Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

I hope the only things of Planet Hulk that appear in Thor Ragnarok are the armor. Planet Hulk was never one of my favorite stories. People keep begging for a live action Planet Hulk movie and I keep saying "Please, no, give us something else."

I recently watched the animated film of Planet Hulk I ended up switching it off. The Hulk is often better when with Thor or other characters to bounce off. For example Hulk vs Thor is great fun, Hulk vs Wolverine even better.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    brie-larson-2016-palm-springs-international-film-festival-awards-gala-8.jpg

Think Larson would be a great Captain Marvel, I definitely see it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I'm finding that the farther the Marvel films move away from having at least one foot in the real world, the less interest I have.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2016 Posts: 28,694
    I don't think these films will get any more grounded in the real world than Winter Soldier and Civil War. Seeing the heroes face new international laws seeking to restrict their power was pretty interesting, if you ask me, and it would be what would happen if such beings existed in our world.
    I forgot to mention, my favorite sequence when I saw 'Civil War':
    Captain America and Bucky escaping that apartment together. Using the unconscious, rappelled guy's body to get further down the staircase while kicking ass was too good.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I'm finding that the farther the Marvel films move away from having at least one foot in the real world, the less interest I have.
    I feel the same way somewhat. Take a comic like DareDevil of Punisher in their solo books, and it's awesome. But then they pop up in Civil War for example (the comic I mean) with all these other colorful spandex clad heroes, and you know out there in that world also lies the Fantastic Four, all the X-Men, Galactus, etc.

Even though it's great when DareDevil occasionally teams up with just Spider-Man, or Wolverine pops up in a Punisher book, it's still in the back of my mind 'somewhere out there is Rocket Raccoon, and now this is just silly.'

That's also why I'm not interested in any sort of Avengers vs Justice League movie (or even comic). Just too many costumes running around and it becomes a cartoon, you know?

I'm a fan of more grounded books, myself.

talos7 wrote: »
    I feel the same way somewhat. Take a comic like DareDevil of Punisher in their solo books, and it's awesome. But then they pop up in Civil War for example (the comic I mean) with all these other colorful spandex clad heroes, and you know out there in that world also lies the Fantastic Four, all the X-Men, Galactus, etc.

Even though it's great when DareDevil occasionally teams up with just Spider-Man, or Wolverine pops up in a Punisher book, it's still in the back of my mind 'somewhere out there is Rocket Raccoon, and now this is just silly.'

That's also why I'm not interested in any sort of Avengers vs Justice League movie (or even comic). Just too many costumes running around and it becomes a cartoon, you know?

I'm a fan of more grounded books, myself.

It´s also a matter of numbers. With a small number of superhero characters you can have more "normal world" surrounding. CW, while doubtlessly having a very, very strong story, has so many superhero characters that just due to that inevitably the balance is tending away from being grounded.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nice! Silvestri is probably my favorite Marvel composer, so this news is quite fittingly music to my ears.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I was hoping for Henry Jackman. The scores for Winter Soldier and Civil War were amazing.
    Well, at least with Silvestri signed for both Infinity War films, there'll be some consistency in musical themes. One disappointing aspect of the Marvel films is that they swap composers out so much that there's very little theme-wise that is carried over across the movies, and if they are, it's not much at all.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited June 2016 Posts: 1,257
    Donald Glover Joins Spider-Man: Homecoming

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/14/donald-glover-joins-spider-man-homecoming

donaldgloverspiderman-124330.png

This is interesting. I think Glover is too old to be playing Miles Morales unless theyre taking liberties with the source material, which isn't uncommon.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I doubt Miles Morales would be in a movie as anything more than an easter egg anyway, so they could just use the name as a shout out to the comics.
    I remember a couple of years ago when Gambino was campaigning for the role before Garfield was cast. He's a solid actor and an even better music artist.
    Right then, the next Spiderman movie is called Homecoming, yes. Ok now if I remember correctly one of the words that Zemo used to trigger Bucky in civil war was also homecoming. Am I overthinking this or will this be relevant somewhere down the the line?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I think he is just coming home to Marvel.
    yogi1 wrote: »
    Right then, the next Spiderman movie is called Homecoming, yes. Ok now if I remember correctly one of the words that Zemo used to trigger Bucky in civil war was also homecoming. Am I overthinking this or will this be relevant somewhere down the the line?
    I presume (what with the vast amount of leading kid actors cast thus far) that much of the plot will surround/lead up to Midtown high's Homecoming dance, an event Peter will have to juggle as a villain's plan unfolds (and likely disrupts the dance for him). That kind of idea has always been a strong story devise in telling Spider-Man narratives, and it'd be the perfect way to reestablish the MCU's MJ, Gwen, Harry O, Flash and more in the many scenes set at the school.
    Hughs said he's going to give this film a breakfast club feel.
    Three newcomer actors have joined the cast of 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in undisclosed roles:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/spider-man-homecoming-adds-3-newcomers-a142744
    Is the Spider-Man film going to cast a whole high school full of kids instead of using extras, or what? It's certainly feeling that way.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    'Spiderman Homecoming' has quickly become one of my must-watch films of 2017 whe Tom Holland knocked my socks off in 'Civil War'. I'm not thinking too much about 'Black Panther' yet, otherwise the wait until early 2018 will be way too tough.
    Attah would make for a great Miles Morales. He's at the perfect age, too. It'd be pretty cool to see him and Peter suit up together and fight a foe, in this movie or another.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,690
    Captain America: Civil War to be released on Blu Ray on September 13th.
    Thor: Ragnarok has started filming.