The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    vzok wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    vzok wrote: »
    Well Bond is seen taking tablets, so he didn't escape scott free. He has a massive headache.

Aww, that must have been terrible for him.

His hair never grew again after that either.

That explains that!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,423
    I remember someone once asked what kind of a watch was it on Bond's wrist when he was preparing to drive the DB-5 at the end of Spectre.

Well, we've got our answer here:
    http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/vintage-omega-chronograph-caliber-321
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Beautiful watch.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    In page 167 of the great Some Kind of Hero, it is said that Connery made a voice-cameo in A Countess from Hong Kong.

Can someone confirm this? Where?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    ggl007 wrote: »
    In page 167 of the great Some Kind of Hero, it is said that Connery made a voice-cameo in A Countess from Hong Kong.

Can someone confirm this? Where?

Bumping this. Anybody? I think this is a tough one...
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited August 2016 Posts: 3,675
    How do these 2 cards leave Bond with a 9? The Croupier is heard to say neuf after it. WXRbPTu.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    What film is that from? Are you sure he doesn t say "neuf a la banque" ?
    It's from For Your Eyes Only. He might say "neuf a la banque". Isn't the person with the shoe the bank?
    Yes. Does Bond win or lose? I haven t seen it in ages.
    Bond wins. And that disappoints Pierce Brosnan's wife.
    If so, the whole scene is very strange indeed.
    Although Bond always wins in the end! ;)

It is indeed Cassandra Harris. So Bond has the shoe, and the Croupier says "neuf a la banque", which means he has 9. But how can Bond have 9 if he has a King and a 5?

It is indeed Cassandra Harris. So Bond has the shoe, and the Croupier says "neuf a la banque", which means he has 9. But how can Bond have 9 if he has a King and a 5?
    I am sure someone in the production crew needed to see an oculist. :))
    No wonder Bond wins so much with all those drunken croupiers around.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,686
    On the same subject, someone should explain why Graves challenges Bond on a sword game of 3 hits, which he wins 2 to 0, so why is he offering Bond the chance to continue?
    He must be poor at math.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DaltonCraig007, I mentioned the same thing about a month or so back: best of three and Graves wins the first two, so there really is no way to continue.
    That's just typical of the writing and writers behind DAD in total.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Just a tiny continuity error I guess. And there was I thinking DAD was completely flawless in every way.

Still it's only a small thing and not enough to spoil my enjoyment of Jinx, the invisible car and the tsunami.
    There s always one...
    On the same subject, someone should explain why Graves challenges Bond on a sword game of 3 hits, which he wins 2 to 0, so why is he offering Bond the chance to continue?

Continue with the next challenge maybe?
  • In AVTAK when Bond is taken away with tibbet in the car, a very audible voice says (I think) 'mind that door'. Interestingly the subtitles translate is as 'aux chateaux'.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Yes the subtitles thing is always fun. When I did the Moneypenny statistic I actually watched the clips with subtitles so I would get the dialogue right.

To my utter dismay, the subtitles didn't fit MPs dialogue in many places, sometimes it was little things like: is is /it's ...but sometimes words were exchanged for different words in the subtitles.

I think they should really be more accurate with those. After all there are people depending on the subtitles!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I was thinking about it when discussing Bond with @Creasy47... Is SP the only film where Bond does not receive a fully sanctioned mission by MI6 at any point in the film?
    edited August 2016 Posts: 15,686
    @Birdleson that's true, but M does ask Bond to carry out his assignment in Istanbul before firing him. Even if he didn't follow his orders, he did have some kind of mission. In SP he has none at any point in the film.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited August 2016 Posts: 9,117
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I was thinking about it when discussing Bond with @Creasy47... Is SP the only film where Bond does not receive a fully sanctioned mission by MI6 at any point in the film?

LTK.

Does 'You were supposed to be in Istanbul last night?' count?

And OHMSS? It's all Bond's doing - M wants to take him off the case and at the end M strictly forbids him to attack Piz Gloria.
    You could argue the London climax is sanctioned by M, but technically M, MP and Q were all fired by Denbigh while Bond was in the crater, so it's not MI6 sanctionned.
    @TheWizardOfIce I did say 'at any point in the film'. What is Bond's official mission in SP? M does not assign him anything apart from standing down from all operations.
    His mission was assigned by Dead M