The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

Its nothing, he would take personal. Of course, people will speculate. He set it up himself. If he hadn't brought up the question, nobody wuld be out there talking about the next Bond in all seriousness. All would accept and most be fine with him doing another one. He knows the game.
    This whole gossiping started not because Daniel Craig was delirious, but because the SonyLeaks were mentioning Idris Elba. Daniel Craig, again by you and others, gets the blaim for it all. Bit unfair if you ask me. And regardless of what Daniel Craig personally thinks of it all, this discussion about who will replace Craig starts lacking style. As if we actually say "Go home Daniel, there are others who like the role now". Yuk.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It was his wrist slashing comments.
    For the media here, the case is closed it seems, Craig won't return.
    His comments are always brought up.
    The leaks had nothing to do with it, they were not even a topic here in the media concerning Bond.
    Anyway we'll know eventually.
    But I'm sure after SPECTRE nobody wants him gone.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I think Elba was mentioned as early as Skyfall but yeah it is really obnoxious. Daniel probably doesn't care but I wouldn't blame him if he did care. The online media is an ass. Elba has already said he didn't want to do it but people keep stirring the damn pot about him. I'm sure even he must get tired of hearing his name brought up over this.
    Gustav, you know, I am the crazy fangirl here and I am not blaming him. Just trying to keep it real. It does have to do with him not committing BUT also with the leaks. Its true, that it all started with that.

Without that leak, it might have gone another route. As it is, its not a good situation, I agree.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Sorry but Craig added fuel to the fire with his not so smart comments about slashing his wrists. You don't say something like that to the media irrespective of how it was intended and not expect them to jump on it and exploit the hell out of it. Craig really sh*t the bed with that illadvised comment.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Lets say, he didn't do himself any favours. But sometimes it works for the better. If it keeps him from returning and maybe sinking the ship, I am fine with it. They got away with Sp, but right now, I don't have any trust in them to get it right again any time soon. Too many unused opportunities in Sp. So, I'd rather see somebody else dealing with that.
    If Craig really doesn't want to come back then yeah, comments like that can assist in him not returning but then again, such comments also tarnish the role and as many people have said, makes Craig come off looking ungrateful, especially when he's been paid rather handsomely, worked with great talent and even gotten a producer credit. The role of Bond isn't new and is an acting job tgats been around for over half a century; you'd think with EoN-s countless rodeo experiences they and their leading actor would be a bit more careful with the things said in an interview.

Again, I think Craig's comments were him being honest but in a facetious way and in an ideal world the media wouldn't be so opportunist and sensationalist and twist the meaning behind his comments but such as it is, Craig should have been more judicious in his choice of words, especially as the comments he made were during the promoting of the movie.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I agree. Joke or not, 'wrist slash' was the most damaging thing he ever did to his position as James Bond.

We can complain all we want about endless Elba, Lewis etc. discussions in the media, but Craig poured the most gasoline on the conversation last year with that statement.

As I said elsewhere, it will be quoted all the way to the initial reviews for B25 whenever Bond is mentioned from now until then. Only the actual film will stop that quote.
    Precisely.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 4,325
    Yes, I agree those wrist slashing comments were not wise. On his quitting, I remember reading an article after Skyfall was released how he wasn't sure if he was going to do Skyfall after Quantum of Solace so ...
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Yes, I agree those wrist slashing comments were not wise. On his quitting, I remember reading an article after Skyfall was released how he wasn't sure if he was going to do Skyfall after Quantum of Solace so ...

Whatever you read there was nonsense, because if we might remember, MGM was in trouble and still Daniel and Sam continued to develop a script etc., so at that time, he never thought about quitting. It was just not sure, they would be able to make a film at all for some time.

Germanlady wrote: »

Whatever you read there was nonsense, because if we might remember, MGM was in trouble and still Daniel and Sam continued to develop a script etc., so at that time, he never thought about quitting. It was just not sure, they would be able to make a film at all for some time.

Yes, that's why I didn't say he was thinking of quitting. And he did renegotiate his deal.

I remember reading an article after Skyfall was released how he wasn't sure if he was going to do Skyfall after Quantum of Solace so ...

No?
    I'm sorry, I don't understand, i didn't say he was quitting before Skyfall. In fact I implied the contrary i.e. he didn't leave and did do Skyfall, which is why I posted that because i firmly believe he's not going to quit now before doing Bond 25.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I remember reading an article after Skyfall was released how he wasn't sure if he was going to do Skyfall after Quantum of Solace so ...

No?

He wasn't sure if it would ever get made, is what he said, because of the production delays. His commitment to his third Bond was never questioned.
    NicNac wrote: »

No?

He wasn't sure if it would ever get made, is what he said, because of the production delays. His commitment to his third Bond was never questioned.

Exactly.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    NicNac wrote: »

No?

Exactly.

Well, thank God, Skyfall got made otherwise the best Bond movie since GoldenEye, Spectre wouldn't have happened.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I know I saw photos of this figure posted here but can't remember the topic, or find it.

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/james-bond-item-list-a-z-c-2_399_507/james-guess-me-series-1-6-scale-figure-by-black-box-p-21622
    At the UN again today.

r26cg4.jpg

x0soyq.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    talos7 wrote: »
    I know I saw photos of this figure posted here but can't remember the topic, or find it.

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/james-bond-item-list-a-z-c-2_399_507/james-guess-me-series-1-6-scale-figure-by-black-box-p-21622

I set up a thread for it in the Merchandise section:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/15247/1-6-unlicenced-bond-sf-sp-figure-from-blackbox-toys#latest

If there is anyone in the UK looking for safe place to pre-order the figure from, then I recommend Lair Of The Octopus:

http://lairoftheoctopus.co.uk/Guess-Me-Series-16-Scale-Figure-In-Blue-PRE-ORDER-P5592717.aspx

I use them as my go-to site for 1/6 figures. You can pre order for £5 (or pay the full cost up front), which is then deducted from the overall cost. They also ship really fast. Estimated shipping is in August.
    He looks old in those pictures from the UN.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Yeah, he looks scary old.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Not really. He looks pretty much the same as he did at the Skyfall press conference in 2011.
    No he looked like a spring chicken at that press conference in comparison.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    he's growing the beard, which, as we saw in SF, is speckled with white (I'm assuming it's in preparation of playing Iago).

Otherwise, these are pretty grainy shots of DC, and I'm not sure how anyone can thinks he looks scary old, unless people are seeing what they want to see
  • peterpeter Toronto
    p.s., I thought this was an appreciation thread? DC's at the UN. He's a leader in disarming land mines in hot spots. That's what we should be applauding. Not whether he looks old or not.
    I think DC has the right to do what he wants in all fairness.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Well he is close to 50 and I'm assuming that he's not wearing any movie makeup or anything at the UN, so that's probably how he normally looks. No big deal. I'm sure he can be made to look younger if he decides to do another Bond film.
  • edited March 2016 Posts: 6,601
    Scary old? Oh well. Mendes, if he still wants the job, your Turner has no chance against the old man or any other.

Guess, I better restrain from posting pics, if one gets remarks like this on grainy pics just on behalf of a white stubble, which has been.white for years.