Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• edited March 2011 Posts: 503
    I just thought of another suggestion:

- Can we have timestamps on our posts that indicate the time, not only the date, of the post? Not a desperately needed feature but it's a bit redundant to have each post read only "March 24" when we all know what day it is. ;-)

- Relevant to the above suggestion, can we have the option to select our time zone?
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,347
    Today's posts are displayed with time, not date :)

To me it doesn't really matter what time posts of yesterday and before were posted.
    Quoting DiscoVolante: Today's posts are displayed with time, not date
    Not to me, they're not. Where are you seeing this? Maybe it's because it's still March 23 for me, but for the MI6 system it's March 24?
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,347
    Quoting Bond:
    Quoting DiscoVolante: Today's posts are displayed with time, not date
    Not to me, they're not. Where are you seeing this? Maybe it's because it's still March 23 for me, but for the MI6 system it's March 24?
    Hm, that's strange. I thought the forum would detect your timezone automatically, it did for me. The time is shown in the same place as date.

(It's March 23 for me as well)
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Just a glitch I notticed: A few minutes ago I hit the link to this thread (with only one unread post - Luds' last one) and got this: http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5397/mi6commynity.jpg
    It may be just me, but I've no idea so I thought I should point it out.
    @gt007:

I've had the same thing occur.
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    @gt007

It happened to me, too. Thanks for the screen capture, I thought it was something I had done wrong so I didn't think twice. If it happens again speak up, please ;;)
    As far as date/time stamp is concerned, is this what others see next to the username on the same day of the post?:

http://i55.tinypic.com/969mr4.png
    Looks like this for me:

On older posts, it shows date.
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    @Bond

I see that when a post has been made on the previous day. As an example, in your case I see 3:12pm instead of March 24. I'm really puzzled by this. :-?
    Could it be a mod thing? Doubt it though...
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    @ Bond

I do not see the date for today, just the time. Any older posts though, do have the date on them. Its the 23rd for me.
    Quoting WillardWhyte: I do not see the date for today, just the time. Any older posts though, do have the date on them. Its the 23rd for me.
    Very strange, because I was beginning to think that it was only showing this for me because it's still March 23 here, not the 24th as it is for the MI6 servers (presumably).

But if it's still the 23rd for you and you're seeing the time instead of the date.... I don't know what the heck's going on.
    Yes thats strange.
    It's the 23rd in whole Europe and US, quite certain the MI6 servers are located in either.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    It should pick up on your location and/or your computer time and set it to that.
    Quoting MI6: It should pick up on your location and/or your computer time and set it to that.
    In that case, my timing and dates are right.
    Quoting MI6: It should pick up on your location and/or your computer time and set it to that.
    Interesting, because it's not even halfway through March 23 here, and my computer's time is correct. Could it be something in my settings or preferences? In the future can we maybe get the option to change our time zone and related settings?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1,986
    All suggestions have been noted or already were noted.
    - Date/Time stamp for every post, not just date for > 24h ago or Time if < 24h
    - Timezone does detect automatically, this is built in the forum, I doubt we could add a setting.
    - As for the glitch, I suspect it's because someone was making a post, perhaps in Preview mode and the system detected it. I've seen this before and it was always an issue at KTBEU as well. Not sure this can be resolved but I'll add it to the list.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 5,767
    I could spend hours just watching the new smileys and waiting what they´ll do. Does that make me childish? :">
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting boldfinger: I could spend hours just watching the new smileys and waiting what they´ll do. Does that make me childish?
    I admit liking quite a few of them. Especially :ar! , but ESPECIALLY \m/
    ;)
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 22
    I'm really sorry but could someone point me in the right direction of the "mark all as viewed" button please. :">

Edit - never mind, just read on another thread it's been hid away for a while
    It's supposed to be in the top right hand corner but they have had some problems and removed it for now..
    Any chance we'll be able to delete our posts? Or should we just blank the ones we want to delete?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting Bond: Any chance we'll be able to delete our posts? Or should we just blank the ones we want to delete?
    You can always do this in the mean time if need be. If it's an accidental duplicate or so, mods can delete them as they browse. But it's on the list. I need to get a hand of those guys because I've held out from posting the list of known issues and suggestions for a while now.
    OK, I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but my little "inbox" button has had a 1 by it for several days, as if I had a message, but I don't. It's really annoying....

I've deleted all my messages, and it's still there....

Help me make it go away :(

Before anyone suggests it, I already had a few drinks, and it hasn't made me feel better about that nagging #1 in the corner....
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    @lalala2004 That's a little odd, lala. Did you open all of your messages before you deleted them? If you opened all but one that may be the reason. But I'm just guessing. Could well be an annoying quirk...
    @St_George no, I opened them all. I have no clue....
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting lalala2004: my little "inbox" button has had a 1 by it for several days
    It's a vanilla bug, inbox shows new content counter because someone sent you a PM and deleted the conversation before you had the chance to read it. It should evidently reset at 0. It's been sent to those lads for fixin' ;)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Will the poll options and "who is online list" be moved to the top and bottom of the screen at some stage? At the moment it feels as if everything important has just been shoved in the right hand side, suggesting the site is low on space though it's not.
This discussion has been closed.