but he's not listed on IMDB as a part of the project - so take it, like any rumor, with a grain of salt..

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0362534/#Actor

Should have called it Die Harder Another Day and use really embarrassing CGI!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    ............................. get out of my house........

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    ............................. get out of my house........

GET OFF MY LAWN........
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2011 Posts: 4,444
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/22091/paul-foster-dano-up-for-die-hard
    ---
    Aaron Paul, Ben Foster, Paul Dano, and Milo Ventimiglia are all said to be testing for the role of John McClane's adopted son in "A Good Day to Die Hard" at 20th Century Fox says Variety.

---

Ben Foster looks the moost on Bruce Willis.
    Aaron Paul mabey, but the last 2 options i can't take serious.. The one from Heroes who iam afraid it going look like to much on the young actor (who playing the boyfriend of McClaine his Daughter) from Die Hard 4.0.

There should consider to change the title in Die Hard 5 (without the zero) or Die Hard Again, as it be now iam afraid in Europe ithe title be Europed again to Die Hard 5.0.. Also The Fast and the Furious 5 (work title) who be titled Fast Five be re-titled in my country to Fast And Furious 5 what sound silly with knowing part 4 is calld Fast & Furious.

What about Pierce Brosnan his son Sean Brosnan
    Having by Pierce Brosnan adopted sister and brother.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0112492/

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/images/localpeople/ugc-images/275778/Article/images/13229790/3137566.png

http://www.panachemag.com/web/beseen/redcrossball/images/Redcrossball_07.jpg

http://www.superiorpics.com/wenn_album/Sean_Brosnan_-_Escaping_Jail/sean_brosnan_001b_110806.jpg

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Like I've said before: at this rate, Die Hard 6 HAS to take place in space. If they choose to do a Die Hard 7, it will have to involve McClane taking out terrorists on Mars.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118044428?categoryid=13&cs=1&cmpid=RSS|News|FilmNews

And LOL at the link, no one will be taking over Indiana Jones.
    Thank God for that! I can't even imagine how bad that would be...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    McClane's son will be played by one of these four actors:

Liam Hemsworth
    Aaron Paul
    James Badge Dale
    D.J. Cotrona

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/die-hard-search-for-bruce-williss-son-down-to-four-actors/
    I am surprisingly optimistic about this one the plot seems more down to earth and if done right it could be more Die hard then Live free or die hard (though I like that film too it's not as good as the original).
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Risico007 wrote:
    I am surprisingly optimistic about this one the plot seems more down to earth and if done right it could be more Die hard then Live free or die hard (though I like that film too it's not as good as the original).

I agree, I liked live free or die hard but its still not as good as the originals. The next one being set in a prison seems like they've scaled back, like they're going back to the series' roots.
  • I'm gonna go see this movie for 2 reasons:

1.) I loved the other 4.
    2.) I love the title.

couldn't have put it better myself
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    As long as John McTiernan returns for the last one, that would be ace. A great way to end the series. Not too sure about John Moore personally. Just look at his past work.
    i have enjoyed the die hard films. Overall i enjoyed the third one best just because of the humour between Willis and Jackson
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 7,653
    I enjoy the DH movies because of John McClane played by Bruce Willis.
    I think the fourth one lacked a bit of Mclaine-ness, it didn't really seem like Bruce was playing the same character as before, it was all toned down. I love the first three and the fourth was still quite fun despite the above complaints.

Maybe the next one could be called Live and Let Die Hard.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Live and Let Die Hard... Hmm... No. If we do that, then Die Hard Another Day or Tomorrow Never Dies Hard will be after that. Or, if we take Bond book titles: Win, Lose or Die Hard (that one's not that bad) or Never Dream of Dying Hard or Double or Die Hard.

No, Die Hard 6 should be: One Last Time to Die Hard.
    And with each film expanding, where would you set the final one? I'd scale it right back down again personally. One Last Time to Die Hard, not a bad title.
    edited January 2012 Posts: 4,399
    i agree @Samuel001... i would like to see it scaled back... pull back on those reigns a bit before it gets too out of control.... and ideally - i would like to see the series come back full circle in terms of setting... let the last one be on Christmas again.. why the hell not? lol.. the first 2 were, and now we'll have 3 that aren't.. wrap it all up with a heartwarming return to some yuletide bullets and explosions ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    HASEROT wrote:
    i agree @Samuel001... i would like to see it scaled back... pull back on those reigns a bit before it gets too out of control.... and ideally - i would like to see the series come back full circle in terms of setting... let the last one be on Christmas again.. why the hell not? lol.. the first 2 were, and now we'll have 3 that aren't.. wrap it all up with a heartwarming return to some yuletide bullets and explosions ;)

Die Hard: With A Vengeance wasn't set during Christmas, but it had many Christmas references.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Samuel001 wrote:
    And with each film expanding, where would you set the final one? I'd scale it right back down again personally. One Last Time to Die Hard, not a bad title.

I'd like to see them scale it back too. I had an idea not long ago for a die hard film set in the worlds tallest building, but then I found out mission impossible were using it. For the final one.... idk, maybe a big cruise ship is taken over because its carrying something/somebody valuble, and mcclane just happens to be onboard with his newly re-married wife holly on a 2nd honeymoon.
    I'd also guess, Fox may aim the last Die Hard for 2018, being 30 years since the first and set at Christmas of course, may be the best thing that could ever be done. And bring back McClane 's wife as well as Lucy and the son. It would be great to see the family together. And chuck in Al while you're at it.

EDIT: On their honeymoon. Good idea @thelivingroyale.

Talking about these films makes me want to watch them again. I may do two per day over the weekend if I have the time.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    I'd also guess, Fox may aim the last Die Hard for 2018, being 30 years since the first and set at Christmas of course, may be the best thing that could ever be done. And bring back McClane 's wife as well as Lucy and the son. It would be great to see the family together. And chuck in Al while you're at it.

EDIT: On their honeymoon. Good idea @thelivingroyale.

Talking about these films makes me want to watch them again. I may do two per day over the weekend if I have the time.

For christmas I got a blue-ray player and the die hard boxset of my girlfriend so I recently saw them all again. Still love em. And I think it would also be a great idea to have the last one 30 years later. If grubers brother hadn't already been used the revenge idea would've been perfect for the last one, especially at christmas on the anniversary of hans' death.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Question, LFODH was called die hard 4.0 here in the UK, does anybody know if AGDTDH will be called die hard 5 or die hard 5.0
    Maybe just A Good Day To Die Hard. People at least here in the UK, would understand that title compared to Live Free Or Die Hard.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    Maybe just A Good Day To Die Hard. People at least here in the UK, would understand that title.

I hope they just keep the title A good day to die hard, I don't like it when a film has different titles in different countries
    I like how on the commentary of the latest film Willis and Wiseman mock the Live Free Or Die Hard choice. Not only was Die Hard 4.0 better but as you said, one title for every country is enough.
    James Badge Dale may be out of the running for the role of McClane's son. He looks set to join The Lone Ranger instead:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/james-badge-dale-saddling-up-to-play-lone-rangers-brother/

Fox will now widen the search for that character, so it's not just from the three choices currently left. Meanwhile, the film will begin filming the last week of April in Budapest and Moscow.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    The Swedish actor Mikael Persbrandt has test filmed for the main villain in the movie. It's still unclear if he got the role, but the main shooting are about to kick off now in January.
    Can't find a english link for it yet..
    Production was due to start this month but it's been pushed back to the last week of April.

Casting news and all that should be coming soon.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Thank you thank you thank you! My usual source Empire has been slack on this movie as of late, so its good that you guys are here to keep me filled in.

I liked JBD, just wish things could work out.