The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Didn't the compound run off fuel cells in QoS? It's not a stretch to believe that it'll blow up and burn nicely when destroyed.

My thoughts exactly. I've even done some work myself with Hydrogen (amateur inventor here) and I can attest to its volatility. It does burn with a nearly invisible flame though (a barely visible purple), but everything else in the surroundings burning could add the classic orange flame color.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've also seen people note the construction site explosion in CR (where the guy falls and his tank lands and combusts next to him) as a goof, but in reality, the explosion it produces is equivalent to what would happen in reality.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I have crashed several cars, so glad we don t use movie petrol here.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,586
    More of a production question.

Does anyone know if Barbara Broccoli's daughter, Angelica, is involved in the making of the films?
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    edited June 2016 Posts: 2,667
    Has there ever been any explanation or suggestion as to how Hamilton's body is 'magically' picked up by the coffin in the PTS of LALD? I can't even see how they'd fake it in 1973!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    There's a powerful groin clamp. ;)
    " That'll bring tears to your eyes "
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    The pts of YOLT..how did Bond survive? The blood, bulletholes, etc
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    I still love it, though.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Oh I love it too. I'm watching it now, at the safecrack at Osatos office, but it still makes zero sense
    Everything was faked, that's how, just like Bond's assassination of the KGB chief in TLD. The bed was reinforced with steel, and the blood was fake.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'd like to think the girl, the assassins AND a few key members of the police were in it. They weren't fooling themselves, only feeding the public false information.
    The regular police officers other than their commander, I believe, were to be convinced...
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    What's a Bond fan to do if "Bond on Set: Filming Quantum of Solace" book is going for $200 used on Amazon. Anybody willing to send me some scans?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    What's a Bond fan to do if "Bond on Set: Filming Quantum of Solace" book is going for $200 used on Amazon. Anybody willing to send me some scans?

I see it's going for around $124 on ebay. That's a bit better, I guess.

I see it's going for around $124 on ebay. That's a bit better, I guess.

Still a bit out of my price range :( That bugs me. I have all the others. I don't see this price going anywhere but up. Thank you anyway.
    Ugh.. I'm pathetic. Out of my price range my butt. I just bought it. I hate my life. Anyway, I had another question: Whatever happened to Ellie Goulding's song "Spy"?
    I wonder if the whole Quantum of Solace main title sequence by MK12 without any credits exists. Does it?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

The very same could be said of Skyfall of course.

Dragonpol wrote: »

The very same could be said of Skyfall of course.

Bond used fake blood, and the bed itself was bulletproof, I suppose. SF, on the other hand, isn't a staged death; it just doesn't make sense at all.
    In many Bond title sequences of the past, I've seen Bond doing back flips and
    Spins, so I'm guessing he's secretly a trained gymnast. So he could easily
    Have survived a fall from that height. :P :D
    Gymnast or not, you're not surviving two gunshots and a head-first fall from that height.
    I agree, it just makes no sense.
    In the movies magic happens. ;)
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Gymnast or not, you're not surviving two gunshots and a head-first fall from that height.
    He had a gadget called cheatcodes box and activated the God Mode. ;)
    Well Bond is seen taking tablets, so he didn't escape scott free. He has a massive headache.
    It also explains why his suit shrunk. :D
    I forgot he is spending every night down the pub with that scorpion, so that would give him a headache right there.
    Although that girl with the ping pong balls, had an Interesting act. ;)
    vzok wrote: »
    Well Bond is seen taking tablets, so he didn't escape scott free. He has a massive headache.

Aww, that must have been terrible for him.
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    vzok wrote: »

Aww, that must have been terrible for him.

His hair never grew again after that either.