Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

The first 2 are great. Return of the Jedi is good but not as good. The prequels are abysmal. In every single way. Pretend they don't exist and you'll be happier.
    From somebody who grew up with the prequels, I'll always find enjoyment in many parts of them. The only downright awful one is Ep II. Ep I has a lot of horrible moments with some very good ones and I like Ep III on the whole a lot. No, of course they all pale in comparison to Empire Strikes Back but still, to dismiss them entirely isn't fair

Also, unpopular opinion, while A New Hope becomes a great film, the first hour or so I've always felt started out very slow. When they get off Tatooine, it becomes much more interesting
  • edited October 2015 Posts: 6,432
    Good spot, possibly Bango or Bongo Fett, third generation Fett?
    Possibly a spoiler, but it's right there in the trailer so.....

W2hsbK8.png
    Anybody else notice who it looks like standing on the far left of this image??
    There's no way they'd let that sort of thing leak...would they?

:-O :-O
    Possibly a spoiler, but it's right there in the trailer so.....

W2hsbK8.png
    Anybody else notice who it looks like standing on the far left of this image??
    There's no way they'd let that sort of thing leak...would they?
    Certainly looks a lot like the armor....
  • Matt007 wrote: »
    The first 2 are great. Return of the Jedi is good but not as good. The prequels are abysmal. In every single way. Pretend they don't exist and you'll be happier.
    I would fully support Disney REMAKING each prequel once the new trilogy is done.
    Hell they could even just just make one, that replaces the prequel trilogy. Call it 'Star Wars 0' or something to that effect.
    DCisared wrote: »
    Am I the only person in the world who hasn't seen a whole star wars film from beginning to end?
    There's no better time to hop on the bandwagon! And as you may have gathered above, go ahead and skip those pesky prequels :-bd

You know, after being let down 3 movies in a row, and as great as Force Awakens looks, if it somehow ends up being bad, I think the world could end!! The anger of billions of SW nerds collapses the fabric of space time....

....Nah it'll be awesome! Already got my ticket!
    I love 4 to 6 (part of my childhood) and, for that reason, have not seen 1-3, the clips, reviews etc were just so bad, I am happy I have not seen them ,
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,257
    Daisy Ridley and John Boyega react to seeing the trailer for the first time:

Huge spoilers possibly...
    Luke is stood at the back right of shot in the scene with the knights of Ren all in the pouring rain, build and height its looks like Hamil. The majority are wearing the same mask in that scene, I zoomed and slowed down the shot I believe Luke to be the one holding the staff. It would not supprise me if its Luke in mask on the bridge of the Star Destroyer whilst the red pulse shoots across the screen.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    These "Luke turns to the Dark Side" theories have been running the internet in circles. The CinemaSins guy even has one. Is this just a thought because Anakin turned?
    These "Luke turns to the Dark Side" theories have been running the internet in circles. The CinemaSins guy even has one. Is this just a thought because Anakin turned?
    I think Luke's apparent absence up to now has thrown speculation into overdrive, I think it would be a interesting ark if Luke has turned if done well. Decades ago it was proposed Luke would turn evil in a earlier idea of Episodes 7 - 9.

This year´s big horror movie:

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    New Japanese trailer

New Japanese trailer

Wow! Very interesting new bits contained in there! :D
    New TV spot. Lots of previously unseen footage:

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Not sure if I'm going to bother seeing this at the cinema.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm going to bother seeing this at the cinema.

Why's that?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It's just not wowing me and I'm not as enthusiastic about it the way I was hoping or at least should be. Still, I'm undecided if I'll catch it at the cinema or not.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited November 2015 Posts: 9,020
    doubleoego wrote: »
    It's just not wowing me and I'm not as enthusiastic about it the way I was hoping or at least should be. Still, I'm undecided if I'll catch it at the cinema or not.

I get you.
    It's the same for me really. I'm not even sure, Ford and Co should have appeared in it. I fear it could damage their legacy.
    I would have loved something like Star Wars Rebels as a real action movie.

I will go and watch it though, because there are some "series" I always will go see at the cinema: Anything DC comics related, Star Trek, Star Wars, James Bond, Aliens, Jurassic Park, Indy.
    Furthermore only natural disasters will keep me from going to the cinema for Ridley Scott films, Christopher Nolan films and Steven Spielberg :)
  • ForYourEyesOnlyForYourEyesOnly In the untained cradle of the heavens
    Well, Star Wars is probably the one franchise I might ever say I love more than Bond. I loved the films as a kid and I only wish I was born in the 70's so I could've watched both the original Star Wars upon release, along with my favorite Bond film, The Spy Who Loved Me.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,399
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited December 2015 Posts: 45,489
    Just nine more days until it is here.Will probably not be able to see it until next weekend, though. Crossing my thunderfingers it will be as good as it looks.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm happy that, to date, I don't know anything about the plot of this film except for the original trailer (I haven't clicked on the new footage above). I'll be seeing it in IMAX on the 21st.
    I'm happy that, to date, I don't know anything about the plot of this film except for what I've seen in the original trailer (I haven't clicked on the new footage above). I'll be seeing it in IMAX on the 21st.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Regarding the actor John Boyega.

The Chinese posters for SW7 have this actor's image removed.

Ummm, racism in China some have said.
    Thanks @haserot. I will check out the recent trailer today then.
    mepal1 wrote: »

Shocking if true. I hope it doesn't affect the gross.

His image hasn't been removed. They've just minimised his image.

His image hasn't been removed. They've just minimised his image.

Why do you think they did that?