Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Getafix wrote:
    can u leave the forum and delete your profile?

You can leave the forum but your profile remains.
    there is no way to canel online registration?
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Getafix wrote:
    there is no way to canel online registration?

No.
    poor show
    i guess u could deliberately get yourself blocked by the mods.
    That sounds like a great idea...
    thanks. i get the message. be nice to brossa or stay out.
    You clearly didn't. I meant, deliberately getting blocked by the mods is a stupid thing to do.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,894
    Getafix wrote:
    thanks. i get the message. be nice to brossa or stay out.

If you don't like Brosnan that's fine, but respect the fact that there are memebrs here who do like him. And it's not a case of like Brosnan or leave, as if it were, then I wouldn't be here.

i don't even dislike brossa generally. just as bond. some people get very tetchy about even suggesting he had faults. oh well.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    You clearly didn't. I meant, deliberately getting blocked by the mods is a stupid thing to do.

not if u want to leave but there is no way to do so.
    How about not signing in or visiting the site?
    not possible. too addictive. i wanted sure fire way to prevent me accessing the site.
    Ha, ha! Then stay, play nice, hope everyone else does and we should all get along fine. :)
    can i request the mods block me voluntarily? there is at least one that would happily oblige as he loves brossa and i have annoyed him by saying GE sucks.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    We can talk about it. Please open a ticket here: http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/support/open.php?tid=13
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Getafix wrote:
    can i request the mods block me voluntarily? there is at least one that would happily oblige as he loves brossa and i have annoyed him by saying GE sucks.

Wow you're dramatic. Some people got upset with you and now you wish to leave? Ok, don't handle it maturely or anything...It was a short time knowing you, shadow Jr. Good riddance.
    I've found a bug, but I'm not sure if it's been reported. Sometimes I get a little semi-transpartent grey box floating over the "MI6 HQ" tab at the top of the page, with a white X accompanying it just above and two the right. Clicking on the X makes the box disappear (I have no idea what clicking the box does), but it makes the forum loading times slow right down. Clicking on a link to another pages makes the box disappear without affecting anything. I was initially concerned that it was me and that I had some malware, but I've only ever seen it on this site, and I've only ever seen it floating over the MI6 HQ tab. Closing the box (instead of following a link) does not affect the loading times of other tabs or windows that I have open in Firefox.
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Could I just double check the email to get in contact with MI6 please? Is it:

[email protected] ?
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Yep
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    JamesPage wrote:
    Yep

OK, thanks @JamesPage. I misplaced it and wanted to be sure I had it correct.

Lots of messages on the way then, LOL. =))
  • Would it be possible at some stage to introduce an automatic logout for say, when any participant remains inactive and signed in for a certain amount of time, maybe an hour would be a good figure. Sometimes I have found I have been busy in discussions and for whatever reason was unable to continue or log out even and when I return at a later date I find I am still logged in. Maybe it could be considered sometime that after a 60 minute inactive time for any participant there could be an automatic logout for them when they are unable to do it for themselves. This could be a worthwhile feature.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    just a quick question, every time somebody makes a new post on a thread that I have bookmarked, and I click the thread, it always goes to page 1. I thought it was set up to go the the newest post?
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    It goes to page one if there are no new posts.
    the thing is, it is showing me on the right hand side that there are new posts though. I don't get it, but when I click on that bookmark, it brings me right to page 1. Like when I saw a response to this topic I click the bookmark and it brought me to page 1.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    Ah, we had to modify the source code of the forum to get the pagination to work - we'll look at modifying the bookmarking system to make that work in the same fashion next time we have a major update.
    Does anybody have an answer about this?
    I've found a bug, but I'm not sure if it's been reported. Sometimes I get a little semi-transpartent grey box floating over the "MI6 HQ" tab at the top of the page, with a white X accompanying it just above and two the right. Clicking on the X makes the box disappear (I have no idea what clicking the box does), but it makes the forum loading times slow right down. Clicking on a link to another pages makes the box disappear without affecting anything. I was initially concerned that it was me and that I had some malware, but I've only ever seen it on this site, and I've only ever seen it floating over the MI6 HQ tab. Closing the box (instead of following a link) does not affect the loading times of other tabs or windows that I have open in Firefox.

• MI6MI6 Administrator
    We've been trying unsuccessfully to recreate the issue. When you next see the pop up box could you take a screen shot of it and send it to [email protected] - many thanks.
    MI6 wrote:
    Ah, we had to modify the source code of the forum to get the pagination to work - we'll look at modifying the bookmarking system to make that work in the same fashion next time we have a major update.

Great, thanks!
    Tried to change my Thumbnail view of my profile picture... and failed. Is there a problem with the function?
This discussion has been closed.