No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    If you make you self more then just a thread if you devout yourself to an ideal and they can't stop you you become something else entirely
    Love that line, and the delivery. Pure class.

RE: MGM - can they afford Craig?

Can they afford Bond?????!!!

On the ropes and forced to a reasonable budget might be the very best thing for EoN.
    That's true. The problem now, if this is true, is does MGM want to wait for its IPO before releasing the next Bond film or do they do it beforehand? I would assume they'd be in a better position post-IPO, but a pre-IPO success could really boost their IPO take as well.

I'm thinking Turner's (or someone relatively unknown outside the UK like him) chances have improved as well, since they are more likely to go for someone affordable.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    If you make you self more then just a thread if you devout yourself to an ideal and they can't stop you you become something else entirely
    Love that line, and the delivery. Pure class.

RE: MGM - can they afford Craig?

Can they afford Bond?????!!!

On the ropes and forced to a reasonable budget might be the very best thing for EoN.
    That's true. The problem now, if this is true, is does MGM want to wait for its IPO before releasing the next Bond film or do they do it beforehand? I would assume they'd be in a better position post-IPO, but a pre-IPO success could really boost their IPO take as well.

I'm thinking Turner's (or someone relatively unknown outside the UK like him) chances have improved as well, since they are more likely to go for someone affordable.

But then they might be considering Craig a draw. Craig waiting for a script seems reasonable. Script and money on table.
    Personally I think MGM can afford Craig if they work with him in terms of how he would get paid largely due to him getting money on box office only (something I believe Spielberg does) I think this may also be a reason to bring Spielberg in as director because less money up front but still top level talent.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited June 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Personally I think MGM can afford Craig if they work with him in terms of how he would get paid largely due to him getting money on box office only (something I believe Spielberg does) I think this may also be a reason to bring Spielberg in as director because less money up front but still top level talent.

Spielberg already said they can't afford him. I remember him saying that during SF days which Spielberg liked by the way.
    I am just thinking outside the box in terms of how MGM could distribute bond 25 without a ton of issues

The easiest ways

Product placements
    Cheaper locations/ locations that offer finichially incentive (we are talking about this and why production moved to Atlanta on a Macgyver forum)
    Getting as much cast and crew to sign up to the box office pay check idea (meaning little money upfront but if the film does well they get paid)

This could allow them to do a great job and the lower budget could attract previously uninterested parties like Danny Boyle
  • SasSas
    If this rumour about MGM is true, maybe the rumours about Susanne Bier and Tom Hiddleston are also true. Maybe Bond25 will be released in 2017.
  • RC7RC7
    Sas wrote: »
    If this rumour about MGM is true, maybe the rumours about Susanne Bier and Tom Hiddleston are also true. Maybe Bond25 will be released in 2017.

Or more likely, all of it is total bollocks.
    I would advise we change the headline to something else unless someone can display for me the quote from that article stating MGM is considering self-distribution.

Because I don't see it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    I would advise we change the headline to something else unless someone can display for me the quote from that article stating MGM is considering self-distribution.

Because I don't see it.
    Changed. I'm not sure of the quote @Pierce2Daniel was referring to seeing as I can't find it anywhere.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited June 2016 Posts: 2,496
    jake24 wrote: »

Because I don't see it.
    Changed. I'm not sure of the quote @Pierce2Daniel was referring to seeing as I can't find it anywhere.

Is it this one from Deadline?

So where is Barber taking MGM? Will the major mini become a major major? Executives at rival studios think MGM might re-enter the distribution business next year with the next James Bond film, but this is still speculation. A merger with another major — Paramount or Lionsgate are prospects — is now feasible given MGM’s weight in TV as well as film. Then there’s always the mega-plan: the Amazons and Apples are always hovering. At this point, the possibilities exist, but the decisions haven’t been made.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Because I don't see it.

Is it this one from Deadline?

So where is Barber taking MGM? Will the major mini become a major major? Executives at rival studios think MGM might re-enter the distribution business next year with the next James Bond film, but this is still speculation. A merger with another major — Paramount or Lionsgate are prospects — is now feasible given MGM’s weight in TV as well as film. Then there’s always the mega-plan: the Amazons and Apples are always hovering. At this point, the possibilities exist, but the decisions haven’t been made.
    I think this is the one he was referring to. Regardless, I still don't see it as confirmation. I'm afraid we're back to the waiting game.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 4,619
    The thing is, DC is waiting for the script to be ready
    I don't think so, for one main reason: it's safe to say that Bond 25 starring Daniel Craig and Bond 25 starring James Bond nr. 7 would require very different scripts. I doubt they will start developing the script before they know whether Craig is in or out.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I thought Barber had given an actual statement about MGM distributing. I read that Deadline article the first day it came out early this month, and assumed this "new" info was from another report entirely, just updated. Dammit.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I'm reading all the past 15 pages, you guys are insane. :D

The thing is, DC is waiting for the script to be ready, and then decide if he's in or out. Everything depends on that. And also, if Craig is, in fact out, there's no reason why his management team wouldn't write an statement regarding his decision to move along after all these years.

And about TH. I believe is all bs, all media buzz. There's no director for B25 yet, so how on earth he would have done the screen test without a director? Only if Martin Campbell tested him? :D

BTW, this is only my humble opinion on the recent news. :)

Yes to all of that. Thank you, @marketto007.

Thanks for confirmation of the pic, @Red_Snow. I love that photo. :)

• edited June 2016 Posts: 4,400
    I'm not sure what people aren't understanding here? It's all in my original post. Here's the link:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/thr-100-hollywood-reporters-powerful-904591/item/roy-price-thr-100-904713
    It's hidden in the article but it states that Barber and MGM are going to attempt to distribute solely.

In other news, Purvis and Wade's WW2 Spy TV show has been picked up:
    http://www.thewrap.com/weinstein-company-acquires-world-war-ii-drama-series-from-james-bond-writers/

There is even talk in the article of the show's lead, Sam Riley playing Bond (he was most rumoured), though it is nothing but idle speculation. He'd be an interesting choice.

066ff0e5317874a2845d9d2aa7a78cdd.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Heavens no. What is it with these boyish actors? Bond becoming male model fashion show?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    He's apparently 36, but looks a lot younger than his years.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Looks like Pete Docherty if he managed to quit the crack and clean himself up.
    I'm not sure what people aren't understanding here? It's all in my original post. Here's the link:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/thr-100-hollywood-reporters-powerful-904591/item/roy-price-thr-100-904713
    It's hidden in the article but it states that Barber and MGM are going to attempt to distribute solely.

In other news, Purvis and Wade's WW2 Spy TV show has been picked up:
    http://www.thewrap.com/weinstein-company-acquires-world-war-ii-drama-series-from-james-bond-writers/

There is even talk in the article of the show's lead, Sam Riley playing Bond (he was most rumoured), though it is nothing but idle speculation. He'd be an interesting choice.

066ff0e5317874a2845d9d2aa7a78cdd.jpg

Hidden where what is this Cicada 3301 puzzle?

It looks like Purvis and Wade will be busy so likely not doing bond 25. Which means Wizard of ice will be throwing a party
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Heavens no. What is it with these boyish actors? Bond becoming male model fashion show?

Nothing new for a franchise whose past Bonds have been a Mr. Universe contender and the male sex symbol of his generation, an Australian model and a pretty boy who did modeling on the side, respectively. Throw in Brosnan, who many women fawn over to this day just as in his heyday, and the rugged looks of Craig I know many are attracted to, and there you have it.
    This is purely wishful thinking on my part, but if Craig returns I suspect we'll get an announcement and release date by next month.
    @jake24, what's got you thinking that?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,588
    @jake24, what's got you thinking that?
    Just basing it solely off of Spectre's production schedule, who's release date was announced in July, 2013, over eight months after Skyfall's release. Like I said, wishful thinking. These are very different times.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    This is purely wishful thinking on my part, but if Craig returns I suspect we'll get an announcement and release date by next month.

With no distributor I can't see us getting a release date anytime soon. Unless something happens in order to change that.
    I can honestly see a much longer wait than some of you are expecting, possibly not a lot of news for six to twelve months. Tidbits at best.

He's apparently 36, but looks a lot younger than his years.

Holy crap... looks about 20 in that pic.

• edited June 2016 Posts: 11,425
    I'd love to see a bit more originality and creativity in the next Bond. It feels like EON gave up on exploring the world years ago. Go somewhere new!

How about the Kandalama hotel in Sri Lanka? Would be awesome.

https://www.gogobot.com/dambulla-sri-lanka/hotels/heritance-kandalama-hotel

SF wasted a good idea with Silva's island by not using the actual Japanese location.

Then when they actually get a good budget they blow it all on lame 'action' like the SP car chase.

They need to work their creative team and location scouts much harder. Think outside the box. Use locations cleverly. More original production design.

You don't have to be on location the whole movie but make sure the locations are actually used well.

Nothing new for a franchise whose past Bonds have been a Mr. Universe contender and the male sex symbol of his generation, an Australian model and a pretty boy who did modeling on the side, respectively. Throw in Brosnan, who many women fawn over to this day just as in his heyday, and the rugged looks of Craig I know many are attracted to, and there you have it.
    Moore also did a little modeling in the late 40s to early 50s. However, my point was that those actors who are picked look like they are soft-natured teenagers, and Bond isn't that. And of course I have to agree about Brosnan being a pretty boy type of portrait in the 80s, but by the time he got into the role, particularly post-GoldenEye, he already was suitable for the part in a combination of a Moore and Dalton pattern.

Moore also did a little modeling in the late 40s to early 50s. However, my point was that those actors who are picked look like they are soft-natured teenagers, and Bond isn't that. And of course I have to agree about Brosnan being a pretty boy type of portrait in the 80s, but by the time he got into the role, particularly post-GoldenEye, he already was suitable for the part in a combination of a Moore and Dalton pattern.

I meant Roger in that pretty boy modeling statement, the last in the list, but Brosnan fit that too, yes.

I do agree that super young Bond castings are usually weird, as the chosen ones often look overly boyish to a degree. The crazy thing about Riley is that he's 36, but barely looks out of university. Genetics can be crazy like that sometimes.

I meant Roger in that pretty boy modeling statement, the last in the list, but Brosnan fit that too, yes.

I do agree that super young Bond castings are usually weird, as the chosen ones often look overly boyish to a degree. The crazy thing about Riley is that he's 36, but barely looks out of university. Genetics can be crazy like that sometimes.
    Agreed. Which is why I want the actors to be over 40 years of age where some ruggedness is present on their faces, and if someone like Stallone nearing 70 can do the unimaginable action stunts by himself, then why can't a Bond actor do that in his 50s? Tom Cruise is 53 years old but he just keeps getting more fit and more powerful you'd think he's in his late 30s.
    Yes, If facelifts work like that, I recommand them. Even though, there was one article/pic, wehre he looked all puffy and red, but I suppose, that was temporarely.