Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I agree @Creasy47. The US version of The Killing is a great show, especially Seasons 1 & 2. He was the new Robocop too.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited June 2016 Posts: 40,492
    He's also in the upcoming 'Suicide Squad.'
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    And was in season 4 of House of Cards.

• edited June 2016 Posts: 1,661
    I've found a good reason why Tom Hiddleston shouldn't be James Bond!:

http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/please-dont-force-this-pr-stunt-down-our-throats-fans-react-to-taylor-swift-and-tom-hiddleston-kiss-34809612.html

Clearly it seems Hiddleston loves the publicity of his job and is milking it. We need someone less tabloid as Bond. :D Vote 'no' to Hiddleston! Vote 'maybe' to the EU referendum! \:D/
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    YES to Hiddleston.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    edited June 2016 Posts: 13,384
    Hiddleston likes to dance, so perhaps he could also be one of the silhouetted dancers
    Behind the titles, with Taylor warbling over the images ! :D
    Aidan Turner better grab a kiss with some other singer quick ! :))
    Hiddleston likes to dance, so perhaps he could also be one of the silhouetted dancers
    Behind the titles, with Taylor warbling over the images ! :D
    Aidan Turner better grab a kiss with some other singer quick ! :))

..or saves a kitty from a tree. <:-P
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    This ongoing marathon Bond audition is getting more competitive by the day. Dancing, smooching singers.. What's next I wonder?

Whatever happened to the simple FRWL screentest?
    bondjames wrote: »
    This ongoing marathon Bond audition is getting more competitive by the day. Dancing, smooching singers.. What's next I wonder?

Whatever happened to the simple FRWL screentest?

Its done in public now. Screentests all over the place :-B
    Imagine if the general public was voting for the next Bond...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I wouldn't be surprised if it were Naomie Harris.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Imagine if the general public was voting for the next Bond...

Plenty of them would vote for Brosnan.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Caitlin Jenner might prove popular with Bond votes...
    jake24 wrote: »
    Caitlin Jenner might prove popular with Bond votes...

The best of both worlds 8-}
    The irrationality of female with the ignorance of the male ? :P :))
    fanbond123 wrote: »

http://www.independent.ie/style/celebrity/celebrity-news/please-dont-force-this-pr-stunt-down-our-throats-fans-react-to-taylor-swift-and-tom-hiddleston-kiss-34809612.html

Clearly it seems Hiddleston loves the publicity of his job and is milking it. We need someone less tabloid as Bond. :D Vote 'no' to Hiddleston! Vote 'maybe' to the EU referendum! \:D/

I am pretty certain that we've been had by Piddleston's publicity team. Look at all the flurry of stories that happened over the last few weeks - "Hiddleston seen meeting with Mendes and Broccoli", "Betting suspended on Hiddleston", "Craig turns down 2 Bond films". All of these stories happening while The Night Manager was airing on US TV. Now that it's finished? Absolutely nothing. A video emerges of Piddles at a Comic con saying the Bond stuff is just rumors, and the publicity machine has moved on to its final form - the pre-arranged 'secret' paparazzi shots of Hiddleston and Taylor Swift where the photos are suspiciously up close, clear and detailed, no doubt taken by a photographer who just happened to be patrolling Newport, RI just in case any celebrities were there.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited June 2016 Posts: 1,130
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    fanbond123 wrote: »

I am pretty certain that we've been had by Piddleston's publicity team. Look at all the flurry of stories that happened over the last few weeks - "Hiddleston seen meeting with Mendes and Broccoli", "Betting suspended on Hiddleston", "Craig turns down 2 Bond films". All of these stories happening while The Night Manager was airing on US TV. Now that it's finished? Absolutely nothing. A video emerges of Piddles at a Comic con saying the Bond stuff is just rumors, and the publicity machine has moved on to its final form - the pre-arranged 'secret' paparazzi shots of Hiddleston and Taylor Swift where the photos are suspiciously up close, clear and detailed, no doubt taken by a photographer who just happened to be patrolling Newport, RI just in case any celebrities were there.

I can't blame Hidleston though.
    Playing Bond its like winning the oscar of blockusters, the only difference is that you can't get the chance very year and its only for male British actors.

Oh, he would be such a dream boat doing press for his Bond films. Dance with his head under the arm on a table, if asked. No more swearing, just charme and doggie attitude.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Oh, he would be such a dream boat doing press for his Bond films. Dance with his head under the arm on a table, if asked. No more swearing, just charme and doggie attitude.

He he, this is so very well observed.
  • SasSas
    Hiddleston in a Jaguar

He sure did a lot of auditions.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    only Hiddleston can make a corny script sound eloquent.
    I think he will make a perfect Bond. =D>
    I think he will make a perfect Bond. =D>
    He'd be great, no doubt.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Sas wrote: »
    Hiddleston in a Jaguar

Pretty happy with that to be fair.

Although he seems a tad scrawny. A bit to much Brozza in GE. That said I never got the impression Fleming's Bond was buff like Dan in CR but I'd like there to be a bit more meat on him so when he hits someone they stay hit. But this is a minor concern, The rest seems there.

I wonder are we getting a tad ahead of ourselves here though? Its still far from an official announcement.
    Sas wrote: »
    Hiddleston in a Jaguar

Pretty happy with that to be fair.

Although he seems a tad scrawny. A bit to much Brozza in GE. That said I never got the impression Fleming's Bond was buff like Dan in CR but I'd like there to be a bit more meat on him so when he hits someone they stay hit. But this is a minor concern, The rest seems there.

I wonder are we getting a tad ahead of ourselves here though? Its still far from an official announcement.
    The scrawny thing shouldn't be a problem. Craig transformed his body for CR. Being Bond requires a hefty amount of devotion.
  • That Jaguar commercial reminds me of the BMW commercials that Clive Owen did that had everyone clamoring for him to be Bond.
    That Jaguar commercial reminds me of the BMW commercials that Clive Owen did that had everyone clamoring for him to be Bond.

Same here.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The BMW spots were great; they had a LOT of talent behind them.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That Jaguar commercial reminds me of the BMW commercials that Clive Owen did that had everyone clamoring for him to be Bond.
    They were rather good, though.