TOS

Character from each era
    TOS: Kirk
    TNG: Picard
    DS9: Quark
    VOY: Seven
    ENT: T'pol

Favourite side-characters

TOS: Edith Keeler (Ok only appeared once, though huge character)
    TNG: Vash
    DS9: Garak
    VOY: Cant think of any I liked, thinking back I cant believe I watched every episode... Q.
    ENT: Future Man (Liked idea, unfortunately never came to fruition)

Looking forward to the new trailer next month! :D

I was aware of some of these details, cant wait all sounds good. This time next year Star Trek back on the small screen. <:-P
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

I was aware of some of these details, cant wait all sounds good. This time next year Star Trek back on the small screen. <:-P

As long as it doesn't look like a cadet review, I'm IN!!! :))
    I hope its set some time after the dominion war, think they need to go a little further into the future.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's set in the Abrams universe isn't it? I don't think it will be in the prime era.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,594
    I forgot that a new trailer for 'Star Trek Beyond' is supposed to be premiering this month at that fan event, whenever it is. Looking forward to it!
    Murdock wrote: »
    It's set in the Abrams universe isn't it? I don't think it will be in the prime era.
    Not sure never considered which universe it would be set in, suppose it makes sense to be in (for identification sake) Earth 2.
    No. No Abramsverse Trek series. Forbid. FFFORRRR- BIIID.
    Alas not to confuse the current audiences it probably is in JJ verse, I was hoping Worf would show up.

sir-i-must-protest-i-am-not-a-merry-man-thumb.png
    Movies:
    Wrath of Khan (tie) First Contact

Series
    TNG

Character from Each SeriesTOS Spock
    TNG Picard
    DS9 Cisco (Never got into the show but I did see many eps)
    Voyager Chokotah
    Enterprise T'Pol

Favorite Side Characters
    TOS Marva McGivers
    TNG Q
    DS9 Kerys
    Voyager Janeway
    Enterprise Archer

Fantastic to see Meyer on board. I really hope it's a genuine role rather just symbolic move to please the fans.
    I realise I am going against the grain but I love Star Trek 5. Yes it has its problems, some of which are Shatners fault( the lumpen comedy) , some of which are not. The constricted budget didn't allow Shatner to use ILM so the effects are lousy and he couldn't afford the ending he had planned. But you can't fault the ambition of the story, the search for God no less. And I think he had some of the best interplay between the 3 main characters of all the original cast movies. You really feel that here are 3 men who are great long term friends. That's something the other movies didn't have. I've always thought the central relationship was Kirk, Spock and McCoy and in many of the other films McCoy was reduced to a supporting player. The scene where they are all forced to confront their fears is one of the best individual scenes in any Trek movie. It seems to me this film gets a lot of hate because people just don't like Shatner but I think people should give the film a break
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @cooperman2

I love Star Trek 5. Even if it is somewhere at the bottom of all Trek movies it still is great and the only reason why it may be at the bottom is because there are 5 other fantastic movies with the old crew.

The biggest problem for No 5 was, that it followed the universally loved The Voyage Home. After that expectations were too high.

Sybok is such a great character and very well acted. Also as you mentioned the Kirk-Spock-Bones relationship is beautifully done.

Row row row your boat has become one of my favourite songs ever because of this movie.
    My 6 year old daughter already knows it by heart (in English of course) :D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Most people love 4 and hate 5. I enjoy 5 and think 4 is good but overrated. I don't feel 4 is a bad movie, but I don't love it the way others do.
    No.4 has grown on me over the years, I didn't like it that much at the time. But something that all the movies up to Nemisis had was good characterization and they took their time to build these good characters. That's something that is sorely lacking in the Abrams re- boots. They are all surface glitz and action, but they have zero depth to them and sadly I am not holding out much hope for Beyond. Star Trek as done by a Fast and Furious director! Not looking good. Hope I'm wrong. Can't wait for the new TV incarnation though, with Nicolas Meyer on board it could be something quite special.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,602
    "Row row row your boat has become one of my favourite songs"

pure Dirty Harry for me but I get the reference

5 had potential and proved that the franchise was not dead (but they had to get Meyer back again to save it with 6), the premise is just wrong and a little insulting to any beleiver - the idea that God exists within our own universe plus , if you are going to meet God, you had better have a massive pay off at the end. Plus, I think they got very lucky when it turned out that one of the cast could actually direct very well so when Shatner insisted, they let their guard down. What evidence was there that he could direct? It relies heavily on the existing goodwill of the fans and the character development that had built up in the previous series and movie. Sorry to say but, as a standalone movie, its not very good.
    PS as for the budget, Khan had the smallest budget and was the best . It's about having a great script and a director who can balance the resources rather than run out of cash half way through.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 2,341
    Of the odd numbered films, ST III, The Search for Spock is by far the best. I so hated the love fest of ST:The Motion Picture and 5 was so bad. It had a good premise and Spock's half brother was a good take it just failed to deliver.

I will always curse and spit on 9 Insurrection. Maybe it was just a two hour episode but something about this movie just sets me off. Nemesis stunk up the theaters. they should have stopped at First Contact, quit while they were ahead.

Much as I hate Nemesis, it had its moments: the wedding, the running battle on those Rat Patrol type jeep vehicles.
    If you want grand, hard sci-fi, The Motion Picture is best.
    For pure character, Voyage Home is best.
    For action, Wrath Of Khan is best.
    For original series-like social commentary (complete with a Kirk 'wrap-up' speech), Undiscovered Country is best.
    Etc.
    Like Bond, there is a Trek movie for every mood.
    I must admit, though I listed TNG as my favorite series, I have never seen the entire series. I came in midway thru Season 2 and I never saw the episodes with Tasha Yar or much of the first season for that matter. Riker had the beard when I started watching and seeing him clean shaven is strange....
    Also seeing LaForge and Worf wearing red suits on the bridge just ... not right.
    And with the exception of a few of my favorite episodes, I do not re watch the series.

With TOS I have seen those over and over again. You can describe a scene from TOS and I can give you the name of the episode as well as which season it aired.

Folks would call me strange, but I feel that I am not the only one on this thread who can make that claim.
    The first Six Trek films I love for different reasons, Final Frontier has a way out story and great trinity moments.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    The only ST series, I just couldn't get in to was DS9.
    I loved everthing else. :)
    My Trek OS movie rating...

Wrath of Khan
    Motion Picture
    Search for Spock
    Undiscovered Country
    Voyage Home
    Final Frontier

Truth is I love them all dearly, watched all these films hundreds of times.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm such a huge Trekkie. I couldn't really rank the movies with some exceptions.

First Contact is and will forever be my favourite and even my favourite movie of all time.

From the Kirk crew movies I'd rank them like this:

1. Undiscovered Country/Wrath Of Khan
    2. The Motion Picture/The Voyage Home
    3. Search For Spock/Final Frontier

Still, The Motion Picture has become a yearly event for me like OHMSS. Mostly watch them during the Christmas Holidays.
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    With TOS I have seen those over and over again. You can describe a scene from TOS and I can give you the name of the episode as well as which season it aired.

Folks would call me strange, but I feel that I am not the only one on this thread who can make that claim.
    You are correct sir. I am such as you. I can even name many of the writers as well.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    I have a few versions of The Motion Picture I view it in same way as 2001 its a visual and cerebral journey that throws up concepts I am happy to think about whilst watching the film.

Put The Motion Picture on now, always feels like a cinematic experience, this film has vast scope its totally awesome.
    =))
    xeJoNqp.jpg
    Brilliant :))
    Murdock wrote: »
    =))
    xeJoNqp.jpg
    Oh my....

:-O
    My creativity has been drifting to where no one has gone before. >-)