No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

SonofSean wrote: »
    There's a lot of uncertainty about the future of Bond. 1. We have no idea WHEN Bond 25 will be released 2. We don't know who will distribute. 3. We don't if a script is being written or by whom. 4. We don't know who will direct. 5. We don't know if Craig will return. 6. We don't know if EON have even sat down with Craig to discuss Bond 25. 6 We don't know if any other actor has been screen tested. All we know has come from tabloids. We have no official comment or statement from anyone connected with EON. I'm beginning to suspect we will have 12 months + of rumour, speculation and total bs until EON have properly sat down with Craig and found a director, writer and distributor. That is likely to be months away. All we know is that Bond Will Return. Someday.

=D> Excellent post. This should be a sticky that appears at the top of every page in this thread.

The fact of the matter is, as you said, we don't know anything, and that's because nothing has happened. And nothing of substance will happen until there is a distributor in place.
    We're seven months after the previous Bond film.
    In every interview Sam Mendes has said he wont be back, Craig has said he needs a break, and the producers have claimed that efforts haven't shifted to the next film yet.

It's normal that we do not know when the next film will be released.
    It's normal for us not to know what state of the production the film is in.
    It's normal for us to not know the team behind the next film at this point.
    It's normal for us to not receive any sort of official word on the state of affairs.

Right now, we shouldn't be expecting anything.
    In fact, we were even told the one thing we should be expecting, which is the distribution deal. And we know that's not happening until later this year.

Bond will return, of course, but there's nothing abnormal with the period after a Bond film release going on right now.
    BB said they would start again in the spring last fall.

They are working on the film but its just throwing ideas around IMO
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It's difficult to start brainstorming a story without knowing who your lead actor is.
    They probably also made that statement about starting in the spring when they thought the distributor deal would be done in February.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The McGuffin for the story can easily be set. Do bear in mind Brosnan was never in mind when GoldenEye started life with its first draft. They could simply come up with a story that has Craig in mind, then if he leaves, they adjust it to the standards of the next actor.
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    We're seven months after the previous Bond film.
    In every interview Sam Mendes has said he wont be back, Craig has said he needs a break, and the producers have claimed that efforts haven't shifted to the next film yet.

It's normal that we do not know when the next film will be released.
    It's normal for us not to know what state of the production the film is in.
    It's normal for us to not know the team behind the next film at this point.
    It's normal for us to not receive any sort of official word on the state of affairs.

Right now, we shouldn't be expecting anything.
    In fact, we were even told the one thing we should be expecting, which is the distribution deal. And we know that's not happening until later this year.

Bond will return, of course, but there's nothing abnormal with the period after a Bond film release going on right now.

Exactly. And anyone who thinks the script isn't being written/talked about/whatever right now is clueless.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The McGuffin for the story can easily be set. Do bear in mind Brosnan was never in mind when GoldenEye started life with its first draft. They could simply come up with a story that has Craig in mind, then if he leaves, they adjust it to the standards of the next actor.
    In this case, there's a continuity arc within Craig's era. So EoN has to choose whether or not to finish off the arc or start off with a clean slate and a new actor. All this is dependent on whether Craig decides to return or not.
  • jake24 wrote: »
    In this case, there's a continuity arc within Craig's era. So EoN has to choose whether or not to finish off the arc or start off with a clean slate and a new actor. All this is dependent on whether Craig decides to return or not.

I would argue that Spectre ended in a way that allows femor both to happen, so I would assume Babs is sending out a deadline for him to decide and move on when its time.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Yes, but I don't think the story can be dependent on Bond. I mean, you could simply say the plot would involve Bond going against Blofeld in some revenge story and all that, i.e. Blofeld escapes prison, SPECTRE reformed, vendetta planned etc etc... Then, there is a scheme Blofeld must be developing. They could ignore all the acts, take that 'scheme' (the evil plan to rule the world with whatever they can come up with), place them with perhaps a new villain, new plot and new characters, recycle some of the settings and be done with it. It's not hard, at all.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Yes, but I don't think the story can be dependent on Bond. I mean, you could simply say the plot would involve Bond going against Blofeld in some revenge story and all that, i.e. Blofeld escapes prison, SPECTRE reformed, vendetta planned etc etc... Then, there is a scheme Blofeld must be developing. They could ignore all the acts, take that 'scheme' (the evil plan to rule the world with whatever they can come up with), place them with perhaps a new villain, new plot and new characters, recycle some of the settings and be done with it. It's not hard, at all.
    It's very possible.

@Karatemanchan37 You're absolutely right. I got that vibe as well.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    doubleoego wrote: »
    And everyone's forgetting about the new comic book that brings back a new rendition of SPECTRE. I wonder, @doubleoego, have you decided to pick up the new Bond comics yet?

I was originally planning to do so but I decided to wait for the TPB. I just don't think I can enjoy reading Bond bit by bit. I want the whole thing and for that I'm willing to wait.
    The first volume will be out on the 15th of the month. So, hope you'll enjoy it.

Fantastic! Thanks for the heads up; I'll be getting it that's for sure. From what little I allowed myself to be aware of I've heard great things about it and I can't wait to get stuck in.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    royale65 wrote: »

That was posted a few pages back.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,588
    For those interested, I put together some interviews conducted with Hiddleston and Turner denying their involvement with Bond.

Why is the title of this thread "bond #007 to be announced next week... I kind of feel sorry for anyone that legitimately expects this to happen
    Ottofuse8 wrote: »
    Why is the title of this thread "bond #007 to be announced next week... I kind of feel sorry for anyone that legitimately expects this to happen
    Hence the question mark at the end of it. The thread title is updated with each piece of news or rumor. When the next one surfaces, the title will be changed.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    Let me talk about broadcast rights in the UK:

ITV may drop broadcasting rights to James Bond if Bond 25 announced and BBC One may be a front-runner to acquire broadcast rights to the franchise. I think that if they do, the Bond films could be on the Wednesdays? Do you.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Might be why they're showing them so often on ITV 2 etc.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I thought this would amuse many here:

I like their final choice, too. ;)
    Shia Labeouf killed it!!! =))
    Alan Yentob, the BBC's former creative director, chaired a panel event this weekend. At the event it was revealed that Broccoli has yet to make her mind up over Bond casting. Seemingly Turner's schedule on Poldark will be accommodated if he gets the role.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/05/poldark-star-eleanor-tomlinson-reveals-she-turned-to-a-speech-co/

Firstly, this seems to be the confirmation that Craig is indeed out. Secondly, Turner is seemingly being sorted for the role now.

Topless2-large_trans++WNgdoYPkG1VmFqp8941_4FTd5UW2-DnzmjGrqZXAUcw.jpg

OK. Like the lads say... I'll believe it when I see it. This 'delay' bit just confirms the story is false. I wasn't expecting anything big, though. It doesn't confirm nor deny anything, and it only gets us back to the ground zero level of what it has been: Daniel Craig is still James Bond. Full stop.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Yet more to read something into nothing new in this stand down.
    Yeah, no news ahead. Just internet stories.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Alan Yentob, the BBC's former creative director, chaired a panel event this weekend. At the event it was revealed that Broccoli has yet to make her mind up over Bond casting. Seemingly Turner's schedule on Poldark will be accommodated if he gets the role.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/05/poldark-star-eleanor-tomlinson-reveals-she-turned-to-a-speech-co/

Firstly, this seems to be the confirmation that Craig is indeed out. Secondly, Turner is seemingly being sorted for the role now.

Topless2-large_trans++WNgdoYPkG1VmFqp8941_4FTd5UW2-DnzmjGrqZXAUcw.jpg

That seems believable ...I get the feeling from Mendes and Craig's silence that the departure if true has not been rosey.

Always got that feeling from the whole SP experience for all involved.

Just guessing I have no clue of course. And I should add that I get that feeling from interviews etc ..not my opinion of the film.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,588
    So according to this Alan Yentob, Barbara is seemingly searching for Craig's successor? Hmm...
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited June 2016 Posts: 1,756
    Probably the most interesting news I've read in a few weeks. Not some bs speculation, something perhaps concrete. The article doesn't shock me.

Also if casting is on the way, I think they're more ahead on B25 then we realize.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Interesting. No doubt they will be more than accommodating. Poldarks ratings will go through the roof.
    Probably the most interesting news I've read in a few weeks. Not some bs speculation, something perhaps concrete. The article doesn't shock me.

Also if casting is on the way, I think they're more ahead on B25 then we realize.
    Which, if true, is bizarre given the fact that it took about a year and a half to cast Craig as Bond.