The Dark Knight Rises :: July 2012 (Spoilers)

Comments

• bondbat007 wrote:
    I'm glad to see there's less popular hate directed towards him this time around. As soon as it became apparent that THE DARK KNIGHT was a good film and that general audiences were enjoying it, a lot of people turned on Nolan for no other reason than because his film was popular. It's like little niches of people seem to think that they a film can only be good because they were the first to say it was, or because they enjoyed it first; as soon as that film branches out into the wider public consciousness, they start hating it and the director.

This is true in all forms of entertainment. Take COD for an example in the world of video games. But it amazes me for somebody to watch TDK and say it's overrated. Nolan is a mastermind and so are his films, nobody can argue that

bad example. COD deserves criticism. They do the same thing every year, and its just gotten boring, the gameplay is dull (shoot this guy, shoot that guy, there's no variety), and going online is like walking into a deathtrap because of COD fanboys that spend every hour of every day becoming experts at the game

• edited December 2011 Posts: 2,598
    Catwoman looks fine. Nolan evidently felt there was more to her than sex appeal, and so felt that something practical was more suited to her than tightly-bound leather.

I think the suit looks too plain and boring but after thinking about it Nolan may have decided to keep it relatively simplistic so as to not suggest that everyone out there is as technically well equipped as Batman. If I think of it like this then I feel content. I have to say though, I prefer the rough, gothic look of Burton's cat suit. Every other facet of the Nolan films I prefer over the other Bat flicks however.

bad example. COD deserves criticism. They do the same thing every year, and its just gotten boring, the gameplay is dull (shoot this guy, shoot that guy, there's no variety), and going online is like walking into a deathtrap because of COD fanboys that spend every hour of every day becoming experts at the game

I'm not going to argue even though I disagree. This is a topic for another thread. My point is that some people can watch TDK and say they don't like it. Just cause it's popular(although they'll give a stupid reason like Batman's voice or something else) It just amazes me.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 1,856
    Just saw a bootleg trailer ASWSOME!!!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I saw a trailer today preceding my viewing of Sherlock Holmes 2 and was gobsmacked and very impressed. It was a very interesting trailer that touched on struggles with Bruce and Alfred and also included some Selina and a ton of Bane. It looks very interesting, almost as if Gotham will tear itself apart. I can't wait to see what else is coming for us.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2011 Posts: 28,694
    Here is the exact trailer I posted about:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0c1njWIStk&feature=related
    Nice trailer. Like the bit on the American football field. Thanks for posting. I especially like the part at the end where everyone in the theatre cheers! =D>
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 1,856
    I would really hate to be the director for batman Mk.3. A. To follow this and b. all this talk of "The End" may make it harder to market the next one.
    The next Batman film will be a reboot and will likely have its own feel to it. Just as the Nolan, Burton and Schumacher films were characterised by their own style, so too will the next film be.
    Completely unnecessary. There is just no need for another reboot of Batman but we all know what Hollywood's like...
    Bounine wrote:
    Completely unnecessary. There is just no need for another reboot of Batman but we all know what Hollywood's like...
    Actually, it would be completely necessary. Nolan is structuring RISES so that it has a definite end to it, and he will likely try and end the film in such a way that there are no real possibilities for a continuation. The three films are meant to be viewed together without any outside interference. Given that Warner Brothers clearly respect Nolan a lot, I think they will simply reboot the franchise rather than try and shoehorn a film into the eight years between THE DARK KNIGHT and THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, or try to explain away the ending of RISES so that a fourth film can take place afterwards despite Nolan's ending. Even if Nolan personally selects the director of the next film, I'd much prefer it if they started over again with a blank slate rather than try and fit it into the Nolanverse and ruin the continuity.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2011 Posts: 4,441

Same formula as opening of TDK. But with difrent discovery then expect. Also i see a litle bit of what i hope to expect going to happen with that reference to Batman Begins.

That the music sound/set up look like the same as TDK give me the feeling this movie mabey get the same forumla as TDK, that also mean a to long screentime.

• bondbat007 wrote:

I'm not going to argue even though I disagree. This is a topic for another thread. My point is that some people can watch TDK and say they don't like it. Just cause it's popular(although they'll give a stupid reason like Batman's voice or something else) It just amazes me.

Yeah I know what you mean, sometimes people just want to dislike stuff because its popular
  • I'm fine with a reboot as long as it isn't an origin story like batman begins. We've had enough of those, just start of the film with batman being batman, but in a different style to nolans.
  • I agree-- If they HAVE to do any origin business at all, do it like they did in the 1989 one. He was Batman from the beginning, and they had a *quick* flashback. That's all we need.
    If people don't know who Batman is and how he got there, then they aren't Batman fans
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,350
    It also seems Warner Brothers' aim to have the film out any time from 2017 to 2022, so that's 5 to 10 years after Nolan ended his series. They really want to take their time over this and I'm sure need to figure out what to do. It would be much easier to reboot Harry Potter.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 2,598
    Bounine wrote:
    Actually, it would be completely necessary. Nolan is structuring RISES so that it has a definite end to it, and he will likely try and end the film in such a way that there are no real possibilities for a continuation. The three films are meant to be viewed together without any outside interference. Given that Warner Brothers clearly respect Nolan a lot, I think they will simply reboot the franchise rather than try and shoehorn a film into the eight years between THE DARK KNIGHT and THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, or try to explain away the ending of RISES so that a fourth film can take place afterwards despite Nolan's ending. Even if Nolan personally selects the director of the next film, I'd much prefer it if they started over again with a blank slate rather than try and fit it into the Nolanverse and ruin the continuity.

Well, it'll be interesting to see how it ends.

What I actually meant as others have said is that they shoudn't have another origin story. Another film showing Wayne's parents getting gunned down and how he became Batman, I'm not sure will go over well with audiences. You have Keaton then you have Nolan. It's been played and will still have been played in 5 years time. Having said that I still won't be surprised if Hollywood does it. What I'd do is just show Batman on another adventure and if necessary have the odd flashback of his parents going down with no link to the Nolan films.

If the Joker for example, makes an appearance, then the audience should just be made aware that he's struck before and Batman knows him but not go into any detail.

Not another Batman Begins, please! LOL.
    Good quality official trailer...
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52331
  • Epic does not do the trailer justice.
    Still not understanding the problems with Bane's voice. I actually had more trouble with the "What does it mean?" / "'Rise'" exchange.
    Still not understanding the problems with Bane's voice. I actually had more trouble with the "What does it mean?" / "'Rise'" exchange.
    Me too.
    To be fair, I think it was drowned out a little by the chanting.
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 2,782
    Doesn't look good for Bats.
    Apparently the prologue contains a one-minute montage of shots from the film - the unanimous favourite of which was Bane holding a broken bat mask.

Sounds like excellent imagery.

So are we going to have Bane and the beginning of the film - do the business on the Bat and it takes Batman 8 years to recover, to rise and get medieval on Bane's arse?

Sorry I'm not blonde just a tad confused.

So I sort of guessed right -
    Bane does do the Bat back thing at the beginning of the film - see this article.

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/the-dark-knight-rises-trailer-breakdown-fan-edition/bat-wing-returns
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 9,770
    interesting article
  • Risico007 wrote:
    interesting article

Shocking, OMG article. I like the Robin references throughout the trailer that I didn't get. Awesome article.

• edited December 2011 Posts: 562
    I'll spoiler tag this just to be safe...
    Total Film is guessing that the man with the cane in the trailer is Bruce Wayne. I'm of the opinion that it isn't. I'd be willing to bet that it's Ra's al Ghul. There will be flash-backs in the film with Josh Pence playing al Ghul, as well as an alleged cameo by Neeson.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    The new trailer looks great!!
    Agent005 wrote:
    I'll spoiler tag this just to be safe...
    Total Film is guessing that the man with the cane in the trailer is Bruce Wayne. I'm of the opinion that it isn't. I'd be willing to bet that it's Ra's al Ghul. There will be flash-backs in the film with Josh Pence playing al Ghul, as well as an alleged cameo by Neeson.
    There was footage released a while back that showed Bale/Bruce getting out of his car and walking with a cane into a set. I'm pretty sure we are seeing Bruce there.
    Oh! I haven't seen that! Interesting...
    Agent005 wrote:
    Oh! I haven't seen that! Interesting...

Here is the footage I was referring to: