Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I still think doing a young Han film is a very bad idea.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I have a bad feeling about this young Han movie.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    No interest in this, yet another unnecessary origin story that nobody wanted.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Yes, "Young Han" is not turning my crank I'm afraid.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Young Han is definitely a troubling prospect, not feeling it yet.

Rogue One had me at the get go but the only possibilty after this is if they sign Ewan up for an Obi Wan film then they've got my money already.
    Great. Now all we need is a Bond film opening with text scroll.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Wow had to turn that off after one minute, horrible song. The visuals are ok though.
    It's really a good job Radiohead never attached themselves to that film, it really didn't deserve the best band of the last 25 years providing it's theme.

Wailings on The Wall was much better suited to the disappointing film that was SPECTRE.

Sam Smith will be forgotten within the next few years whereas Radiohead have just taken over the internet once again with the release of their new album and it's another masterpiece.

• ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    May the Fourth be with you all, and who's enjoying the Star Wars Steam sale? I just bought Rogue Squadron and KOTOR 2.

Enjoy. I personally found KotOR II even better than KotOR, but of course you can't play the game without downloading the Restoration Content Mod or the M4-78 Mod. Absolute necessities that fill many holes in the story. Doesn't solve everything, but more than 90% of the game's problems, I'd say.

Kreia's my favorite SW character.
    Just found out there's going to be a documentary film released called 'Elstree 1976' that follows some of the lesser known stars of the original film

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4558042/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Apparently Tom Hardy will have a cameo in Episode 8.
    He's going to have to go some to top DC's cameo in TFA, it's so clearly him not just the voice but the swagger and attitude, "and I'll drop my weapon" line just put a big smile on my face, at least he was in one great film last year.
  • RC7RC7
    Shardlake wrote: »
    He's going to have to go some to top DC's cameo in TFA, it's so clearly him not just the voice but the swagger and attitude, "and I'll drop my weapon" line just put a big smile on my face

Excellent cameo. Love it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Shardlake wrote: »
    He's going to have to go some to top DC's cameo in TFA, it's so clearly him not just the voice but the swagger and attitude, "and I'll drop my weapon" line just put a big smile on my face, at least he was in one great film last year.

I'm still 100% certain the Craigtrooper was faking being mind tricked.
    'I really have to go to the bathroom and this is a good opportunity.'
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 12,287
    Hopefully they can pull of an ESB with Episode 8. As with 7 I'm very cautious about getting any hopes up.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Rogue-One-A-Star-Wars-Story-The-Official-Visual-Story-Guide.jpg

Image leak for Rogue One from official guide to the movie.
    I really hope that means that Vader will be in it.
    Been watching Collider movie talk, they seem to confirm it. I expected Vader though thought it would be revealed in a trailer first for impact.
    I thought he was actually in the trailer, no? There is a hint.
    You don't see him in the trailer, there is a robed figure that bows that could be him though I think that's someone else. At the end of the trailer your hear Vaders theme.
    Yes, that's who I was referring to. The robed figure at about 1:18 in the trailer, flanked by the Emperor's guards. I'm also quite certain he is the one who Jyn Erso sees when she turns around and the lights come on at the very end. Speculation on my part though.
    I thought that also right at the end, I think Rogue One could surprise a lot of people I am expecting very good things.
    Mads Mikkelsen also spoiled who he plays in the movie in an interview a few weeks back.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I suspect Rogue One will be what TFA should have been, not a children movie.
    I'm looking forward to it. In the mean time there is Rebels which is bloody great.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 40,544
    I suspect Rogue One will be what TFA should have been, not a children movie.
    I'm looking forward to it. In the mean time there is Rebels which is bloody great.

I'll never understand, no matter how many times you list your complaints, how you find TFA to be a children's film (and see no comparisons in how Rey/Finn act with how, say, Luke acted in the first 'Star Wars' film), and yet an animated Y7-rated kid's show isn't for "children"?
    TFA is not a children's movie I don't think, its certainly a safe movie though a few dark brutal things happen in it.
    @fire_and_ice, it's definitely not a children's movie, that's fact. It's just that anytime I see BJB bringing up the movie, that's the immediate comment he has about it, every single time.