I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    One from each film off the top of my head: the car keys in CR, the hotel keys in QoS, the laptop in SF, and the box of personal items from Skyfall in SP.

@Creasy47, we've had many fun discussions on this aspect of the Craig era before. My favorites of the era (so far):

CR- During the opening chase where, on top of the crane, Bond intercepts Mollaka's gun toss and sends the firearm coming right back at the bomb maker's face. Such a cool moment that hits home fast how badass Craig's Bond is.

QoS- Bond throwing the keys with wild abandon once in the hotel room as he begins to seduce Fields. I love how nonchalant and care free Bond is as he does this, and how he doesn't even have the energy to do a proper seduction job on her, and just cuts to the chase from the get-go.

SF- During the Skyfall finale, where Bond throws his father's gun to the side while going through the door of the home, before launching a rifle into his hands using just his foot seconds later. Every time I watch this I am in wonder of how Dan actually did it.

SP- Bond throws his gun off the bridge at the end of the London finale, saying goodbye to it and possibly his old life as he walks to Madeleine.

Honorable mention for SP is also where Bond pours himself and Lucia a drink, then sends both glasses shattering to the floor with force when she refuses to answer his questions. A great moment of Bond showing his hair-thin trigger.
    Troy wrote: »
    Ludovico wrote: »
    The way Hinx kills that guy at the Spectre meeting is the same method used by The Mountain to kill the Red Viper. Given that the last actor to play the Mountain was rumoured to play Hinx I wonder if that might have been intentional.

Thanks! Just watching GoT box set series 4.... :(( ~X(

Well a year after release I thought I didn't have to put spoiler alert.
    Just watching FYEO and pretty much the whole time Bond is in Cortina he wears the same blue jacket, which has a nice B on the zip. I'm guessing it stands for Berghaus but it could also stand for Bond.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    He also throws a bottle at Hinx during the train fight.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited July 2016 Posts: 3,675
    yogi1 wrote: »
    Just watching FYEO and pretty much the whole time Bond is in Cortina he wears the same blue jacket, which has a nice B on the zip. I'm guessing it stands for Berghaus but it could also stand for Bond.

The B does not stand for Bond (as I once thought too), but for Bogner. Willy Bogner worked on many of the ski scenes for this film and OHMSS. He has his own clothing line.
    CR- During the opening chase where, on top of the crane, Bond intercepts Mollaka's gun toss and sends the firearm coming right back at the bomb maker's face. Such a cool moment that hits home fast how badass Craig's Bond is.

In the CR script there's a line from Bond to Mollaka:
    "Learn to count."
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    yogi1 wrote: »

It stands for Bogner, the ski wear label designed by Bond legend Willy Bogner.

I know from painful personal experience; it's frighteningly expensive and Mrs Wizard raped the Kitzbuhel store last winter.

I couldn't even be that pissed off because of the Bond connection.
    I was aware of Willy Bogner but not his own brand of clothing, thank you for filling me in.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I noticed that recently as well. He also wears one in the PTS of AVTAK and even post Bond he enjoys a Willy Bogner jacket.
    english-actor-roger-moore-poses-on-a-snowy-mountain-circa-1990-picture-id79926718
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    stag wrote: »
    While watching DAF I noticed that while the moon buggy is being chased one of its wheels comes off & rolls towards the camera.

... and is then magically back on the buggy a few seconds later.

One of the many dismal editing moments in DAF.

Murdock wrote: »
    I noticed that recently as well. He also wears one in the PTS of AVTAK and even post Bond he enjoys a Willy Bogner jacket.
    english-actor-roger-moore-poses-on-a-snowy-mountain-circa-1990-picture-id79926718

Obviously to suggest Rog gets free reign of the Gstaad store in exchange for being photographed wearing Willy's clobber would be presumptuous. I'm sure he pays full price every time.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    One from each film off the top of my head: the car keys in CR, the hotel keys in QoS, the laptop in SF, and the box of personal items from Skyfall in SP.

@Creasy47, we've had many fun discussions on this aspect of the Craig era before. My favorites of the era (so far):

QoS- Bond throwing the keys with wild abandon once in the hotel room as he begins to seduce Fields. I love how nonchalant and care free Bond is as he does this, and how he doesn't even have the energy to do a proper seduction job on her, and just cuts to the chase from the get-go.

SF- During the Skyfall finale, where Bond throws his father's gun to the side while going through the door of the home, before launching a rifle into his hands using just his foot seconds later. Every time I watch this I am in wonder of how Dan actually did it.

SP- Bond throws his gun off the bridge at the end of the London finale, saying goodbye to it and possibly his old life as he walks to Madeleine.

Honorable mention for SP is also where Bond pours himself and Lucia a drink, then sends both glasses shattering to the floor with force when she refuses to answer his questions. A great moment of Bond showing his hair-thin trigger.

Don't forget the door handle to the bathroom at the opera in QOS.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    In The Living Daylights PTS, the imposter is looking down the mountain as he cuts the rope, which Bond witnesses at a lower vantage point. When Bond goes to the bottom of the mountain face to inspect the body of his fallen comrade, the imposter is below Bond despite starting from an elevated position and engaging with the Gibraltar guards.
    Mansfield wrote: »
    In The Living Daylights PTS, the imposter is looking down the mountain as he cuts the rope, which Bond witnesses at a lower vantage point. When Bond goes to the bottom of the mountain face to inspect the body of his fallen comrade, the imposter is below Bond despite starting from an elevated position and engaging with the Gibraltar guards.

Except Bond doesn't inspect the body of the fallen 004 at the bottom he inspects the body of the shot SAS man at the top. One is wearing khaki one is wearing black fatigues.
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Oh right, that is true.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    First time I've watched TMWTGG in years and noticed in the title sequence a naked model has two little ornaments superimposed over her breasts and bush, but the bush one isn't actually hiding anything!

Then I noticed the girl in the swimming pool at Hai Fat's place is completely starkers and displaying a 'bit of bush'....good old high definition!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    To be honest, I noticed Chew Mee long, long ago.
    Teenage boys miss nothing ! :D

You can't miss it if you keep pausing the tape.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2016 Posts: 7,969
    Just realised that when Bond says:

"that'll keep you in curry for a few weeks."

...He's talking to the waiter from The Spy Who Loved Me.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    IMO I think older Bond movies are a little too difficult to understand but that's just my opinion.

I actually think the newer Bond films from the 1980s onwards actually complicate things more (often quite needlessly) rather than the older Bond films of the 1960s and 1970s, but each to their own of course! Discussion here would be very dull if we all thought the same! :)
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    IMO I think older Bond movies are a little too difficult to understand but that's just my opinion.

I actually think the newer Bond films from the 1980s onwards actually complicate things more (often quite needlessly) rather than the older Bond films of the 1960s and 1970s, but each to their own of course! Discussion here would be very dull if we all thought the same! :)

Absolutely! TLD, TWINE and QOS are the most convoluted plots in the series, imo.
    Dr No has the most simple plot ever!
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Absolutely! TLD, TWINE and QOS are the most convoluted plots in the series, imo.

Yes, and a lot of it is down to bad writing rather than Le Carre-esque complexity.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    Was watching avtak last night, apart RM s arthritis, I have never noticed how staceys emerge from zorins flooded mine in her white dress before. She last seen climbing up the ladder in a zorin boilersuit.
    Mayday catches up with her and grabs hold of the boiler suit. Which Stacy wriggles out
    of to escape.
    Must have missed that :-? Its been a while since I've seen it tbh not one of my favourites but still enjoyable and I try to never miss a bond film when they are on tv.
    I hope you haven't reached that stage in life, when you start to
    nod off, near the end. ;)
    Ha not quite, and never during a bond film. I have been known to drop off during some of the dross my wife infects my tvs with.....tho that is a skill I've honed over many years.
    Chriscoop wrote: »
    Ha not quite, and never during a bond film. I have been known to drop off during some of the dross my wife infects my tvs with.....tho that is a skill I've honed over many years.

Haha.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Don't forget the door handle to the bathroom at the opera in QOS.
    A few similar moments from CR:
    --at the Ocean Club, when Bond looks for the security DVD that Dimitrios is on, he flips through the discs BAM, BAM, BAM, BAM. No time to do anything half-assed.
    --and at the start of the torture scene, henchman Kratt quickly whips out his butterfly knife, during which I swear I could almost hear the sound effects like in a Kung Fu movie, and he furiously carves the seat out of the cane-bottomed chair. Like The Wolf said in Pulp Fiction, "I'm talkin' fast, fast, fast."
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England

An image that stayed with me long after seeing the film as 14-year-old (still the best thing in the whole movie!).