Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2016 Posts: 28,694
    47 looks freaky from the gameplay I've seen. Like a newborn baby in a thousand dollar suit. I much preferred his older look in Absolution.
  • They fixed his face since the first gameplay trailer. He still looks younger, but a LOT better.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jackdagger wrote: »
    They fixed his face since the first gameplay trailer. He still looks younger, but a LOT better.

@jackdagger, is there a photo? I'm interested now.
  • The face keeps changing, but from what I gather this is the most recent version:

tux_zpspi2oh7nn.png

That looks much, much better! Happy to see Square Enix made the change.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Oh god, I loathed Absolution. I am praying that this one will be more in line with Blood Money. Absolution looked fantastic, but urgh... the game play was so far away from what a Hitman game should be.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Obviously, you can't tell how jealous I am that you're playing the Hitman beta. I bit the bullet and bought the digital edition on Amazon, yet received no code, unfortunately. Oh well, I'm looking forward to playing it either way, because I'm sure it can't be any worse than 'Absolution' was.

@MajorDSmythe, I believe they've said this one is closer to 'Blood Money' and 'Contracts' than 'Absolution,' thankfully.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The face keeps changing, but from what I gather this is the most recent version:

tux_zpspi2oh7nn.png

"The butler did it".
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    Obviously, you can't tell how jealous I am that you're playing the Hitman beta. I bit the bullet and bought the digital edition on Amazon, yet received no code, unfortunately. Oh well, I'm looking forward to playing it either way, because I'm sure it can't be any worse than 'Absolution' was.

@MajorDSmythe, I believe they've said this one is closer to 'Blood Money' and 'Contracts' than 'Absolution,' thankfully.

Is that where the '47' in your username comes from? I always wondered. XD
    That's weird you didn't get the beta code. Are you on PS4? The PC beta is next weekend and X-Box doesn't get a beta.

Although some of the (good) mechanics from Absolution remain, the game feels a lot more like Blood Money. Most importantly, the sandbox levels are back.
    edited February 2016 Posts: 40,368
    @jackdagger, that it is! It's been part of all the usernames I've made in the last decade, I always try to incorporate the number somehow. Yeah, I'm on PS4, I'm wondering if it has something to do with when I pre-ordered it (Tuesday) or perhaps I was ineligible for some other reason. Huge, sandbox levels with numerous targets to kill and plenty of ways to do so, with countless disguises to use on top of that, is all I need.
    Can Square Enix just have the 007 licence please
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I'm in the process of my first ever play-through of 007 Bloodstone. I've been working my way through every James Bond game from Goldeneye N64 up to this, and I have to say it's awesome so far!

Why have you taken so long?

@Agent007391 I certainly am late, aren't I? :D I only buy used games and consoles to save money, and my gaming PC wouldn't run Bloodstone smoothly on any setting (I've heard the PC port is "CPU locked" to an Intel I7, so even if you exceed minimum systems requirements, it won't run right on any other CPU). Just finally got a PS3 a few days ago. I'm all finished with Bloodstone now (fantastic), so it's on to Legends (as soon as DHL gets off their lazy butts to deliver it).
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Clearly SKYFALL reference in the latest HITMAN game. :)

N0NpoHa.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

N0NpoHa.jpg

(Sarcasm) I have no clue what you're talking about, they don't look similar at all to me.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I knew all those years of playing Hitman with Bond music playing lead up to this. :D

N0NpoHa.jpg

"Number."

"47."

"Hair."

"None."

"Red."

"Tie."

"Purchase."

"Barcode."

"Square."

"Enix."
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    "Diana"

"Done!"
    Still really looking forward to getting my hands on it day one once it's out next month. As long as it has good visuals, good gameplay, and actually delivers on giving me big, unique levels with targets to kill in various ways, it'll be a purchase well spent, and on second thought, the episodic content will be nice because it'll continuously bring me back to the game over a period of many months.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The only thing I don't like the sound of, is the episodic format. But by the time that I get around to buying a PS4, it will have had a physical release.
    The only thing I don't like the sound of, is the episodic format. But by the time that I get around to buying a PS4, it will have had a physical release.

I'm with you on that, kind of. All these major developers and publishers are trying out ideas I just don't care for, commonly with nothing but money in their eyes. This isn't season pass level bad, but I'm still not a big fan of the approach. I'm not getting the game anyway, at least not anywhere near release, but for those excited for it, I can feel your pain.

Didn't Square Enix say that they wouldn't make a physical copy of this game? As far as I understand it, it's all digital all the time.
  • edited February 2016 Posts: 498
    The studio that makes the Hitman games, IO Interactive, has stated multiple times that a physical disc will be available sometime towards the end of 2016, and that they'll be no paid DLC or microtransactions. They seem like they're really trying to be good to the fans given the situation.

I honestly think that the episodic release was a decision by Square Enix (the distributor), but I can't prove that. It makes sense though. They don't seem to have any faith in anything that's not Final Fantasy.

I can warm up to the episodic idea, simply because my life is boring and it will give me something to be excited about, but I would normally just buy game discs. This is the first game I've ordered/preordered digitally.
    The studio that makes the Hitman games, IO Interactive, has stated multiple times that a physical disc will be available sometime towards the end of 2016, and that they'll be no paid DLC or microtransactions. They seem like they're really trying to be good to the fans given the situation.

I honestly think that the episodic release was a decision by distributor Square Enix (the distributor), but I can't prove that. It makes sense though. They don't seem to have any faith in anything that's not Final Fantasy.

I can warm up to the episodic idea, simply because my life is boring and it will give me something to be excited about, but I would normally just buy game discs. This is the first game I've ordered/preordered digitally.

That's extremely refreshing, @jackdagger, and thanks for the info on that. In an industry full of Activisions and EAs, I can get behind IO's plans. Hopefully their vision for content release goes unchanged.

I honestly think that the episodic release was a decision by Square Enix (the distributor), but I can't prove that. It makes sense though. They don't seem to have any faith in anything that's not Final Fantasy.

The end of 2016 is about when I am planning to buy a PS4 anyway. :D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

The Final Fantasy VII Remake is also using this episodic model, so it could just end up being standard Square Enix operating procedure in the future. Also, they seemed to have pretty big hopes for Rise of the Tomb Raider.
  • Minecraft Very addictive game, my fortress is coming along well.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Pong :P
    Was looking to get my 'Hitman' fix today, now that the first few missions have finally been released, only to find out that apparently all of the digital pre-orders via both Amazon and the Square Enix website don't work at all. Nice to see that things have been kicked off smoothly...
    Spider-Man 2 called out to me. I can't for the life of me figure out why.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    A question to those who are playing Hitman (yes, the latest game). As it's going to see a release in episodic format, was the first one that just came out only consisted of one mission (that being the Paris Fashion Festival thing)?
    @ClarkDevlin, it comes with the two prologue missions from the beta plus the Paris fashion mission. However, while I haven't played it yet (only got through the prologue, going to take a crack at the Paris mission in the morning), I've heard that the level itself is unbelievably huge with tons to explore.