No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    OMG+girl.gif
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    So Rothman thinks he has 'cultural excitement' on his hands with Ghostbusters? Interesting point of view.

I'm intrigued by his 'international' perspective and focus. Assuming they get the Bond rights, that could impact the amount they invest (since Bond is bigger globally in comparison to domestic) and what kind of film we end up with, creatively.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited June 2016 Posts: 4,116
    bondjames wrote: »
    So Rothman thinks he has 'cultural excitement' on his hands with Ghostbusters? Interesting point of view.

I'm intrigued by his 'international' perspective and focus. Assuming they get the Bond rights, that could impact the amount they invest (since Bond is bigger globally in comparison to domestic) and what kind of film we end up with, creatively.

True. And even though I usually don't see breaks as beneficial to EoN this half year hiatus pending talks may indeed be a productive time to regroup.

Would explain why no statement from Craig or EoN because as @RC7 said or somewhat said nothing has indeed happened or changed per se. Just on hold.

Not sure as an outsider how to take the rumors of screen tests.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    Looks like the EU referendum has finally begun tonight.

If I can challenge all of you, in style of the EU referendum:

Me and Group 1 (in addition, Groups 3/4) will be team Disney (being like the Remain campaign)
    Red Snow and Group 2 will be team WB (being like the Leave campaign)

I'll be for fun right?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, this will give EON the time to come up with a story idea and flesh it out as much as they can if Dan's waiting in the wings for a script before deciding. With the Brexit situation boiling, you can guarantee that Dan, Barbara and Michael have talked lately, at the very least, and those conversations no doubt included Bond in some capacity.
    If the rumors are true of the Mad Men writer starting work on some form of story already (likely not backdated to the '60s, though), perhaps that's exactly what's planned @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    If the rumors are true of the Mad Men writer starting work on some form of story already (likely not backdated to the '60s, though), perhaps that's exactly what's planned @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Where'd you hear this, @JWESTBROOK?
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 1,661
    That Sony guy said no discussions on the future of Bond so it's not credible to think any actor (including Tom Hiddleston) has been signed up for the role. Why would Eon offer the role before a definite or near definite release date is determined for Bond 25? It's not credible. I don't know where Graham Rye gets his 'insider' info from but I doubt it's a credible source. He probably just read it from some unreliable website.

Next Bond actor announced summer or autumn 2017 (assuming Craig is gone). I think that's more credible than anything Graham Rye states as (alleged) 'fact.' Tom Hiddleston has not been offered the role. I'd put money no actor has been offered it. Perhaps there's been some informal interviews - it's possible B Broccoli has chatted with the likes of Hiddleston and Bell - but I doubt any actor has been offered the role. In a year's time we'll be much closer to the name of the next James Bond actor!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Looks like the EU referendum has finally begun tonight.

If I can challenge all of you, in style of the EU referendum:

Me and Group 1 (in addition, Groups 3/4) will be team Disney (being like the Remain campaign)
    Red Snow and Group 2 will be team WB (being like the Leave campaign)

I'll be for fun right?

When your posts drive people to gouge their own eyes out 'fun' is not the word I would use.

How about a referendum should @Disney remain or leave? I'll be Nigel Farage.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Nigel you have my vote in this case.
    They have no excuse not to work on a script while they wait for studio negotiations to start
  • re: Matthew Weiner as future Bond writer.

Originally mentioned here:

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/611241/007-return-heyday-era-1960s
    Man, I was hoping there was a reliable source claiming Weiner's involvement. Instead, that's just another article slapped together with random statements and some random and likely fabricated MGM quotes.

Weiner would've have been a dream writer, not so much for his Mad Men work, but for his Sopranos involvement. If he can write about the mob, he could do an awesome script with SPECTRE wreaking havoc around Bond.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    That Sony guy said no discussions on the future of Bond so it's not credible to think any actor (including Tom Hiddleston) has been signed up for the role. Why would Eon offer the role before a definite or near definite release date is determined for Bond 25? It's not credible. I don't know where Graham Rye gets his 'insider' info from but I doubt it's a credible source. He probably just read it from some unreliable website.

Next Bond actor announced summer or autumn 2017 (assuming Craig is gone). I think that's more credible than anything Graham Rye states as (alleged) 'fact.' Tom Hiddleston has not been offered the role. I'd put money no actor has been offered it. Perhaps there's been some informal interviews - it's possible B Broccoli has chatted with the likes of Hiddleston and Bell - but I doubt any actor has been offered the role. In a year's time we'll be much closer to the name of the next James Bond actor!

Unless of course we get all the way to the fall/winter of 2017 and then the announcement " Next James Bond film DELAYED indefinitely" appears. Everything in this situation is so 50/50.
    I really have a hard time buying any of the rumors until an official press release from Eon occurs. Otherwise it's all wishful thinking.
    Funny--one minute we get an article implying MGM may release B25 on their own, another that Hiddleston is confirmed to be in talks to replace Craig, and another from SONY saying discussions regarding another Bond film haven't even commenced. Yet there has been nothing whatsoever from Eon regarding Bond 25. Optimistically, I'd love to believe that some development on the next film is underway, but since DAD every other film has been preceded with the headlines: "next James Bond film delayed".
    However, we still have a week left of June for that remote possibility we may get an announcement...............
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    I wasn't overly impressed by Hiddles in the Night Manager but there are worse choices out there.

Yeah, Rupert Friend for one!

Why no Rupert Friend for you?

Just can't see him as Bond. No, not for me.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Jeffrey wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    I wasn't overly impressed by Hiddles in the Night Manager but there are worse choices out there.

Yeah, Rupert Friend for one!

Why no Rupert Friend for you?

Just can't see him as Bond. No, not for me.
    But, he's still better than any of the rest of the candidates.
    Ugh, no thanks.
    If you've seen Rupert Friend in anything you'll know he'd make a good Bond.
  • SasSas
    Maybe they can ask Anthony Horowitz as a writer. He wrote the latest James Bond novel and he is also a screenwriter.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Yea I wish they had given Horowitz Logan's paper waste script to fix instead of the Wonder Twins.

I think Horowitz said in an interview that he either presented EoN a script use or was approached to write a script back before Craig.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Yea I wish they had given Horowitz Logan's paper waste script to fix instead of the Wonder Twins.

I think Horowitz said in an interview that he either presented EoN a script use or was approached to write a script back before Craig.

And now he is writing bond novels interesting....

As for any future bond after seeing X-Men Apoclypse yes Fassbender needs to be 007

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Friend is a good actor and could be a credible Bond, but I can see the ladies having some issues with him. They are a big part of the Bond audience, so I don't see it happening folks. Too 'cruel' perhaps.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Friend is a good actor and could be a credible Bond, but I can see the ladies having some issues with him. They are a big part of the Bond audience, so I don't see it happening folks. Too 'cruel' perhaps.

From the little I've seen online from the reactions to Homeland (can't say I follow the show as closely as I do Bond), he seems to be pretty popular with the female audience of that particular show. I also don't see him as being too cruel at all. I can see him bringing a certain amount of that aspect of Bond to the screen, but in the grand scheme of things I'd see his Bond being a bit more "refined" (for want of a better term) than Craig's more physically-threatening Bond.

Regardless, I think it's safe to assume he'll be a candidate once they actually start the process of casting the new Bond, unless he himself turns down the opportunity to be a part of the process, given that he and Cavill were neck-and-neck for a while back in 2005 for the role.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    No Friend of mine.

I've seen Hitman and Homeland and I think he'd be terrible.
    dinovelvet wrote: »

Here's a pretty badly editted (but entertaining and interesting) Homeland montage of him. He can move the part without even speaking.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I say "no" to Rupert Friend, solely because I see his face and can't think of anything but that horrible 'Hitman' movie that I got maybe 10 minutes into before turning it off.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    dinovelvet wrote: »

Here's a pretty badly editted (but entertaining and interesting) Homeland montage of him. He can move the part without even speaking.

I agree. I think he'd be a good Bond. Different, but good.
    I say "no" as well, solely because I see his face and I immediately want to move further away.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I want to log off.