No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RC7RC7
    talos7 wrote: »
    RC7 wrote: »
    Let's calm down a bit. This is clearly just some bullshit made up by the Croatia tourist board to put them on the map.

Ha ha, precisely.

Good for them, more power to them.

Indeed. No better way to sell yourself than through a Bond.
    Rouge et Noir could be cool.

It's the title of a classic French novel by Stendhal: Le Rouge et le noir. So it won't happen.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I read that in the 70s. Don t remember much of it, but great title.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Ludovico wrote: »

It's the title of a classic French novel by Stendhal: Le Rouge et le noir. So it won't happen.

I guess if Idris gets the nod like the whole world wants then noir could be applicable and the rouge could refer to maybe lipstick or blood. I can imagine a teaser poster coming on.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    This is Croatia, by the way...

The Mark Strong comments, to me, sound like he read a headline. I highly doubt any sort of conversation with Daniel specifically about quitting the Bond role post-SPECTRE.

What dupes me is his comment that "higher powers" are at play, he suggests, to boot Daniel, which is in fact the opposite.

I'm not taking Strong's comments as meaningful in the slightest.
    I still say the Strong quote is rubbish he can easily counter his own quote by saying "That is what I heard but haven't spoken to Craig in months" if EON announces Craig is returning for Bond 25.

they were able to talk Roger Moore and Connery back at least once so why not Craig
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2016 Posts: 23,883
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    What dupes me is his comment that "higher powers" are at play, he suggests, to boot Daniel, which is in fact the opposite.
    I'm not so sure. I actually think his comments suggest he knows a lot more than we think. I'm sure they've (Craig and he) discussed this before as they are quite close. Many factors could certainly be at play, given there are multi $m and multi-year negotiations at play.

Surely DC's involvement (and the cost & length of his continued involvement) are a part of such discussions, given the numerous directions the producers and studio may want to take the character.

Strong is the new stright.
    The Mark Strong comments, to me, sound like he read a headline. I highly doubt any sort of conversation with Daniel specifically about quitting the Bond role post-SPECTRE.

Seriously. He's just trying to get into the news because he's promoting a film and knows anything mentioned about Bond will make headlines. All this doom and gloom about Craig leaving based on this nonsense is laughable.

He's coming back. Mark my words.
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    . Mark my words. [/quote]

Done.
    Croatia looks good but we really are in early days with so much up in the air!

I picked up on that too. He was implying that Craig was dumped. Bottom line for me is that any kind of major news like this is strickly Craig's and/or EON's to make. Strong was a jerk to run his mouth like this on something so major.

Rule # 1 when you are friends with a very famous person. You never, never gossip about them in print or you are no friend.

I remember reading about Strong meeting up with Craig in Morocco when EON and Craig were scouting locations and doing some limited shooting. Strong was apparently nearby shooting in Africa. The articles noted they hadn't met up in years. The still current close friends references in the new articles seem bogus. It will be interesting to see if Strong is leaned on to walk this back.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Perhaps we are rushing to judgement way too quickly. Strong wouldn't have said a word if he was strictly not permitted to make claims or talking about it. Perhaps Eon does want to stir things up a bit for publicity so Bond still make appearance in the press. That's no news and nor a first in the given history of filmmaking industry. They're letting the journalists run stories and are not making announcements just yet. The more heat, the larger the spotlights.
    It could even be at Craig's urging. Who knows?

After all, the casting news about his possible new show was also strange (surely he likely would have told them to keep that under wraps if he had a commitment to Bond during studio negotiations). Lots of loose lips these days.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Perhaps we are rushing to judgement way too quickly. Strong wouldn't have said a word if he was strictly not permitted to make claims or talking about it. Perhaps Eon does want to stir things up a bit for publicity so Bond still make appearance in the press. That's no news and nor a first in the given history of filmmaking industry. They're letting the journalists run stories and are not making announcements just yet. The more heat, the larger the spotlights.

That's true. It does seem like there's a plethora of these stories at the moment. Anyone would think EON has a DVD to sell or something.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

That's true. It does seem like there's a plethora of these stories at the moment. Anyone would think EON has a DVD to sell or something.
    Conspiracy. ;)
    EON is gonna want to control the news flow re anything related to something as critical as casting Bond 7. They can't possibly want critical info leaked early before they have their ducks lined up. Not all buzz is good buzz. Elba and the diversity race issue in the US is a loaded issue right now. EON does not want their hand forced by political pressure. Lots of serious stuff is likely going on, and we are all just speculating. Time will tell. This was supposed to be a long boring period.
    bondjames wrote: »
    It could even be at Craig's urging. Who knows?

After all, the casting news about his possible new show was also strange (surely he likely would have told them to keep that under wraps if he had a commitment to Bond during studio negotiations). Lots of loose lips these days.

There was no way this was going to be kept under wraps. Ruden has been negotiating with multiple cable companies and Craig's participation was the major selling point for a good deal. There was no way given all the many players, that Craig's participation could not have leaked. But who knows, maybe Craig wanted his departure leaked. But I seriously doubt he would have wanted any hint that he was dumped out there. Holly Molly if true, what ingratitude. But then it's business, and EON has long been known to treat all their Bonds save Roger badly.

• Hmm, Mark Strong vs Mr. Hinx, who do we believe?

"I say at least because the conversations I had with him are not the conversations of a man who is ready to say goodbye to the role."

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/468214/Daniel-Craig-back-two-more-James-Bond-films

(Ignore that its the Daily Star, this was a quote from an interview that went everywhere)
    Bautista is not to be believed in my view. If Craig was surely back for two more, we would have gotten a more credible and stretched rollout of Blofeld and Spectre, rather than the 'compressed into one film' scenario that we in fact received.

Bottom line: I don't think they knew what Craig was going to do until the release of SP. He pretty much said as much on Charlie Rose. Both he and Mendes said they had until early 2016 to let EON know where their head was at.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Bautista is not to be believed in my view. If Craig was surely back for two more, we would have gotten a more credible and stretched rollout of Blofeld and Spectre, rather than the 'compressed into one film' scenario that we in fact received.

Bottom line: I don't think they knew what Craig was going to do until the release of SP. He pretty much said as much on Charlie Rose. Both he and Mendes said they had until early 2016 to let EON know where their head was at.

You mean like the 'compressed into one film ' scenario we had with From Russia With Love?

You mean like the 'compressed into one film ' scenario we had with From Russia With Love?
    Not really, but that film wasn't called 'Spectre'. Bottom line, I think most will agree Craig is not back for two more. That's unlikely based on what he has said since the Bautista interview which was in October.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

To me, it sounds like some inside information that one best friend gave another. With Daniel's previous statements over the years, including his seemingly foul distaste in returning lately, on top of him taking on more Broadway work and his upcoming television series, I feel that SP will be his last.
    Oh no! Please say it isn't so......please.. I was so hoping she would make good on her threat to leave when Craig left.

http://www.themarysue.com/naomie-harris-moneypenny-bond/
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 199
    Just had an interesting double bill. First, watched the Blu Ray of Spectre. A very workman like effort from script to direction to actor. Humdrum and by the numbers. Then watched Tom Hiddleston in The Night Manager (The Sun newspaper today had a whole centre spread on him) and I have to say that Tom Hiddleston was more Bond than Daniel Craig. AMAZING performance. If EON don't have Hiddleton on speed-dial then they have no right to be looking after Ian Fleming's character.
  • Ludovico wrote: »

I guess if Idris gets the nod like the whole world wants then noir could be applicable and the rouge could refer to maybe lipstick or blood. I can imagine a teaser poster coming on.

The "whole world" definitively does NOT want Elba anywhere near Bond; the media, an infinitesimal if highly influential fraction of the populace, does. Huge difference.

When Craig comes back for two more films all you Negative Nancies will be eating crow. Break out the mustard and sour kraut!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Oh no! Please say it isn't so......please.. I was so hoping she would make good on her threat to leave when Craig left.

What do you have against Naomie? I think she's great.
    jake24 wrote: »

What do you have against Naomie? I think she's great.
    Not my cup of tea. I like MP as a character as a smart one saving Bond from behind a desk and Naomie is better suited to action imho (as an actress - despite the mistakes her character made in SF). I would prefer someone more prim and girly like Arterton. I think she would have been perfect.