Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I've heard some rumors about that but I would hope that they don't feel obligated to do it just for tradition's sake.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Much as I know that "rhyming stanzas" is a theme of Star Wars, I don't want that to be the case with the sequel trilogy, because then we'll be wondering who loses a hand in Episode VIII, and what the jungle/forest world in Episode IX will be.
    Had a strange dream I was a Jedi knight last night ....

But as for Star Wars Epsiode 7 I am on the fence I will see it in theaters but am I the only one thinking of waiting till January so I don't have to deal with a million kids?

Still can't believe from a list I created in 2004 this film is actually happening now there are only 3 projects on my never will happen shelf (jaws reboot, macgyver reboot, highlander reboot)
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    So Disney are going to build Star Wars land in California and Florida?!!!! Oh hell I gotta go there!!!! :)]

I live about 5 minutes away from Disneyland yet havent been there in over 10 years. I think a Star Wars themed park could change that.

Cool! Do you have a spare room? ;) :))

Perhaps I should mention that I also have family and friends who work at Disneyland who can get me in for free?
    New Star Wars: The Force Awakens Image of Kylo Ren

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/24/new-kylo-ren-image-released/

ep7-ia-79842-r-2-1--148869.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/24/star-wars-lucasfilm-are-using-cgi-to-bring-peter-cushing-back-to-life-for-rogue-one-5357731/
    I'm sure this is probably old news, but here goes. Peter Cushing is Back ( CGI)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    DRush 76 wrote: »
    The running time is a plus for me, they obviously trying to evoke Episode 4, I can see this playing out similar to original trilogy, Force Awakens will be action packed fun opener then Rian Johnson will bring on darker middle act, with the likelihood Colin Trevorrow bringing us the closing epic.

So . . . this is basically going to be a rehash of the Original Trilogy? If this proves to be true, I will not be that happy.

I said evoke not rehash, the first film I bet will be closer to Star Wars in tone but it will be a brand new story. I think the tenplate of the original trilogy will adhered to and that Episode 8 will be darker like Empire (again a new story and not a rip off) then the closing Episode 9 will be the epic closer like ROTJ.

I'm not suggesting rehash I suggesting the pattern of how the OT played out, the plot will be very different and the new directors will bring their own vision to the franchise.

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DrGorner wrote: »

News to me. This was an idea Lucas had in mind for Revenge of the Sith, nice to see it finally coming to fruition.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Actually Tarkin did appear in Episode 3. It was a blink and a miss moment but it was an actor makup to look like Peter Cushing.
    Review_TarkinROTS_stillB.jpg
    Murdock wrote: »
    Actually Tarkin did appear in Episode 3. It was a blink and a miss moment but it was an actor makup to look like Peter Cushing.

Not really "blink and you'll miss it", but the appearance was originally Cushing via CGI, but it didn't look convincing enough for Lucas, so they hired an actor (Wayne something that starts with P).
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 4,813
    lol I remember seeing Tarkin in Ep III. The dude was circus ugly when looked at up close! More like a Dick Tracy villain:

Young_Tarkin.jpg

Wasn't Episode III pushing a good 20 years before Episode IV? Looks like they tried to duplicate Tarkin's appearance from A New Hope!
    Poor Peter Cushing wasn't ALWAYS such a gaunt fellow! Sheesh!
    Episode 1, Liam Neeson bites it, episode 4, Alec Guinness bites it. Who bites it in 7? I have a bad feeling about it
    I'm almost afraid to even consider it, but....
    I feel like Han Solo might be the one. It's no secret that Ford wanted to kill Solo in ROTJ. He might have insisted this time in exchange for returning. Plus, ULTRA SPOILER
    I've seen a photo floating around of the Millennium Falcon cockpit with Chewie in his usual seat, and Rey sitting in Han's seat. No Han Solo around. :-SS Could mean nothing but....

ULTIMATE SPOILER. Here's the picture I'm referring to. They don't look happy.

ozMPpYk.jpg
    [-O<
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The film will be at all IMAX locations for an entire month once the film premieres:

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-force-awakens-imax/
    Murdock wrote: »

Absolutely love that image! :-bd
  • edited August 2015 Posts: 4,813
    Not really a spoiler on account of the poster, so here's actual footage of John Boyega wielding a blue lightsaber(Luke's old one?)

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/john-boyega-weilds-a-lightsaber-in-this-star-wars-the-force-awakens-tease-269
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    OK Star Wars fans, I need to ask a question.

It was a rainy Bank Holiday and I flicked across the channels. In doing so I watched the last 10 minutes of Part II, then the whole of Part III, and finally the first half hour of Part IV (original film I believe). I'm not a SW fan, but I was entertained by the stuff I saw, although not impressed by Part II ending and Part III beginning with effectively the same thing - the same 2 Jedis sabre fighting with Christopher Lee.

Anyway, my question....

Why did the older Obi One appear not to know C3P0 and R2D2 in his little cave in the desert, after he seems to have been with them a lot in the earlier films? That's it really.

Ta
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Apart from poor retcon, all I can think of is.......dementia. :)
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 232
    He's probably a droid racist, they all look alike to him. With all the huge nits to pick in the Lucas-written ones, that's actually pretty minor.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    NicNac wrote: »

Why did the older Obi One appear not to know C3P0 and R2D2 in his little cave in the desert, after he seems to have been with them a lot in the earlier films? That's it really.

Ta
    Because the prequels are crap.
  • ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    Lol, because it is true, from a certain point of view
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    Because the prequels are crap.
    Pretty much this.
    But I always assumed that in the Star Wars universe, while they may act human, droids are just property, and there are billions of physically identical ones.
    By comparison, would you recognize your exact TI-83 calculator from high school if you suddenly saw it years later? Probably not, unless you personalized it.

Anyway, that's how I always took Obi-Wan's reaction.

Unless you buy into the fan theory that R2 (and Chewie) are top secret undercover spies for the rebellion...

• ThomasCrown76ThomasCrown76 Augusta, ks
    I've also heard that George Lucas did the prequels the way he did on purpose
  • RC7RC7
    So apparently we're (UK) getting Force Awakens a day ahead of ROW. The Empire strikes back.
    Stunning new image of Kylo Ren:

http://i.imgur.com/QaHBNNn.jpg

=D>
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Could someone please tell me what the purpose is of the two little light bits jutting out of his saber at 90 degrees, except to look cool, and potentially cut his fingers off?

It seems so extraneous and irrelevant.

• edited September 2015 Posts: 1,661
    LOL! He is a skilled lightsaber user so he avoids getting his fingers cut off. But don't try using it at home, kids! ;)

I think I read that the design is to represent the Knights of the Ren. The crossguard design is the symbol of the Knights of the Ren. But don't quote me on that!
    RC7 wrote: »
    So apparently we're (UK) getting Force Awakens a day ahead of ROW. The Empire strikes back.

Two days earlier in France :

franceinfo.fr/culture-et-medias/cinema/article/star-wars-le-reveil-de-la-force-sortira-en-france-le-16-decembre-726587

It's because in France, movies are released on wednesdays.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Stunning new image of Kylo Ren:

http://i.imgur.com/QaHBNNn.jpg

=D>

Darth Duck.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Could someone please tell me what the purpose is of the two little light bits jutting out of his saber at 90 degrees, except to look cool, and potentially cut his fingers off?

It seems so extraneous and irrelevant.
    Extraneous and irrelevant? All the major figures so far got their hand cut off because they didn´t have such a thing.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    First images and possible scene details from the set of 'Star Wars: Episode VIII':

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=125049
    edited October 2015 Posts: 1,257
    Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer To Debut During Halftime On Monday Night Football
    http://comicbook.com/2015/10/18/star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-to-debut-during-halftime-on-/

Here are just a few teasers to whet your appetite.