What is your breaking point that would make you stop being a Bond fan.

Comments

• GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75
    To me, the only man who can pull it off is Aidan Turner. I've thought long and hard about it, but he has all the right ingredients; from his charm, wit, to his voice, 'dark, cruel good looks', acting chops, relatively unknown, the right age and then some. A classic Bond.

Found this interesting (albeit a little crappy) video on YT, so you can get an idea:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2-TalVHo-U0"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1981 Tom Hiddleston - 12
    1983 Aidan Turner - 9 +1
    1977 Michael Fassbender - 10
    1981 Rupert Friend - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1979 Luke Evans - 1
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1971 Ewan McGregor - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 1

A little disclaimer, which has been on my mind lately: I'm sick to death of all the PC bs the media has been spamming us for years with. Bond is not black, nor is he a female. We know very well who he is and what he stands for and I'm sure Fleming would be rolling over in his grave if he'd find out about all this nonsense. Truly.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited May 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Reposting my original post:

There is a lot of discussion in the "who could/should be Bond actor" thread about various candidates and other threads as well.

Many names have been mentioned and I think it would be good to get a sense of which names are the most popular choices with our forum members. This is not another discussion thread, we have that already, the purpose is to get to know who this forum would choose for the new actor, assuming Craig will not return.

It's simple. I have made a list with names and you can just add a "+1" to the man you would prefer best as the next Bond.
    If the actor you like is not in the list, by all means add him to it!

1981 Tom Hiddleston - 12
    1983 Aidan Turner - 10
    1981 Rupert Friend - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1979 Luke Evans - 1
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1971 Ewan McGregor - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 1

Tom Hiddleston votes:
    BondJasonBond006 / bondjames / Whoopsflootle / Thunderpussy / Risico007 / Benny / SaintMark / suavejmf / GeneralGogol / RogueAgent / 00Agent* / DannyBoy1994

Aidan Turner votes:
    bondsum / Mendes4Lyfe / Perilagu_Khan / dinovelvet / Bond_Bombshell / Shark_0f_Largo / MajorDSmythe / CaptainArthurs / MarkHazzard /GideonBond

Michael Fassbender votes:
    Thunderfinger / Mathis 1 / Creasy47 / Crazysoul95 / tanaka123 / StanKobra / GoldenGun / dominicgreene / Xandaca / LeonardPine

*00Agent originally votes for Turner, but decided to vote for Hiddleston afterward which I accepted.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I'll say one thing for Aidan Turner, he does one hell of a
    Pierce Brosnan impression. :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I got the same sort of feeling, though I thought he was doing an impression of Pierce Brosnan doing an impression of Sean Connery. ;)
    ;) Talented guy.

I got the same sort of feeling, though I thought he was doing an impression of Pierce Brosnan doing an impression of Sean Connery. ;)

...with slightly hinting at Dalton.
    Who the hell is Sonny Robertson?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

...with slightly hinting at Dalton.

I get Dalton vibes when he's aiming a gun, at least. Though that could just be because I think he looks the most like Dalton and not much else...
    1979 Luke Evans - 1
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1981 Rupert Friend - 1
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 1
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1971 Ewan McGregor - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 10
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 12

full.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    Who the hell is Sonny Robertson?

He's an actor from Utah who appears to be an extra in this year's 'Jason Bourne'...and that's it. Voted in by @M_Balje for reasons unknown.
    Maybe they're friends? ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2016 Posts: 17,805
    Michael Fassbender would get my vote in such a scenario.
    1979 Luke Evans - 1
    1977 Michael Fassbender - 11
    1982 Jack Huston - 1
    1981 Rupert Friend - 1
    1989 Sonny Robertson - 1
    1972 Idris Elba - 1
    1980 Charlie Hunnam - 1
    1990 Jack O'Connell - 1
    1971 Ewan McGregor - 1
    1983 Aidan Turner - 10
    1981 Tom Hiddleston - 12
  • RC7RC7
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Fassbender is head and shoulders, but I fear too old unless they shift to two year cycles.
    Agreed @RC7 Fassbender would always have been my choice, brilliant actor.
    Sadly as stated he's now too old and I's say too expensive.
    RC7 wrote: »

Fassbender is head and shoulders, but I fear too old unless they shift to two year cycles.

Yes, that would be the main problem. The Old Enemy - TIME. It waits for no man.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,116
    Fassbender is way too old ...he can barely move. Grey haired.. toothless, probably incontinent.

If Fassbender is too old then Craig is too old and definitely not returning.

Sorry I'm not buying the too old excuse. Too expensive... maybe. Uninterested? Maybe.

Too old? I respectfully disagree.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 17,805
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Fassbender is way too old ...he can barely move. Grey haired.. toothless, probably incontinent.

Sorry I'm not buying the too old excuse. Too expensive... maybe. Uninterested? Maybe.

Well, true enough. Fassbender is nine years younger than Craig after all!

Well, true enough. Fassbender is eleven years younger than Craig after all!

Thanks but I agree time waits for no man. *sigh*
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    How many franchises can Fassbender be part of at the same time? He's a lead in 'X Men', he has a possible series with 'Assassin's Creed', he's got 'The Snowman' in 2017 which could turn into a series of films based on the Jo Nesbo books, and now he should find time to be James Bond?

Don't get me wrong, Fassbender would be absolutely brilliant, but the amount of movies he has in the coming years would even impress Tom Cruise.
    How many franchises can Fassbender be part of at the same time? He's a lead in 'X Men', he has a possible series with 'Assassin's Creed', he's got 'The Snowman' in 2017 which could turn into a series of films based on the Jo Nesbo books, and now he should find time to be James Bond?

Don't get me wrong, Fassbender would be absolutely brilliant, but the amount of movies he has in the coming years would even impress Tom Cruise.

Fassbender despite being a great candidate doesn't seem a very probable choice.

Fassbender despite being a great candidate doesn't seem a very probable choice.

Sadly, that's true. :(
  • GideonBondGideonBond MI20 HQ - Netherlands
    edited May 2016 Posts: 75
    But wait! There is news regarding Fassy and his opinion on Bond:

irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/michael-fassbender-has-ideas-to-share-with-bond-producers-736795.html
    “To be honest with you, I think they should reboot the James Bond series and go back to his origins as a soldier."

He addeded: “I’ve got a great idea for it actually, so Barbara Broccoli (Bond producer), talk to me.”
    Wasn't Bond in the Navy ? :D so he's done his research.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Is Fassbender a bit soft in the head? If they were to show Bond's military days, wouldn't Bond be in his 20's, thus Fassbender is way too old for that?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited May 2016 Posts: 16,330
    eyvx1Ypl.jpg
    NW1Fy0Pl.jpg
    No pic of Sonny Robertson yet but getting there. :P
    I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of looking at a younger Bond, but I wouldn't want to see too much time spent on him as a member of the navy.

I think maybe you'd show that in the pre-titles and then move on to maybe showing some kind of international incident that forces the British government to create the Double-oh section, setting it up as a secret, off-the-books program that has no oversight beyond M, which should happen in no more than the first half hour after the pre-titles and then we should get back to as much of business as usual as you can have in a film that would be an even harder reboot than the last one.
    I didn't know Fassbender even had that much interest. Don't particularly like the idea of a reboot but at least he didn't have the idea of Bond related to every foe.
    I didn't know Fassbender even had that much interest. Don't particularly like the idea of a reboot but at least he didn't have the idea of Bond related to every foe.

They might have to reboot just to get out from under the weight of that plot device. ;)
    dalton wrote: »

They might have to reboot just to get out from under the weight of that plot device. ;)

True ;) ...wish Dalton was 20 years younger.