No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

:))
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    :)) +1
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Oh very good.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This is one of those times where I wish I had a like button.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    bondjames wrote: »
    This isn't news. However, these are pretty desperate days and even the tabloids are having to scrap the bottom of the barrel.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3569373/Idris-Elba-Tom-Hiddleston-enjoy-boys-night-George-Lazenby-backs-Luther-actor-James-Bond.html

In other news, how great does Elba look. This guy has got style in abundance.

33BCF52E00000578-0-image-a-34_1462191154847.jpg
    Hiddle has Bond written all over him in that photo imho.

Sorry, looks like Joker to me, sans make-up...
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited May 2016 Posts: 8,161
    Whenever I see a picture of Turner, my first thought is he was born to be Bond. If he is picked, he will be the 7th 007, that's pretty amazing.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    peter wrote: »
    This isn't news. However, these are pretty desperate days and even the tabloids are having to scrap the bottom of the barrel.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3569373/Idris-Elba-Tom-Hiddleston-enjoy-boys-night-George-Lazenby-backs-Luther-actor-James-Bond.html

In other news, how great does Elba look. This guy has got style in abundance.

33BCF52E00000578-0-image-a-34_1462191154847.jpg
    Hiddle has Bond written all over him in that photo imho.

Sorry, looks like Joker to me, sans make-up...
    I've heard that from some on here. Different strokes and all that I suppose.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I hope it's none of these people.
    I'm assuming you'd want someone off our radars, but is there a specific reason why you're against Hiddleston?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Same old discussion and people mentioned, so I'll say my same old thing: I'm interested in Turner, yes. But a big no to Hiddleston; I find him just unattractive, including in a Bondian way. I don't see him as Bond at all. Elba is he were younger by several years; yes. But now, no that is not realistic. So I'm hoping Turner is given serious consideration.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I still think Eon should just throw the YOLT novel and a couple of million to Haggis.

The script is everything.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Put Moffat & Gattis in charge of a next era, surely they can do no more harm than P&W have.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Put Moffat & Gattis in charge of a next era, surely they can do no more harm than P&W have.
    It was during the release of Skyfall Moffat openly stated he wouldn't write a Bond film because he's too much of a fan and wants to be surprised when watching a new film in the series like the rest of the audience.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    It was during the release of Skyfall Moffat openly stated he wouldn't write a Bond film because he's too much of a fan and wants to be surprised when watching a new film in the series like the rest of the audience.

I can understand where he's coming from as in theory being writer or director of a Bond film is a dream job but then you don't get the excitement of seeing a new Bond film.

He could at least do one though couldn't he? As a professional writer he must be pulling his hair out at the SP 3rd act.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Yes Moffat be a fan's fan and step up if asked.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    50 plus new posts to look at about the Bond 25 production timeline...and it's all about Elba again. :-O
    I know its going to be a long wait for B25, but if you think about it, its really not too long. If the film releases on October 2019, that means they will probably begin shooting in December 2018. We should know who is playing Bond 3 to 6 months before that, so really weve only got to wait another 2 years roughly for the next huge announcement, and the rumour mill will start up long before that. I actually think all the speculation makes the time go quicker, so once we hit 2018 things should really start hottng up. Not long, guys! :-\"
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This thread will be 3000 pages by then.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I know its going to be a long wait for B25, but if you think about it, its really not too long. If the film releases on October 2019, that means they will probably begin shooting in December 2018. We should know who is playing Bond 3 to 6 months before that, so really weve only got to wait another 2 years roughly for the next huge announcement, and the rumour mill will start up long before that. I actually think all the speculation makes the time go quicker, so once we hit 2018 things should really start hottng up. Not long, guys! :-\"

Once we hit 2018? You make that sound like that's next month.
    doubleoego wrote: »

What makes you think end of 2018 is a write off for a release date @Mendes?

There doesnt need to be announcement about star and director until this time next year for 2018 to still be on. As long as the script is underway by the end of this year.

If we fast forward a year to now and theres still nothing then I would start to think 2018 isnt happening but I'm not panicking just 6 months after the release of SP. Even if they were going for a 2 year turnaround we wouldnt have got much by now anyway except the fact that it was happening.

Haha, I know 18 months is still a really long time, but its alot easier an objective than 3 and a half years. I think most people think of a late 2019 release date and think "god, that's ages away", but really their is a lot to look forward to in the interim. I have a feeling we could see a real changing of the guard happening in the next few years. MGW could well step down as a producer, given his health troubles as of late. Craig might not return. Bond could be going to a new studio. Even the creative team is going to change drastically. We already know Mendes isn't returning, taking Newman with him most likely, and P+W may well have finally been the given boot. So who will fill all these positions, and were will Bond go next? Well over the next few years (starting in about 6 months I assume) we should get a lot of hints to all this. Gradually things will become clearer, for better or worse and us fans will start to get a picture of what may be in store for us with B25. Sure, about 85% of it will be speculation, but it will be enough to wet our whistle and to keep us ticking of the days in our Calenders with growing smiles on our faces. And when B25 finally does arrive, we will all feel like we've just ran a marathon and been given a pale of water to drink.

What makes you think end of 2018 is a write off for a release date @Mendes?

There doesnt need to be announcement about star and director until this time next year for 2018 to still be on. As long as the script is underway by the end of this year.

If we fast forward a year to now and theres still nothing then I would start to think 2018 isnt happening but I'm not panicking just 6 months after the release of SP. Even if they were going for a 2 year turnaround we wouldnt have got much by now anyway except the fact that it was happening.

I'm not suggesting that 2019 is nailed on. But as a pragmatist, I tend to pick the worse case scenario and run with that. Right now, worse case scenario is 2019. If MGM and EON hit another roadblock, as they are known to do, B25 could become a distant light at the end of a very long tunnel. But of course you are right, at the moment there is nothing concrete to suggest that 2018 isn't possible or likely.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Given the Wilson sons seem to be getting more involved, I can only hope that they have inherited their grandfather's passion for the franchise, and also his ability to get on with it. The current team, although they hit it out of the park with CR, have a rather spotty record otherwise imho, and I'm looking for something more from the next generation.
    Given the Wilson sons seem to be getting more involved, I can only hope that they have inherited their grandfather's passion for the franchise, and also his ability to get on with it. The current team, although they hit it out of the park with CR, have a rather spotty record otherwise imho, and I'm looking for something more from the next generation.

I have to agree. The production machine have been spluttering on the last few cycles.

For me I kind of like the In between phases and I enjoy reminiscing of the past and speculating on the future and haveing an ambulance ready to drive to Mendes4lyfe's house on the off chance Hiddleston is the next 007 lol

One reason I like Hiddleston is he is a chameleon in almost everything he does.

But I am still on the Craig should do 1-2 more train give it a year or two and then I will be on the replace him train lol

One question I do have is with MGM tied up what can EON do? Looking back at 2009-2011 time period they hired screen writers, and brought in a director as a consultant and developed two video games. I am slightly nervous that not even that is happening... I mean legally can EON bring in say Pierre Morrell as a consultant for bond 25 ( even though that is code for director once MGM signs the dotted line with another production company) can they work with UBISOFT on a new bond game? Like what can they and can't they do it's extremely gray. Apart from not being able to leave MGM and go to Warner brothers I know very little about what they can and can't do. Can they hire script writers? Can they use their money to bring people on board? Etc
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Risico007 wrote: »
    For me I kind of like the In between phases and I enjoy reminiscing of the past and speculating on the future and haveing an ambulance ready to drive to Mendes4lyfe's house on the off chance Hiddleston is the next 007 lol

One reason I like Hiddleston is he is a chameleon in almost everything he does.

But I am still on the Craig should do 1-2 more train give it a year or two and then I will be on the replace him train lol

One question I do have is with MGM tied up what can EON do? Looking back at 2009-2011 time period they hired screen writers, and brought in a director as a consultant and developed two video games. I am slightly nervous that not even that is happening... I mean legally can EON bring in say Pierre Morrell as a consultant for bond 25 ( even though that is code for director once MGM signs the dotted line with another production company) can they work with UBISOFT on a new bond game? Like what can they and can't they do it's extremely gray. Apart from not being able to leave MGM and go to Warner brothers I know very little about what they can and can't do. Can they hire script writers? Can they use their money to bring people on board? Etc

I'm sure they could do those things, with regards to a film you can't release it without a distributor, which they currently don't have, MGM doesn't have the capacity to do that now as when they did with the Brosnan films. So they need a distributor for the next film.
    Wait so who was it telling EON that they had to recast Dalton? The distributor or the studio?
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Wait so who was it telling EON that they had to recast Dalton? The distributor or the studio?

The studio, they would still need MGM's backing to do those other things.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    It was MGM to my knowledge, who at the time was playing both roles. These days there are three parties who influence the choice of actor. In the past there were only two.
    It was MGM to my knowledge, who at the time was playing both roles. These days there are three parties who influence the choice of actor. In the past there were only two.

Absolutely. Although Sony had a lot more say in their deal than a distributor usually has, but they also contributed more money than a distributor usually does.

Right. So its most likely this new party who will be the most interested in recasting. Woah, thinks really are all up the air at the moment, aren't they?! :-SS