I've never noticed that before...

Comments

Just watching TMWTGG with its "energy crisis" subtext (1974). M says "Coal and oil will soon be depleted". And here we are now with an oil glut and oil prices down again today.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    To be honest, I noticed Chew Mee long, long ago.
    Teenage boys miss nothing ! :D

An image that stayed with me long after seeing the film as 14-year-old (still the best thing in the whole movie!).

And as to underline, she asks Bond to join her. As he responds that he's got no swimsuit she says 'neither do i'..

DAF opens with a Japanese wall, the same kind of wall through which DAF's Blofeld died in YOLT as Henderson..
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes, I've read the theory that DAF happens after YOLT, and Bond is out for
    revenge for the death of Aki, so OHMSS can be conveniently forgotten. ;)
    ( Not my me, as it's my favourite Bond film )
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Yes, I've read the theory that DAF happens after YOLT, and Bond is out for
    revenge for the death of Aki, so OHMSS can be conveniently forgotten. ;)
    ( Not my me, as it's my favourite Bond film )

In that way it's just the same as Goldeneye then, with 006 presumably killed, just to end up beeing the bad guy. Never thought about it that way..

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    When Oddjob turns off the road to kill Solo there's a small jump cut.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I've seen TWINE many times this year, but it wasn't until watching it again today that I realized that Brosnan is now the same age as Dr. Arkov (63 years old), so his cover won't be blown anymore!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I've seen TWINE many times this year, but it wasn't until watching it again today that I realized that Brosnan is now the same age as Dr. Arkov (63 years old), so his cover won't be blown anymore!
    I noticed that too! It's strange to think about.
    I sometimes think it's funny when looking at a favoured Bond and working out
    how young I was when I first watched it. :)
    Ha, even Denise Richards might be convincing as a nuclear scientist.. :-P
    Well she could fly a star ship ;) although first time out she
    Destroyed it ! :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Birdleson, that's the nature of the internet, I'm afraid. Some think they're an authority on everything.
    "Not really for this thread, but I refuse to go back on any of the political threads (many on their "there" seem grossly misinformed, yet have a lot to say). From Birdleson.

Only the Enlightened ones, should be allowed to discuss, such matters :))
    Oh, in that case, I withdraw my comment. ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Before Bond and Moon crash through the gate at the end of the DAD PTS, we see two symbols on either door of the gate; they've never really stood out to me before, but when I last watched it and caught them, I realized they look very similar to the Pepsi logo.
    Would they be a variation on the yin and yang symbols ?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Looks like a yin/yang variant, with Pepsi colors.
    Must, keep an eye out for it next time.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    That would just leave me and the Mormon Jesus.
    Have you read 'the second coming' by John J. Niven? You'd be more then happy to converse with that incarnation. And God is pretty cool too.
    Perhaps we can have an international imaginary friend gathering. Saves travel costs and perhaps those guys can get world peace working. Imaginary, of course, but it's a start....
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @Birdleson, good catch. That is cool.
    There is a limited edition white cat, you can stick on your car window. ;)
  • RareJamesBondFanRareJamesBondFan Touch it. You can touch it if you want.
    I just noticed Judi Dench's cameo in SPECTRE, pretty cool if you look closely
    :)) yes it's easy to miss.
    The white cat and Jdiu Dench both have white hair is ithis a conidicnece? :)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    The white cat and Jdiu Dench both have white hair is ithis a conidicnece? :)

No. Remember the bulldog on M's desk? Dogs and cats don't live together. If Bond is the dog, then that means...

I admit it's subtle, but it's there. Kinda explains how M knows so many Bond villains over the years.
    Not to mention all the cat hair in her last scene in QOS
    There's also a drone buzzing around in the window behind RAplh FIneenes M when he's giving speech about drone. I think this was foreshadowing for the original drone attack finale detailed in the Sony leaks.
  • edited July 2016 Posts: 1,296
    Hmm there is no need to be rude about set desing @Rare, but to me the last scene at the end of that Craigqul always reminded me and I'm not trying to step on any toes or offend a snowmaker or set designer or weather maker but, it's always been to me that it looked like there was dandruff everywhere.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Birdleson wrote: »
    The first we see of Blofeld's Oil Rig Base in DAF is an aerial shot. As the camera swoops in and around we can see a solitary figure sweeping up the helipad. Hard to be sure at that distance put he appears to be actually making contact about as much as the fella sweeping up the docks in QOS.

Confirmed: The QoS dock sweeper was Forster's homage to DAF.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I noticed how 2 Connery films 'announce' the main location of their immediate successor:

Dr No proposes turkish cigars to Bond (FRWL is set mainly in Istanbul), and Pussy Galore mentions she want to retire to the Bahamas (which is TB's main location).

Probably means nothing, but it's pretty cool.