Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I aim to rectify the error of my ways very soon and watch the Star Wars movies.

You should start with the original Star Wars movie, but the updated version.
    It's very simple if you like it, continue, if it does nothing for you, forget the rest.

Gerard wrote: »
    And here's a TV spot with a few scenes added.

Loved that parade shot at the start!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That was the one and only new thing I saw. Maybe I missed something, though. I only watched it twice.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thanks to the D23 expo, the Internet has been flooded with new 'Star Wars' information.

Official (and awful) 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' poster:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-force-awakens-poster/

First 'Star Wars: Rogue One' photo revealed, alongside new casting additions:

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-rogue-one-photo-cast-d23/

Colin Trevorrow will direct 'Star Wars: Episode IX':

http://www.slashfilm.com/colin-trevorrow-star-wars-director/

Benicio del Toro confirms he has been offered the lead villain role in 'Star Wars: Episode VIII':

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-episode-viii-villain/

Simon Pegg helped shape the script for 'The Force Awakens':

http://www.slashfilm.com/simon-pegg-star-wars/
    Well, that poster is not on the same level that, well, everything Struzan has done in past years, that's for sure.
    Surprised nobody posted Luke yet! Here he is in full costume
    11902313_10100737953532381_3494492305679494623_n.jpg?oh=e1268f6456470a5da8ed8c02be2c0dcd&oe=567E4ECC

Also that poster is just the first of many- it's not the final one.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited August 2015 Posts: 7,854
    "Hello, there" - his first words, I'm bettin'.
    Here are the pages (HQ) related to Star Wars VII published in the issue of EW (August 21st):
    [img][/img]764363coverEW082115.jpg
    [img][/img]561978SWVII001.jpg
    [img][/img]780970SWVII002.jpg
    [img][/img]579672SWVII003.jpg
    [img][/img]251698SWVII004.jpg
    [img][/img]973333SWVII005.jpg
    [img][/img]404977SWVII006.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Why does that sith lord, Kylo Ren is it? , remind me of Donald Duck? Hello, Disney! I trusted you!
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 11,189
    Why does that sith lord, Kylo Ren is it? , remind me of Donald Duck? Hello, Disney! I trusted you!

:))

He does doesn't he.
    Some great new pics there! :-bd
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 1,310
    Is anyone else worried about Colin Treverrow directing Star Wars IX? Jurassic World is an incredibly sloppy film and his direction - and lack thereof in certain scenes - is the film's biggest problem.
    @SJK91, I'm sure the only reason he got the job was because of how much 'Jurassic World' crushed at the box office. Haven't seen the movie and I don't plan to, either.

The current cut of 'The Force Awakens' is 124 minutes long:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-force-awakens-runtime/
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 5,823
    Here's a look at some of the vehicles we will see (with some spoilers added on). Well, sort of, really.

robot6.comicbookresources.com/2015/08/first-official-look-at-star-wars-the-force-awakens-lego-sets/
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @SJK91, I'm sure the only reason he got the job was because of how much 'Jurassic World' crushed at the box office. Haven't seen the movie and I don't plan to, either.

The current cut of 'The Force Awakens' is 124 minutes long:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-force-awakens-runtime/

That's good news. I really thought they'd fall into the modern blockbuster trap of putting out a 2:30+ cut just to appear more 'epic'. A solid two hours works well for me.
    @RC7, that's what I was thinking, as well: most of the blockbusters we've had lately tend to drag and overstay their welcome with the running time. Even though this is the initial cut, the movie will only lose or gain a couple of minutes from here on out (as editing continues), so that's a good thing.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And there are lots of kids needing to take a piss after two hours of gulping down soda drinks.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The running time is a plus for me, they obviously trying to evoke Episode 4, I can see this playing out similar to original trilogy, Force Awakens will be action packed fun opener then Rian Johnson will bring on darker middle act, with the likelihood Colin Trevorrow bringing us the closing epic.

I can't say Trevorrow is much of an inspired choice, especially when Johnson was a sign of them giving us something unexpected. Though despite quite a few thinking JW wasn't up to much ( I thought it was fine, nothing special). He's bought in the B/O with that film and is pretty hot property because of it, so to Lucas Film & Disney it was probably a no brainer.

Though the news that put the biggest grin on my face was that Mads had been cast in Rogue One, will be interested if they go against type and don't cast him as a villain and let him be one of the good guys.
    The problem with the newer trilogy is that they ran on for way too long and dragged a good bit.
    And there are lots of kids needing to take a piss after two hours of gulping down soda drinks.

Adults, too.

I'm fine with the running time so long as it doesn't feel like there are missing sections. Avengers Age of Ultron ran over two hours long, but it still felt like things were missing, which disappointed me. Every movie doesn't need to be the length of a Lord of the Rings movie, but they shouldn't feel like most of the story is cut out, either.
    So Disney are going to build Star Wars land in California and Florida?!!!! Oh hell I gotta go there!!!! :)]
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    So Disney are going to build Star Wars land in California and Florida?!!!! Oh hell I gotta go there!!!! :)]

I live about 5 minutes away from Disneyland yet havent been there in over 10 years. I think a Star Wars themed park could change that.
    The running time is a plus for me, they obviously trying to evoke Episode 4, I can see this playing out similar to original trilogy, Force Awakens will be action packed fun opener then Rian Johnson will bring on darker middle act, with the likelihood Colin Trevorrow bringing us the closing epic.

So . . . this is basically going to be a rehash of the Original Trilogy? If this proves to be true, I will not be that happy.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    No it's not going to rehash the original trilogy, It's building onto it. J.J. Abrams is going all out with this movie having almost everything be done practically with practical effects, real people in costumes and alien puppets as was done with the Original Trilogy instead of Shooting most of the movie in a green/blue room and using 90% CGI like the Prequel trilogy's were. He's being true to the original trilogy's tone and feel instead of being lazy and building around cheapy CGI special effects.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    It's going to be a lot like the other trilogies. Keep your expectations low, people.
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 5,767
    BAIN123 wrote: »

:))

He does doesn't he.
    I don't mind him looking like a Donald from hell version.

It's going to be a lot like the other trilogies. Keep your expectations low, people.
    What on earth is that supposed to mean? "the other" trilogies couldn't be more different from each other. @-)

Murdock wrote: »
    No it's not going to rehash the original trilogy, It's building onto it. J.J. Abrams is going all out with this movie having almost everything be done practically with practical effects, real people in costumes and alien puppets as was done with the Original Trilogy instead of Shooting most of the movie in a green/blue room and using 90% CGI like the Prequel trilogy's were. He's being true to the original trilogy's tone and feel instead of being lazy and building around cheapy CGI special effects.
    The problem wasn't the CGI, but the bad script and lack of interesting story.

RogueAgent wrote: »

I live about 5 minutes away from Disneyland yet havent been there in over 10 years. I think a Star Wars themed park could change that.

Cool! Do you have a spare room? ;) :))
    boldfinger wrote: »
    What on earth is that supposed to mean? "the other" trilogies couldn't be more different from each other. @-)

One is mostly dumb fun, the other is mostly dumb and not so fun. It's a matter of degree.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Episode 1, Liam Neeson bites it, episode 4, Alec Guinness bites it. Who bites it in 7? I have a bad feeling about it