What is your breaking point that would make you stop being a Bond fan.

Comments

• GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75
    Szonana wrote: »
    GideonBond wrote: »
    peter wrote: »

Turner's physical attributes bother me: like Brosnan, he's got a big head on a skinny neck; his scowls remind of Brosnan's pain-face in TWINE.

Aidan laughs and disagrees with your comment ;) His neck is fine. Hipster Bond would certainly be keeping up with the new times. How's that, PC squad? Hehe. Actually now I come to think of it, Aidan Turner could, looks wise, be Dalton's son. Not exactly the same, but very similar. Give me a Dalton 2.0 for Bond 25 any day.

ac_poldark_comp.jpg

Tom however does suffer from lollipop head syndrome... The man is simply Bond's wimpy looking brother.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-09-at-6.30.15-PM.png

Nooo, those two Pierce and Dalton are way better looking than Aidan Turner, the only thing Aidan and Pierce have in common is their nationality.

Aidan might be a better actor but in the looks department he wished he'd look like Dalton or Pierce.

Millions of women disagree with you however. Looks are subjective, eh.
    Wait you people until I get home...I have something that will silence you all

Spill the beans already ;)
    It'n not another underwear selfie ............. I've told you to stop sending them !

Oh lawd.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    No it's Oh Matron ! ;)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It'n not another underwear selfie ............. I've told you to stop sending them ! :P

Don't worry this time without underwear :D
    :))

1979 Luke Evans - 1
    1977 Michael Fassbender - 12
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1981 Rupert Friend - 2
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 1
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1971 Ewan McGregor - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 10
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 12
    So Turner and Hiddleston are the youngest to get more films out of them.
    ( Only mentioning the main contenders )
    1979 Luke Evans - 1
    1977 Michael Fassbender - 13 +1
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1981 Rupert Friend - 2
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 1
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1971 Ewan McGregor - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 10
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 12
    edited May 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Aidan Turner would be fine as Bond, he has bite, some people just have never seen him that way, I strongly suggest to watch Being Human (BBC).

full.gif

full.gif

Also don't forget he is only 33 years old and may still look a little young-ish to play Bond.

Nothing wrong with Turner's looks, or his acting ability. Unfortunately that goes
    For most of the actors on our list :D so it all comes down to personal preference.
    I have no strong feelings about who's best, so will wait patiently until I'm told
    Who the lucky chap is.
    Back on track:

1979 Luke Evans - 1
    1977 Michael Fassbender - 13
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1981 Rupert Friend - 2
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 1
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1971 Ewan McGregor - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 10
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 12

if the actor you would like to see as the next James Bond isn't in the list, by all means add him to it.
    It's so conscience seeing the voting in a simple list. =D>
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    It's so conscience seeing the voting in a simple list. =D>

Maybe I'm mistaken, but do you mean concise?
    Yes, sorry :( I'm on the phone and some of the words it changes are unbelievable
    Not to mention, it seems to ignore the letters n and m at times. .
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico

Turner's physical attributes bother me: like Brosnan, he's got a big head on a skinny neck; his scowls remind of Brosnan's pain-face in TWINE.

Aidan laughs and disagrees with your comment ;) His neck is fine. Hipster Bond would certainly be keeping up with the new times. How's that, PC squad? Hehe. Actually now I come to think of it, Aidan Turner could, looks wise, be Dalton's son. Not exactly the same, but very similar. Give me a Dalton 2.0 for Bond 25 any day.

ac_poldark_comp.jpg

Tom however does suffer from lollipop head syndrome... The man is simply Bond's wimpy looking brother.

Nooo, those two Pierce and Dalton are way better looking than Aidan Turner, the only thing Aidan and Pierce have in common is their nationality.

Aidan might be a better actor but in the looks department he wished he'd look like Dalton or Pierce.

It'n not another underwear selfie ............. I've told you to stop sending them !

Oh lawd.

Yeah I know and you are right looks are very subjective, and why am I complaining about looks?
    at first I didn't like Craig looks wise and now he is in my top 3 of the most attractive Bond actors and Connery i loved him from the beginning but seeing things slightly objective he aint a model.

The only of my top 3 guys with extremely obvious good looks is Pierce Brosnan the other two Daniel and Sean Connery are more personality and charisma of what i like about them.

Pierce just happened to be Both great looking and personality. So i guess I could acce
    pt a not so great looking Bond.

• GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands

ac_poldark_comp.jpg

Oh lawd.

Yeah I know and you are right looks are very subjective, and why am I complaining about looks?
    at first I didn't like Craig looks wise and now he is in my top 3 of the most attractive Bond actors and Connery i loved him from the beginning but seeing things slightly objective he aint a model.

The only of my top 3 guys with extremely obvious good looks is Pierce Brosnan the other two Daniel and Sean Connery are more personality and charisma of what i like about them.

Pierce just happened to be Both great looking and personality. So i guess I could acce
    pt a not so great looking Bond.

This makes total sense to me, and I agree with you. The new Bond will have to prove himself one way or another, this is just the nature of the role, good looks or not. Craig had to prove a lot to silence the naysayers, I remember that vividly. If only we would know a little more about possible actors. The waiting game continues...
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico

ac_poldark_comp.jpg

Oh lawd.

Pierce just happened to be Both great looking and personality. So i guess I could accept a not so great looking Bond.

This makes total sense to me, and I agree with you. The new Bond will have to prove himself one way or another, this is just the nature of the role, good looks or not. Craig had to prove a lot to silence the naysayers, I remember that vividly. If only we would know a little more about possible actors. The waiting game continues...

And i was one of the nayseyers but he changed my mind slowly with each film and after Spectre i re watched his other films and i like them all more after Spectre.

I appreciate it as a character arc quadrilogy and Craig made the change very well so who knows what will happen with the next guy my only prediction is that he will be known actor i do belive in the theory of one and one.

Maybe not Fassbender but I predict someone who is well known, TV star fame level like Pierce Brosnan in Remington Steele or Roger Moore in the saint.

Back on track:

1979 Luke Evans - 1
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1981 Rupert Friend - 2
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 1
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1971 Ewan McGregor - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 10
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 12

if the actor you would like to see as the next James Bond isn't in the list, by all means add him to it.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    A young Idris I'd go for in a heartbeat, but he is too old.

Let me think of somebody else ... otherwise from that list, I'm for Turner.
  • 1979 Luke Evans - 1
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1981 Rupert Friend - 2
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 1
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1971 Ewan McGregor - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 11 (+1)
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 12
    No votes for Jamie Bell, I notice
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Or Tom Hardy.
    Or Justin Bieber
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Bell would be a very tough sell, I'll tell you now.

I almost want him cast, to see if the envelope can be pushed any further.
  • michaelclarkemichaelclarke Onchan, Isle of Man
    1979 Luke Evans - 1
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1981 Rupert Friend - 2
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 1
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1971 Ewan McGregor - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 11
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 13 (+1)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited May 2016 Posts: 7,980
    1979 Luke Evans - 1
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1981 Rupert Friend - 2
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 1
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1971 Ewan McGregor - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 12 (+1)
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 13 (+1)
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Yes! Hiddleston back on top!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Yes! Hiddleston back on top!

He's now tied with Fassbender.
    Yep. I wouldn't argue that Fassbender is a reasonable suggestion either.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Loke and Magneto.
    Loki mate. But yes true!