No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Unless they already have 80% of a shooting script it's not even remotely possible to get a 2017 release date.

Is this still a discussion?

B25 will not be released in 2017. Get over it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    We know that but apparently the Spanish media don't.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2016 Posts: 15,423
    If the release date, for those who think (none of us in this thread) that way, is 2017, they should consider one fact that there is no shooting script. Heck, there are no writers on board, nor any of the crew reprising their roles, let alone a shooting script. The outline isn't even developed yet. MGM doesn't have a parent distributing company as of yet. Craig is quite busy with commitments to various other productions of many kinds, how can anyone see a 2017 release date as a possibility is beyond me or any sane mind.
    They haven't even got a studio at the moment for Christ's sake so how are they going to start filming in 10 months time?

In any case, we know that when it comes to Bond, with it comes innacuracies and conjecture of varying degrees of absurdity.
    They haven't even got a studio at the moment for Christ's sake so how are they going to start filming in 10 months time?
    Beats me. LoL!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    By the way when will we find out who owns Bond next?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited February 2016 Posts: 15,690
    Ironic that the spanish, not exactly known for their hard work efficiency, are talking about EON creating a Bond film entirely from scratch within about 10 months time.
    By the way when will we find out who owns Bond next?
    It was supposed to be revealed "by February", which means this month. But, here we are, nearing the end of the month itself yet no revelation has been made.
    Question: how many major franchises now produce a movie every two years?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Fast and Furious made its 5 latest films every 2 years (2009-2011-2013-2015-2017). That's the only franchise I can think of in recent years.
    Then there's the Marvel franchise (MCU) that put out movies practically every year.
  • Ironic that the spanish, not exactly known for their hard work efficiency, are talking about EON creating a Bond film entirely from scratch within about 10 months time.
    No, on the contrary, it seems ok. Spaniards are good improvising
    :P
  • peterpeter Toronto
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I've said this before & it's just my opinion/obeservation. I thought Craig looked his oldest in Skyfall. To me, he looked very similar to how he looked in CR during SPECTRE. Especially at some of the photoshoots/premieres.

I second this...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I agree about it not necessarily being an issue to put out a film every two years. That's just nonsense. It can be done, if one wants to do it, and if everyone is on board for it. It's a matter of commitment and effort, as well as vision.

If they don't want to do that, but want to bet the farm every three years, that's up to them, but it doesn't have to be this way.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    Fast and Furious made its 5 latest films every 2 years (2009-2011-2013-2015-2017). That's the only franchise I can think of in recent years.

Well, quite. Churning out Furious Farting sequels requires no great effort, as is apparent on screen.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I'd prefer somewhere in between Harry Potter and Indiana Jones
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I'd prefer somewhere in between Harry Potter and Indiana Jones

Now there's a threesome just waiting to happen.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Umm not quite what I meant ....keep waiting lol
    Ironic that the spanish, not exactly known for their hard work efficiency, are talking about EON creating a Bond film entirely from scratch within about 10 months time.

Lovely stuff!
    AceHole wrote: »

Well, quite. Churning out Furious Farting sequels requires no great effort, as is apparent on screen.

Indeed. Is that really the level we want to be aspiring to?
  • Anyone catch Brand new BBC spy thriller The Night Manager? Tom Hiddleston apparantly gives a great audition for Bond. Sounds like everyone is declaring their candidacy for Bond now...all except Daniel Craig!
    SonofSean wrote: »
    Anyone catch Brand new BBC spy thriller The Night Manager? Tom Hiddleston apparantly gives a great audition for Bond. Sounds like everyone is declaring their candidacy for Bond now...all except Daniel Craig!

I will see it in april and give my two cents looking forward to it honestly
    edited February 2016 Posts: 11,139

Unless you either sailed out to sea or live in some remote area with limited internet and electricity, why wait until April? Just watch it online.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Unless they already have 80% of a shooting script it's not even remotely possible to get a 2017 release date.

Is this still a discussion?

B25 will not be released in 2017. Get over it.

This. Not only was it not "pushed back," but anything before 2018 wasn't happening in the first place. Expecting B25 before then is wishful thinking that will not pan out. It's not happening.
    Sadly and unfortunatley I believe will be 2019 before we get the next Bond film.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    Sadly and unfortunatley I believe will be 2019 before we get the next Bond film.
    ?! I certainly hope not sir. We've waited long enough to get just 4 films in the last 10 yrs.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited February 2016 Posts: 8,079
    Yes, and by then Craig will be 51. That is pushing it, IMO.
    IGUANNA wrote: »
    There are just too many behind-the-seen hurdles to overcome and we are clearly in no hurry to do it, with no studio lined up less pressure to release a film, Michael Wilson is tired, Craig might leave, and another frosty stumble reception to Spectre just like Quantum of Solace which means another possibly 4 year break so break out the fan trailers.
    I too do think we'll get it by 2019.
    edited February 2016 Posts: 15,690
    I also wouldn't be surprised if Bond 25 is released in 2019. There is just not an ounce of information about anything being put in motion about the next installment at this hour.