No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I adore Sean Bean.
    Because he was always the better? ;)
    No just because he is Sean Bean. And he'll always be Sharpe for me. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Nobody does character deaths like Sean Bean; he's practically cornered the acting market on it at this point. Fleming knows he's had a lot of practice!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I prefer him alive and romantically involved, but hey that's just me. ;)
    If Craig only does 4 he will never be on Connery's level.
    It's all good over here very good to s3e you bird.
    If Craig only does 4 he will never be on Connery's level.

Craig could spend the rest of his career making Bond films but he'll never reach Connery's level. But Craig has been a good Bond, no mistake.

SonofSean wrote: »
    I love jumping on bandwagons and am unable to form opinions of my own.

Fixed that for you ;)

Craig is a better Bond than Connery.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Craig is a better Bond than Connery.

tumblr_n3zpknuh1C1qagb12o1_400.gif

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    :))
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    I prefer him alive and romantically involved, but hey that's just me. ;)

Has this ever happened?

Poor Sean Bean even when he is a good father and husband in Game of thrones he dies. Neds Stark death really saddened me and made me hate Geoffrey like ive never hatted a movie character before.

Anyway he is a great actor and quite handsome as well.

• edited June 2016 Posts: 11,119
    I do like Luke Evans. He'd make a good Bond. But, he certainly was a bad Dracula. Lol!

I love him. He would be the first gay actor playing Bond. He has a delightful taste for fashion, just like the other actor I love playing Bond, Daniel Craig. Luke Evans is a very good actor....and such a cutypie 8-}:

Luke-Evans-play-Crow-reboot-previously-had.jpg
    luke_evans.jpg
    luke-evans-gets-photobombed-by-emma-thompson-24.jpg
    tumblr_nnxszxKRgw1uup06bo1_500.jpg
    luke-evans-conde-nast-traveller-12dec14-getty_.jpg
    Pnx9ZWH2.jpg
    luke-evans.jpg
    Luke-Evans-in-spectacles.jpg
    luke-evans-bafta-grooming3.jpg
    luke-evans-body-1.jpg

And I tell you this: I really think Barbara Broccoli would love him to play Bond. Oowh, and one last picture of Aidan Turner and Luke Evans together:
    tumblr_lyei5ulHlU1qjrqlbo1_500.jpg
    Luke Evans is a great choice too. He was very good in The Hobbit movies. Very much the leading man. Would it count against him being openly gay? I'd hope not. The character of Bond is avowedly heterosexual but gay men have played straight men and vice versa and who really knows who's 100% gay or straight in Hollywood anyway. It shouldn't count against him either way.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I think we have a thread for prospective Bond actors already Gustav. No need for these pictures in here.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 1,661
    Gustav loves Luke Evans! :x And in that last photo It looks like Aidan Turner does too! ;))
    Getafix wrote: »
    Why walk away from this great role?! He must mad to even consider it. Come on Craig, man up and give the fans what they want! What are you going to do for the rest of your life? Trust me, the Broadway audiences will evaporate within a year or two of departing from Bond!

It's a two-way street. Don't kid yourself that you are a superstar without Bond.
    Why walk away from this great role?! He must mad to even consider it. Come on Craig, man up and give the fans what they want! What are you going to do for the rest of your life? Trust me, the Broadway audiences will evaporate within a year or two of departing from Bond!

It's a two-way street. Don't kid yourself that you are a superstar without Bond.

Tuulia wrote: »
    Germanlady wrote: »

I doubt, he does. Plus I am almost sure, he is not crazy about superstardom. Its him, who says such things as " I am ooking forward to the times, when I walk into a bar and nobody cares"
    And he IS doing other stuff now, that might create a new sort of popularity for him (the TV series) We will see. But not being all that famous anymore will hardly make him chiver.

but tjanks for wanting him to go on :)

I was about to say something similar. I've never gotten the impression he wants to be a superstar. Many actors don't. Some people will then say "yeah, right, why did he do that role then?" But a role like Bond (or another franchise) can still be interesting one for an actor to do, and it also gives name recognition that will give an opportunity to get more roles, and of course it gives financial security for life. Fame can be a burden and not everyone is after it. He won't lack opportunities to work, and he'll be fine with smaller stuff, be it movies, tv or theatre.

Yes, that seems to be true. Although having said all this, Craig does seem to have grown to enjoy the trappings of stardom over time.

But my point was more about does he think he'll be able to pick and choose his work in the same way if he's no longer Bond? The very patchy performance of his non Bond films suggests he has only limited appeal on his own. Will he be attracting sell out audiences on Broadway once Bond is behind him?

I am sure he knows/realises this and it will probably be a factor in his decision. It's a big role to walk away from, and not just because of the money and the stardom - because of the other stuff it enables you to do.
    True but then again, tell me WHO is still savely bankable tbese days? RDJ flops outside of IM and people sure love him. DC could make a film that really appeals to the audiences and it can be a hit. That goes of course for every other actor. It could even be a small Indie. Lets see, what Purity can do for him. Its not, tjat he is out of work plus he will always happily take great supporting roles and I doubt those will ever be in short supply. I think, he will becime a great character actor.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I don't believe leaving Bond limits his career options. On the contrary actually. Bond is a straight jacket for a superior actor, because it's one of the highest forms of 'typecasting' that there is, in the sense that it is normally a defining role for anyone who plays it.

It's testament to the opportunities DC has been given with Bond, and the way he has actually taken and capitalized on them, that he is first and foremost seen to quite a few people as a quality actor, and Bond second. That is a little different from some of his predecessors imho. In a way, his off the cuff remarks about the character in interviews etc. reinforces this perception. It may be bad for DC as Bond, but it is actually very refreshing for DC as an actor. It reaffirms his brand.

At least that is how he appears to me, and I will watch anything else he chooses to do in another genre.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Imagine if that old report strikes true and the Bond series goes back to the sixties, with Mad Men favourite, Jon Hamm getting cast as Bond, forcing a British accent out of him. ;)

Yeah, he's a favourite among non-Bond fans.
    I love Jon Hamm. The man could play Kent, Wayne, Bond.....anyone really.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I won't be against him playing Bond, at all. I secretly am a fan of the idea, too. I'm just not expressive about it because I know some people here will try to wipe me out with a nuclear bomb for it. ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,690
    @ClarkDevlin @bondjames

Jon Hamm will play one of the main roles, alongside Jamie Foxx and Kevin Spacey, in the upcoming Edgar Wright action/thriller 'Baby Driver'.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Thanks @DaltonCraig007. I just checked out the synopsis. I've not been a fan of his film role choices to date, but this one looks good. I'll definitely check it out. I'd love to see him in a spy role though. He's just made for it. He could have even played Solo in the Uncle remake.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames before Ben Affleck was cast as Batman, my 2 favorite candidates for the role were Jon Hamm and Jim Caviezel (his role in Person of Interest is basically Batman).
    Jim Caviezel is an interesting choice also @DaltonCraig007. I've not seen Person of Interest, but he has a naturally cool demeanour to him as well which is captivating.
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Gustav loves Luke Evans! :x And in that last photo It looks like Aidan Turner does too! ;))

Yes, I am deeply in love with him. I wanna cuddle him ;;)
  • @bondjames before Ben Affleck was cast as Batman, my 2 favorite candidates for the role were Jon Hamm and Jim Caviezel (his role in Person of Interest is basically Batman).

Jesus Christ, Jim Caviezel would have been a great choice.

;)
    Imagine the press ! He'd have been crucified. ;)
  • I personally feel he would've nailed the role! :D
    :))