No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Brosnan will be 84 by then, but I guess it could work.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Brosnan will be 84 by then, but I guess it could work.

Yes, but not in 2018/19. They should bring Pierce back
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Brosnan will work at any age.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Never Say Never Again... Again!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    So Turner will be 35 in 2019, that's perfect!
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    Barbara Broccoli, Michael G Wilson and EON Productions continue to do what they have been doing for a while now.... to produce non-Bond projects, be they film, TV or stage productions.

FILM STARS DON'T DIE IN LIVERPOOL has been on the cards for a while. Other titles include THE SILENT STORM, which gets a UK theatrical release on May 19th 2016, RADIATOR (which came out last year), new TV co-productions (including a collaboration with the company making Michael Mann's touted THE WILD GEESE remake) and a civil rights true story involving Whoopi Goldberg.

Some folk can panic in all the wrong directions or one call look at it as great for the Bond franchise. It shows a set of producers and creatives who want to push themselves and the stories they find and nurture. It is about the process for them, not the end box office. It can only be a plus for the Bond movie project as working with great new (sometimes less known) actors, writers, cinematographers and directors can only nuture new experiences, new stories and new collaborations for EON.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Barbara Broccoli, Michael G Wilson and EON Productions continue to do what they have been doing for a while now.... to produce non-Bond projects, be they film, TV or stage productions.

FILM STARS DON'T DIE IN LIVERPOOL has been on the cards for a while. Other titles include THE SILENT STORM, which gets a UK theatrical release on May 19th 2016, RADIATOR (which came out last year), new TV co-productions (including a collaboration with the company making Michael Mann's touted THE WILD GEESE remake) and a civil rights true story involving Whoopi Goldberg.

Some folk can panic in all the wrong directions or one call look at it as great for the Bond franchise. It shows a set of producers and creatives who want to push themselves and the stories they find and nurture. It is about the process for them, not the end box office. It can only be a plus for the Bond movie project as working with great new (sometimes less known) actors, writers, cinematographers and directors can only nuture new experiences, new stories and new collaborations for EON.

Completely agree with this @CatchingBullets . I found Barbara Broccoli's interview on BBC Radio Four really interesting. It's was good to hear her talk about the cinema-going experience and her championing of independent films and films that don't get as much distribution as the blockbusters or tent-poles of the major studios.
    I agree with @CatchingBullets. Let's not forget that Cubby and Saltzman benefited from their other productions before Bond that helped pave the way for future collaborations. For instance, Terry Young and Richard Maibaum worked together on Tank Force with Cubby before Dr No.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Jesus, what are you all, their PR Reps? I don't give a shit about their side projects. If they were cranking out GREAT Bond movies with great story lines that show they're completely in control of what their doing and are energized with the character, then fine whatever, enjoy your side projects...
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    Jesus, what are you all, their PR Reps? I don't give a shit about their side projects. If they were cranking out GREAT Bond movies with great story lines that show they're completely in control of what their doing and are energized with the character, then fine whatever, enjoy your side projects...

I agree completely, EON should really get their priorities straight before floating away on whimsical dalliances. This will only end in disaster for EON. By the way, nice username.

ok... toddler?

I agree completely, EON should really get their priorities straight before floating away on whimsical dalliances. This will only end in disaster for EON. By the way, nice username.

Maybe there's shock, horror ... more to life and movies than just Jimmy Bond
    What's wrong with producing other films? These little side projects can always end up being profits for them for better use of budget in the future, as well as ending up in their resume as other titles they have produced and have taken care of. If we are to wait for another few years, I don't mind. Whenever it comes out, I'll see it then. And like @tanaka123 said, there's more to life than just Bond. Obviously you can brace yourself for sometime without Bond, can't you?
    As long as Bond has a cameo in them all, fine.
    As long as Bond has a cameo in them all, fine.
    As you predicted, Thunder, Bond does make a cameo in Babs' movie.
    pf1T5Gq.jpg
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    If the only alternative is Elba, I'd even take good ol' George Lazenby back. He's had 50 years to improve his acting kills.
    Agreed.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,116

And get burned out on Bond? They've been doing side projects way before these. Good to expand and learn ..stay out of that Bond vacuum.

Doesn't mean B25 will be any later or any sooner then what they have targeted.

Everyone is getting a tad worked up.

If you need your Bond fix read Vargr.
  • RC7RC7

Who invited Tommy Tantrum to the party?
    Doctor No is pissed because SPECTRE was shown in a bad light in the last film. Plus, bird dung makes you cranky.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I like Tommy Tantrum.

I prefer his cousin Tommy Twotone

edited April 2016 Posts: 45,489
    I prefer his cousin, Tammy Wyning.
    I prefer your mom.
    My mom is 67. You remind me of @Getafix.
    So... Family tree discussion... is part of the Bond 25 Production Diary, now? ;)
    Anything is part of this discussion. No news for another year.
    If it were an actual place to discuss rather than cybernetic, I would've suggested a game of Backgammon. Anyone?
    I don t play backgammon, but Ludo? Or chess?
    I'll play chess. I want you to appreciate that I didn't add "...with your mom."

No one has ever beaten me at chess while I was stoned, but when I was sober my wife beat me all the time.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 2,115
    re: The Silent Storm and Radiator

In movies, those credited as "executive producers" are not the primary producers. With SPECTRE, Broccoli and Wilson were producers, and Callum McDougall was executive producer (he also doubled as unit production manager). Going further back into Bond history, Michael G. Wilson was executive producer of Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy but he was not the primary producer (Albert R. Broccoli was) of the three.

On The Silent Storm, Broccoli and Wilson were among 12 executive producers. On Radiator, they were among eight executive producers.

Put another way, Broccoli and Wilson were involved with both movies. But they were not the primary producers of either.

Full cast and crew of Radiator:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4028876/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Full cast and crew of The Silent Storm:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2923780/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm
  • RC7RC7
    re: The Silent Storm and Radiator

In movies, those credited as "executive producers" are not the primary producers. With SPECTRE, Broccoli and Wilson were producers, and Callum McDougall was executive producer (he also doubled as unit production manager). Going further back into Bond history, Michael G. Wilson was executive producer of Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only and Octopussy but he was not the primary producer (Albert R. Broccoli was) of the three.

On The Silent Storm, Broccoli and Wilson were among 12 executive producers. On Radiator, they were among eight executive producers.

Put another way, Broccoli and Wilson were involved with both movies. But they were not the primary producers of either.

Full cast and crew of Radiator:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4028876/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Full cast and crew of The Silent Storm:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2923780/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

You can be an exec producer and do very little. It can be a pretty meaningless title in film and also US TV, handed out willy nilly, whereas In UK TV you'd likely have editorial input.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    BB producing that film isn't news she was talking about that whilst promoting Radiator which she was Executive Producer on.

Her involvement in the film isn't news. The "news" is that the film is happening this year and is currently casting.

Barbara has, to my knowledge, been working with producer Colin Vaines for a couple of years and the project is moving forward now that Spectre has been finished production.

My estimation is that EON are in no rush to begin production on Bond 25. Wilson had major surgery during filming and Barbara clearly wants to explore some different avenues.

Now would seem to be a perfect time as both Mendes and Craig (I think it's still EON's intention to bring these two back) will need a few years to get some distance from Bond before returning. I think EON are more than willing to wait.

There is no way this film is coming before 2018. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait till 2019.

I'm actually convinced that if Mendes and Craig don't agree to return and a new Bond is sought that 2019 is almost a certainty.

I think it's just becoming more clear that we're in for a long wait.....

F%£k! Oh well, strap in guys!

My personal feeling is that they wouldn't wait another four years for Craig at the age that he is. The fact that Bond is switching studios is kind of what makes me think this. I guess they've just accepted that this will be a 4 year gap, as there is so much transition happened at once they couldn't possibly rush into Bond 25. I mean think about it, B25 could have a new Bond actor, new Studio, new Producer (perhaps that Greg guy), new creative team (director, dp, composer, writers etc.). There is so much change happening at once, its incredible. Whatever happens, I don't think B25 will resemble much of the Craig era. After all how could it?

Another reason they could be waiting 4 years is they could be lining themselves up to hit that 60th anniversary year. If we're waiting 4 years, that's 2019, plus 3 years working on B26 makes 2022. EON don't like to miss their anniversaries, and this could be the perfect time to release all 25 Bond films in the new Ultra HD Bluray format.

The 50th anniversary coinciding with Skyfall was a happy accident - it was originally going to come out in 2011.

These happy accidents always seem to happen right when an anniversary is coming up. The same thing happened with DAD, they took an unexplained 3 year gap which happily coincided with the 40th anniversary celebrations. You have to admit; 40 years, 20 films has a nice ring to it.

If doing this gets B26 a few extra bucks at the box office, I don't blame them. As long as its Aidan Turner who steps out of the shadows in 4 years I'll be happy.

Ok I don't want a 4 years wait, it feels like an eternity but an Anniversary film its always good.
    It means a big promotional campaign, a new beautiful Bond boxset collection and a whole new wave of fans.
    Anniversary films get their campaigns so big that so many people who never watched a Bond film before they will watch it for the very first and very likley stay as Bond fans.

I know many of you hate it but i bet many fans got into Bond with Die Another Day( at least I did) and many others watched for the very first time a Bond movie with Skyfall.

so as eternal as wait looks, see the silver linings and its that the next film will be an Anniversary movie.
    Bond only gets such a huge promo in either of these two cases new Bond actor or Anniversary film and thinking of both cases in one it's gonna be something bigger than ever.

It makes me excited a60th Anniversary release.
    I can imagine the gorgeous boxset we all are going to get and maybe we will get new steelbooks of all the Bond films for everyone who wants to buy sny film individually or a proper release of the actors box sets but with much prittier casses.

maybe a steelbook box with space for 2-6 discs and a cover with metalic silver and gold.