Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'm glad we can all agree that Batfleck is the bat's whiskers! :)>-
  • Yes, Ben's turn as Batman has gone over like Heath's Joker did, with the news challenged by moans and groans at the start, then cheers at the end. I think it's safe to say that we're in good hands.

It's nice to see that those of us who've stood by Ben since the very beginning are finally being rewarded for that loyalty (and good sense, might I add) with content like that fight.

I'm curious to see how much stunt work Ben does in the film, after seeing that.

I suspect alot of stunt work, certainly combat. Ben has got into very good shape for the film, be interesting to see the bluray extras further down the line. Despite obvious leaning on CGI the actors have quite demanding physical roles. Ben has matured greatly as a actor and film maker, and has a seriousness and intensity that will be perfect for the Bat.
  • I suspect alot of stunt work, certainly combat. Ben has got into very good shape for the film, be interesting to see the bluray extras further down the line.
    I read a funny interview from Ben (I think it was joblo.com) where he commented on 'comparing' himself to Cavill, and how ridiculously jacked he got for Man of Steel. He jokingly said something to the effect of 'at least I didn't have to be Batman in his prime- I get to be old, slow Batman' :))

Hell, he looks pretty damn good to me!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    'at least I didn't have to be Batman in his prime- I get to be old, slow Batman'
    Slow me down the same way please.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote: »
    'at least I didn't have to be Batman in his prime- I get to be old, slow Batman'
    Slow me down the same way please.

You lads are forgetting: Batman's slow is everyone else's fast. ;)
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 6,432
    I suspect alot of stunt work, certainly combat. Ben has got into very good shape for the film, be interesting to see the bluray extras further down the line.
    I read a funny interview from Ben (I think it was joblo.com) where he commented on 'comparing' himself to Cavill, and how ridiculously jacked he got for Man of Steel. He jokingly said something to the effect of 'at least I didn't have to be Batman in his prime- I get to be old, slow Batman' :))

Hell, he looks pretty damn good to me!

Its prompted me to get back training lol Ben does look in good shape. Cavil on other hand just seems to get bigger. Think the Matrix took actors training to another level, many actors I have total respect for the physical levels they reach for a role.
    Sorry double post, phone playing up.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

New batmobile clip from the BvS.

• Dalton12 wrote: »

That was funny.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That was brilliant! Are Ben and Jesse doing similar videos? I'd love to see that.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Batman all the way baby. Supes is toast.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition has been rated R by the MPAA "for sequences of violence"

http://batman-news.com/2016/02/23/batman-v-superman-directors-cut-rated-r/

MPAA Bulletin PDF

So this is mildly interesting. I'm not as interested in the R rating as I am in this "Ultimate Edition". I assume it is just an extended edition like the Watchmen Syder-cut and I'm all for it!
    Wow, that's awesome! I will definitely be picking that edition up when it releases. I love that Snyder is putting content in the film that should be there, namely straight up gritty, no holds barred violence to transmit his vision for the DCCU.

Snyder always gives his all when it comes to special features/extras for the fans, and this news has me extremely pumped! We're going to be getting a jaw-dropping disc release later this year for sure.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That'll be interesting for sure, and although the movie has been done for quite some time now, I wonder if this R-rated edition announcement has something to do with the success of 'Deadpool.' It was only a matter of time. Even though I'm not crazy about either of these movies, I will say that if 'Deadpool' proves that you can make bank while still having an R-rating and more films start doing this, I won't complain.
    edited February 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Dalton12 wrote: »

I know they're kids but some of those pro batman responses from those girls are typical logic that blind batman fan boys employ. Jeez.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    doubleoego wrote: »

I know they're kids but some of those pro batman response are typical logic that blind batman fan boys employ. Jeez.
    Guilty as charged on this one. Since childhood. All logic out the door.
    :))
    edited February 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    That'll be interesting for sure, and although the movie has been done for quite some time now, I wonder if this R-rated edition announcement has something to do with the success of 'Deadpool.' It was only a matter of time. Even though I'm not crazy about either of these movies, I will say that if 'Deadpool' proves that you can make bank while still having an R-rating and more films start doing this, I won't complain.

It's just Snyder's formula. Man of Steel is the only film of his without an R-rated cut, so this feels less like a reaction to Deadpool and more just par for the course for him. Of course, with DP doing so well, making the announcement at this time could very well be connected to that film's success.

I know they're kids but some of those pro batman responses from those girls are typical logic that blind batman fan boys employ. Jeez.

The first time I watched that and heard those girls' answers I thought, "yep, that's how a young Brady would've answered those questions." Actually, I'm still like that. Dammit.
    bondjames wrote: »

I know they're kids but some of those pro batman response are typical logic that blind batman fan boys employ. Jeez.
    Guilty as charged on this one. Since childhood. All logic out the door.

@bondjames, you took the words right out of my mouth. Batman is our peoples' Jesus and we won't have anyone denying his supreme power! >:)

This is quite amusing also because Supes is the one that always gets the Christ imagery thrown his way.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2016 Posts: 13,894
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/batman-v-superman-jena-malone-is-playing-a-pretty-big-character-a6878941.html

Don't toy with me, now. I'm expecting a cameo with only a few minutes of screentime, but even a remote of a major character with DCU expansion potential, that gets me excited.
    That image also claims there will be a flashback scene with the Joker.
    I've been hoping Malone was going to be Barbara! That'd be brilliant and she fits the part to a tee.

You think they'll do a Killing Joke flashback @Seven_Point_Six_Five? That'd be nuts!

And with the rumor that the first Batman solo film will adapt a Red Hood story, we have the chance to see Jason Todd on screen too, and see firsthand why this Batman might've given the war on crime up.

Holy crap, gents, the DCCU is here!

You think they'll do a Killing Joke flashback @Seven_Point_Six_Five? That'd be nuts!

Possibly. I'm not putting much weight into this "Joker flashback" rumor, but if its true, a Jason Todd death scene seems like a good way to go about it. It would serve as a good explanation for why Bruce has become more weary and why Batman has become more brutal.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    https://www.inverse.com/article/11899-why-batgirl-s-appearance-in-batman-v-superman-is-a-big-ass-deal

Even if Jena's character is carried over to tv, I would be absolutely fine with that.
    If there was going to be a Batgirl TV show, they'd never have the film actress in that role. They've been dead set against doing it for everyone else, as popular as Arrow and Flash have been.
    CW doing great things with DC TV universe and very much seperate to the DC Movieverse. Though DC TV has a back door with the...
    Multiverse set up in flash, hypothetically speaking a movie version of a character could appear in earth 2 or earth 3 etc... in the DC tv universe.
    Fair point. Then I will have to settle for Jena leading her own DCU film. ;)

Seriously, though, not that I honestly see much of a chance of that happening, even as a fan of hers. As an indie actress, her ability to carry a big budget superhero movie is unknown, from a studio point of view. I live in hope, but will expect Barbara Gordon/Batgirl/Oracle to remain a supporting character.
    I would be very happy to see a Batman movie based on The Killing Joke There is a R-rated animted movie on its way with Conroy and Hamil.
    Fair point. Then I will have to settle for Jena leading her own DCU film. ;)

Seriously, though, not that I honestly see much of a chance of that happening, even as a fan of hers. As an indie actress, her ability to carry a big budget superhero movie is unknown, from a studio point of view. I live in hope, but will expect Barbara Gordon/Batgirl/Oracle to remain a supporting character.

@MajorDSmythe, I think you'll be very happy going forward. Babs is Batman's go-to for anything relating to research, forensics and other kind of data, so Jena is very likely to be at least in all the Batman solo films heading forward, if not more beyond that. I don't know, however, if Barbara will already be wheelchair bound or not in BvS. Since this is a much older Batman and Jason Todd has already been killed by Joker, I think she's likely been out of the batsuit for a long while now.

I have a lot invested in eventually seeing a live action adaptation of Death in the Family and Under the Red Hood, with a greater emphasis on Ra's involvement in Jason's resurrection and a fight between the Demon's Head's leader and Ben's Batman. I'd kill to see a sword fight between them a la Hush. I get tingles just thinking about it.
    I would be very happy to see a Batman movie based on The Killing Joke There is a R-rated animted movie on its way with Conroy and Hamil.

You have no idea how pumped I am for it, @fire_and_ice. It'll be like a darker continuation of BTAS, depending on if they follow Bolland's art style or go for something close to the original series. Mark must be through the roof excited; this was the one thing he always wanted to do as Joker.