What is your breaking point that would make you stop being a Bond fan.

Comments

mcdonbb wrote: »
    dalton wrote: »
    I didn't know Fassbender even had that much interest. Don't particularly like the idea of a reboot but at least he didn't have the idea of Bond related to every foe.

They might have to reboot just to get out from under the weight of that plot device. ;)

True ;) ...wish Dalton was 20 years younger.

Amen to that.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Murdock wrote: »
    eyvx1Ypl.jpg
    NW1Fy0Pl.jpg

1979 Luke Evans - 1
    1977 Michael Fassbender - 11
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1981 Rupert Friend - 1
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 1
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1971 Ewan McGregor - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 10
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 12
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Thanks for keeping up with this @BondJasonBond006 ...and for putting up with our ranting.
    Thanks for keeping up with this @BondJasonBond006 ...and for putting up with our ranting.

Yes, it's a drag...who the hell opened that bloody thread :))

and look at @Murdock 's beautiful artwork!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Well, I'm glad Aidan Turner is holding his own. I didn't know he would be top 3 material amongst the hardcore fans, so if anything I'm more steadfast now that he has a good chance to be the next 007.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas

Yes, it's a drag...who the hell opened that bloody thread :))

and look at @Murdock 's beautiful artwork!

Lol thanks to you both.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The pleasure is all mine. :P
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Rupert Friend would be my choice. He seems to be the only one of the lot that can act, but maintains a ruthless charm (as Idris and Fassbender can do but, unfortunately, they're too old to carry the series for a decade).

Turner's physical attributes bother me: like Brosnan, he's got a big head on a skinny neck; his scowls remind of Brosnan's pain-face in TWINE.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, wow, wow. @Murdock, where do you get off leaving Gillian Anderson out of those rankings? What are you, a sexist, misogynist dinosaur?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Wow, wow, wow. @Murdock, where do you get off leaving Gillian Anderson out of those rankings? What are you, a sexist, misogynist dinosaur?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 We're south of the border. It's a Man's world. ;)
    GMXfl37.jpg
    1979 Luke Evans - 1
    1977 Michael Fassbender - 11
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1981 Rupert Friend - 1
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 1
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1971 Ewan McGregor - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 10
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 12

More votes would be welcomed and remember it's not a competition, just a good way to see how MI6 members would decide who's next for playing Bond :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I actually agree, @Birdleson. If I had to choose from above, only a few are even viable for me.
    Of course new names can be added.
  • GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75
    peter wrote: »

Turner's physical attributes bother me: like Brosnan, he's got a big head on a skinny neck; his scowls remind of Brosnan's pain-face in TWINE.

Aidan laughs and disagrees with your comment ;) His neck is fine. Hipster Bond would certainly be keeping up with the new times. How's that, PC squad? Hehe. Actually now I come to think of it, Aidan Turner could, looks wise, be Dalton's son. Not exactly the same, but very similar. Give me a Dalton 2.0 for Bond 25 any day.

ac_poldark_comp.jpg

Tom however does suffer from lollipop head syndrome... The man is simply Bond's wimpy looking brother.

Screen-Shot-2016-03-09-at-6.30.15-PM.png
    Hiddlestone would be a nice departure after Craig, ir's good to mix the rough and the smooth.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    My money is still on Tom, despite the insults he seems to get. I think he'll
    Be having the last laugh. Then again I also like Turner and without insulting him,
    I'd be happy to see him as 007.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Maybe we are all wrong, and Bond 25 will be an animation film, so a new actor won't be needed? ;)
    With CGI, we could finally see the great Stewart Granger as 007. ;)
    Maybe we are all wrong, and Bond 25 will be an animation film, so a new actor won't be needed? ;)

There still need to be voice actors. Maybe Adam Sandler?
    good idea as he could also play the leading lady ! :D
    Not sure about insults, we are looking for Bond... Quite the gravitas, a little tease here and there shouldn't hurt, too much. To me personally more important than looking for the new Prez of the U.S.A. Cubby approves of this message.
    Then I suggest all mi6 members agree that Turner is the man, and leave it at that.
    You can feel better for having convinced everyone, and the rest can wait for the official
    Announcement, then console both you and mendes4lyfe as you have a little weep. :))
    So from here on I'm going to be as big a fan of Turner as you two. ;)
    I want Justin Bieber. Give him to me, now!
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75
    Then I suggest all mi6 members agree that Turner is the man, and leave it at that.
    You can feel better for having convinced everyone, and the rest can wait for the official
    Announcement, then console both you and mendes4lyfe as you have a little weep. :))
    So from here on I'm going to be as big a fan of Turner as you two. ;)

Wow, that was easy. EDITED Praise! ;)
    I want Justin Bieber. Give him to me, now!

Boxed and locked. Keep him! *runs away*

danger-box-15794962.jpg
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    united1878 wrote: »
    Idris Elba.
    He'd do a good job B-)

No chance. Hollywood tends to give the public what it wants, and the fact that Bond has remained male, white, straight, and British speaks volumes.

Rupert Friend would be my choice. He seems to be the only one of the lot that can act, but maintains a ruthless charm (as Idris and Fassbender can do but, unfortunately, they're too old to carry the series for a decade).

Completely agreed.

Also, if he's your choice, makes sure to add a +1 to him in the poll. That would be enough to move him up into sole possession of 4th place. ;) :)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    dalton wrote: »

Completely agreed.

Also, if he's your choice, makes sure to add a +1 to him in the poll. That would be enough to move him up into sole possession of 4th place. ;) :)
    I'm open to Friend. He has a certain something. Edgy.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    For people who say that a particular actor looks too wimpy/skinny/weak for the role: you DO know that there's this thing called working out and weight lifting? Actors do it to get in shape for particular roles. Look at how Craig looked back in '05 and tell me if he looked anything like Bond looks in that scene where he exits the water in CR.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Alright, mark me down for Fassbender then.
    Steroids, are quicker....... I think I read that in one of the spam posts we get ! :D